1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: Pressure mounts on Miami Dolphins' secondary

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Pressure mounts on Miami Dolphins' secondary; Sapp blasts UF's Meyer - 09/10/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

2. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    I would rather see Allen and Lehan starting than Crocker and Goodman. whoops put in Hill instead of Lehan lol

like2god likes this.
  3. TheAnswer385

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I just want Lehan to be ready(healthy) to take Goodman's spot next week.

4. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Same as it has always been since Surtain and Madison, a suspect secondary. This team was way too much to fix in one offseason. Our Oline and Dline saw a lot of attention this offseason. Mark my words, the Secondary will be fixed this coming offseason.

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    we definately need Lehan back, While he's not the best corner in the game, he sure is an upgrade over goodman. If he plays like he did last year anyways. Im still a bit confused at Crocker starting over J.Allen. Crocker looked absolutely pathetic last weekend.

6. TheAnswer385

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    I think that will be addressed in the first round of the next draft. Because I see us getting a WR via Trade with Cardinals :shifty: .

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Lehad is an excellent number 2 corner,hope hes healthy this week, ive been saying for a long time that hes better then goodman, the man also is one of the best blitzers on the team...solid player that needs to get healthy real fast..if he does'nt play in this game...we lose,if he plays we have a decent chance...

8. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Did anyone see enough of the other backs to give assessments?

Who got burnt on the long TD to Cotchery? I made note of the numbers on the backs of the jerseys but now I forgot them :D

9. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Need Lehan back this week with Goodman back there he is toast and going up against the Cardinals this team needs their best secondary players out there.

Jason Allen needs to start or get significant playing time he is a playmaker and this team doesn't have a lot of those.

10. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Goodman was burnt by Cotchery

11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think the bold goes on the coaches. I rather have Renaldo Hill playing the nickel than Crocker. I'd like to see Allen in there as well but he may be better off sticking to Safety. They're definitely in for some tough assignments this weekend with Boldin and Fitzgerald. I really don't know how they plan on stopping them. Maybe one but I don't have confidence in our second corner against Boldin or Fitzgerald. We need to apply pressure on Warner and create turnovers.

As for next years draft, I fully expect us to draft a Cornerback. It could be round one, depending on the pick. We could see Malcolm Jenkins here. Although, I wouldn't be suprised to see the team go in a direction of a Linebacker. If we do go with a Linebacker and look to a CB with the next pick, one name to keep an eye on is Dominique Johnson out of Jackson State. He's one of the taller CB's at 6'2 and weighs in at 190. He runs a 4.3 forty, is very athletic and can create turnovers for the defense. He is currently looked at as a mid-round pick but could go up draft boards come next years combine. If he's in the second round, I think you have to consider him.

texanphinatic likes this.
  12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    We will have to put pressure on Warner. Give him time and hes as good a QB as you will ever find. Put the heat on and he has a tendancy to fall apart. Need Kendall and Phil and Matt to repeat their performances and have guys like Porter getting after it too.

Always a dangerous game blitzing, but I dont see an alternative, our secondary just isnt good enough to let a QB sit back and take his time. Also we really need to get our offense and running game going for some ball control time.

I see either WR or CB being drafted first overall depending on what we do in FA and what players are available. Hard to see us passing on Crabtree if available, but if he is gone Vontae Davis and Mal Jenkins will be key players to look at.

13. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Dominique reminds me of another Dominique, Rodgers Cromartie that is. Tall lanky CB who has a knack for creating turnovers but comes out of a lesser known school. I think he'll shoot up the same way DRC did. I had hoped DRC would've been available in the 2nd-3rd round in the last draft when I was looking for prospects around 8th week. Turns out everyone else started to get high on the guy and he went in mid-first. Not the first time it's happened.

14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, I really like Dominique Johnson. His size, speed and playmaking ability impresses me. He transferred from Missouri to Jackson State. He certainly has the talent if he got a scholarship from Missouri lol. He had five picks for Jackson State last year.

15. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Good lord , you'd think we gave up 450 yards and 4 td's to the jets.ewwwwwwww