1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article Dolphins/Estefan/Hyde

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TiP54, Jun 26, 2009.

1. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ns-estefan-hyde-s06260sbjun26,0,122048.column

Very interesting article thats brakes down a little bit what has Ross done so far, and where he is going with this.

I agree with this 100% I really dont give a rats arse what he does, who he brings in and such as long as it A) Stays away from Sparano and Co B) Does not negatively effect on fans experience of the game.

I think that Ross is playing this card very smart, bringing in somebody as popular and influential as the Estefans. That will help put butts in the seats, we all know that there are a Cuban or two...or 393258439 in Miami. Involving Cuban-Americans to promote the team and the activities within the Hispanic Community is simple and brilliant.

What I just said, basically, and while Estefans will be playing a role in gathering interest in the team from the Hispanic community, a "white southerner" may help out with older folks.

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    as long as they leave the FrontOffice alone

3. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I would prefer both Buffet and the Estephans to remain silent partners, with emphasis on the silent part. I would have rather they dug up Celia Cruz

Ophinerated likes this.
  4. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't get the sense in not having the celebrities buy in more substantially. Obviously, we don't have the numbers or the contracts, but it sounds like Ross is really over-estimating the value of their celebrity.

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I think its all about putting butts in the seats, which if he leaves Parcells & Co. alone, will be great for watching us win games.

Remember, our last playoff game before this year (2001) was a blackout, that's pitiful and embarrassing for any franchise to not even be able to sell out a PLAYOFF GAME!

Ross is smart, these are good moves, leaving Parcells/Ireland/Sparano alone is the smartest move of them all.

6. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Or Rocio Durcal :up:

Ophinerated likes this.