1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armando Sees Some Light!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finrunner, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    Armando has a somewhat positive article on the Dolphins offense at the Herald:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/24/3581512/miami-dolphins-offense-showing.html

I guess I could go with some Johnny Cash here, but I'll go with old Todd Rundgren instead:

[video=youtube;AvxhJb6f7rE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvxhJb6f7rE[/video]

Back to the article. Although it starts with his requisite negativity for the first four or five paragraphs, it also highlights a few nuggets of which I wasn't totally aware. I'll first highlight the TEs, because after the Keller injury, that seems to be an issue on red alert. Can the other players pick up the slack? While I have doubts myself, at least early returns are promising that we may be a better receiving team from the TE position (even without Keller) than we were last year. Of course, there's the "we'll believe it when we see it" mantra that we either have to overcome or else let play out. But Armando's comments are optimistic.

He goes on in the article to discuss Mike Wallace -- at least the way I read it, and admittedly this is paraphrased -- having the light click on in the offense with Tannehill. Even last week, after the Houston game, Tannehill and Wallace have hit on some long ones in practice. Dat is berry, berry goooo-ooood!!!

He mentions the fact that no one is criticizing Jonathan Martin right now, and that means something.

And he also talks about the return of Jerry (and Louis) to the line.

Overall, it's not a bad article, and I'm gonna give credit where credit is due. Obviously, the Dolphins have holes and weaknesses, and in the immortal words of Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight (before he landed in a gasoline fire and burned half his body), "It's always darkest before the dawn." But the light's coming! Armando said so!!! (well, he kinda sorta said...)

Boik14, Larry Little, Fin D and 5 others like this.
  2. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Dang. Was hoping this was a report he was hit by a train while handcuffed to Omar. Bummer. :shifty:

Fin D and GMJohnson like this.
  3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Hey, Armando is a very good backup when we don't have anything bad to say about Omar, which likely would only happen if Omar goes on vacation, but we need a backup. :shifty:

And this thread brings the inevitable question; did the Sun rise in the West today? Worried now about Armando, maybe he's not feeling well. He actually wrote some stuff I enjoyed reading, yeah, he's not feeling well.

Finrunner likes this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dion Sims is a blocking Te!!!!!

Heh, "no one" thought he could catch well, that is BS, Ginn fought the ball, Sims just catches the darn thing.

Bpk likes this.
  5. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    ahem, Brandon London says hello. :shifty:

In all seriousness though, Armando isn't as bad as some make him out to be. He's significantly better than Omar that's for sure. For the most part he tells it how he sees it and doesn't have Omar's disturbing hidden agenda. I think the biggest problem with Armando is that Miami just hasn't been very good lately, however to his benefit he doesn't seem shy about providing a positive or offering a silver lining if he sees one.

Finrunner likes this.
  6. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    You forgetting the "high-five" incident with Armando? As far I am concerned he roots against the team and is every bit as bad as Omar...

7. Daben

Daben Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Sorry if it is slightly away from the main topic of this thread, but I think some credit may be due for Dan Campbell our TE coach. With two very questionable blockers and a raw rookie we've seen signs of improvement, particularly in their blocking, throughout preseason. For a relatively young coach with a solid NFL background Campbell may well be a guy who has a bright future.

Finrunner and cuchulainn like this.
  8. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Hi-Five happened 10 years ago (already?). I'm over it.

Personally Armando is one of the guys I like to read the most. He still gets info and he's not afraid to be critical. Generally I think he's on point.

This wasn't a critical article and I think it was on point.

Kucha, ToddPhin and Finrunner like this.
  9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Flash in the pan.

ToddPhin likes this.
  10. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

"The tight end position is suddenly a major worry because Dustin Keller, the most productive offseason acquisition in training camp, is out for the season with a terrible knee injury.

Arguable he was the most productive, but it's fair...I'd say Grimes myself, still, aside from that (which could really be any of a few people), I liked that article. Good one.

11. Finrunner

Finrunner Season Ticket Holder

Dec 11, 2007
    Yeah, I think that's where I am with Armando. Over the high-five incident with Cole. Personally, I understand if folks aren't. But I've faced the fact that I'm going to read him anyway, and I'll take each article on a case-by-case basis. I'll also read the content of his blog, but I stay away from the comments as much as I can. Both he and Omar Kelly -- and I understand they get inundated with comments, Twitter responses, etc., and a lot of times I'm sure it's hard to tell that those responses are written by actual members of the human race -- but they both have always seemed a bit thin-skinned.

This particular article seemed -- dare I say it -- "fair and balanced."

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    For me, there's nothing to be over in regards to the High 5. It was never about anger, it was about understanding motivation and bias.

Mando, to me is worse than Omar. The reason is, Mando knows what he is doing. He knows exactly how to push the buttons and massage the rumors into pseudo facts. He learned it from Cole. Omar, on the other hand, is straight up delusional. He thinks he's awesome. Nothing he does is to manipulate. Its why he gets so angry with people. He simply cannot understand why people would argue with him. He can't help it and Mando can.

13. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    A beat writer thread. Not sure I really give a damn. He barks up his own tree. None of it ****ing matters.