1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by HardKoreXXX, Nov 8, 2010.

1. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Didn't see a thread devoted to this, but it comes out next week. I hated the first one for it's repetitiveness, but after picking up the second one last week for $14 a Gamestop, I have to say I'm excited about the third.

I thought the second really improved in some areas from the first one. Traveling everywhere by horse back was brutal in the original. It was Red Dead Redemption without all the killing of animals. And getting noticed by EVERY guard was annoying as hell, not to mention the combat was abysmal. Just horrid. AC2 is what the first one should have been.

But anyway, enough about the craptastic first game. The multiplayer in Brotherhood and recruiting of other Assassins seems like a great idea. Anyone else gonna pick this up next week?

2. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'm getting it for sure.

3. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I wonder if our good friend Michael will be able to give us a preview.

4. Phinz420

Phinz420 New Member

May 15, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I agree that the second game was leagues ahead of the first when it comes to the gameplay and overall mission structure. However, both games are incredibly easy, with no scaling option to even make it tougher. You have to admit it gets a bit boring simply holding the block button waiting until one of the enemies makes an attacking move in order to get an instant counter-attack kill. Sure they can stun you if you hold it down for too long, but it still becomes the same repetitive motions once you notice their repetitious animations.

They need to rework the combat engine and AI more before I buy into any of their hype again. Also, while I did thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere in the sequel, they really had something going with the historical significance of Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus....Not to discount the various Italian locales, I loved them also...they just didnt quite portray that feeling of never-ending warfare that was prevalent in the middle east.

The multiplayer seems to be their "big draw" for this, but never having done a MP Assassins Creed before I am skeptical that it will end up being anything more than simply "tacked on".

Mainge likes this.
  5. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I love this series. Frist had some kinks, but was very cool. The 2nd was amazing. damn it, why couldn;t the timing be better with Target's 3 for 2 deal. damn it! i wont be getting this for a bit. castlevania is taking a long time.

Ducken likes this.
  6. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Agree completely. The combat system is ****ed. And you're right, it says something about the difficulty of the game when the optional glyph puzzles are more challenging than the missions themselves.

Also, the DLC is a waste of money. They didn't even bother to add trophies.

I have seen gameplay of the MP though, it looks legit.

Phinz420 likes this.
  7. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I'd be more worried about the DLC being any good than there being trophies.

Not sure why anyone would complain about those missions being removed from the game when they would have made a worse game.

8. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    I played in the beta and it was a ridiculous amount of fun. I'd make the purchase for the multiplayer alone.

Ducken and Phinz420 like this.
  9. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Technically, Brotherhood isn't 3 :P
    There will be a game called AC3. Just saying.

10. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Well, the DLC did suck. I added the part about trophies just to show how bad it sucked.

Kinda reminded me of watching a deleted scene. You understand why it wasn't in the movie.

Stitches likes this.
  11. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Yeah, supposedly AC3 is gonna be Desmond's own missions instead of using the animus. Not sure how they're gonna pull that off if true, as going back in time was kinda the appeal of the game.

I think a modern version would basically be Hitman without guns and less sophisticated ways of killing people? They might wanna stay away from that because there's no way they top that franchise.

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    From what I heard it is not AC3 because that would require a new ancestor of Desmond's that is an Assassin.

IMO it would be cool if AC3 took place during the American Revolution or the Civil War.

13. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I never played the first game, just started with the second, and it was fine, but very repetitive.
    The series lost me though when at the end of the game the god/spirit thing (whatever it was) basically said:
    "Thanks for playing! Want to know the end? Be sure to buy the next game!"

it really pissed me off. I dont think I'll be buying the third one until I hear the repetition is gone or until it becomes very cheap

14. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    That would be cool. Like a Gangs of New York style theme even.

15. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The second wasn't near as repetitive as the first.

A lot of games end on cliff hangers though. That's not anything new.

16. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Every game is repetitious.

17. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Definitely getting this, I've loved both games so far.

Just need to finish New Vegas first.

18. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Not sure if I'm gonna be able to pick this up today. If anyone does, please let us know what you think.

19. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I am going to pick it up today, I dont know if I will get a chance to play it right away.

20. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    This Michael guy sure didn't come through

21. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    He's been a total flake lately.

I almost don't miss him...almost.

22. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    So I picked this up on Friday and played about 10 hours over the weekend.

Holy **** this is a huge game. Judging from what I've done so far, you could easily play 25 hours without touching the main quests.

It's essentially a bigger version of AC2. They've also improved a lot of annoying stuff from the last game. It's definitely more map friendly.

Ducken likes this.
  23. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Yeah it seems like there is alot to do, even more so than AC2.

I like how they improved the combat, and being able to dual wield weapons is awesome.

Ducken likes this.
  24. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The combat is much better in that you don't have to wait to block and counter every time. You do it once, and then you combo one-kill everyone else. It doesn't always work, but it makes fighting a bunch of guards easier.

25. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Yep and the multiplayer is pretty fun also.

26. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Alright, I beat this last night.

I'll start off by saying if you haven't played the other games, or at least the second game, you're gonna be ****ing lost in this storyline. You'll still enjoy the gameplay, but you will miss A LOT of the references. I've finished the second game a week before playing the third and was still fuzzy on some of it.

As mentioned, the gameplay is improved. You link attacks together now, instantly killing targets consecutively by pressing a button. Much nicer. I also liked that you can do some stuff outside of the animus. There's maybe only an hour total worth of gameply there, and it's mostly at the very beginning and very end, but still a nice change of pace. The training portion was also cool. Think Challenge Rooms from God of War 3, but slightly different. You also get to use different weapons as the cannon, mini-gun boat, tank and glider 2.0 with mortar all have missions involved.

Overall, if you played the first two this is a must.

As for the ending...

They went all JJ Abrams on the ending. I have no ****ing clue what just happened. After Desmond retrieves the apple in present day, they force him to kill Lucy? Then during the credits you have no clue who's talking, but they seem to be freaking out and saying he should be put back in the animus.

The possibilites are endless. My first thought was that of Inception, where Desmond could still be in the animus. He's in the animus in the animus, so to speak. Like a dream within a dream. My second theory is that Lucy, Rebecca and the British dude were Templars all along and this was some ploy by them to discover the apple. This is probably a more likely scenario as there seems to be some little hints that things aren't what they seem with this crew. Guess we're gonna have to wait a couple years until the next game comes out though. I ****ing hate cliff-hangers.

27. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I just completed the first "War Machine" mission that was alot of fun, the first part was difficult as hell since you cant be seen and I chose to go for the full synch requirement(which was that you cant kill anyone until you burn the blueprints.)

28. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Just started playing this game over the weekend as Santa got it for me for Christmas... really really like it so far, like the improvements over AC2... didn't read the above spoilers. BTW, thanks for using the spoiler tags guys.

29. Springveldt

Springveldt Season Ticket Holder

Finished this off a couple of nights ago. Since I loved the first two games I knew I would like this. As others have said the little tweaks here and there really help.

Even although I've finished off the main storyline and got about 90% of the single player achievements, I'm still going back to finish off collecting the flags and doing the assassination and courtesan quests. I've still to finish off some of the Guild challenges as well. I just hope my OCD doesn't kick in and I end up trying to 100% sync everything. :)

Overall, it's a brilliant game with loads to do. This can easily eat up over 30 hours.

30. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    so I just completed The Truth Puzzles and what a resulted was a bit of a mind-****, I thought 16 was killed himself? Unless that was some pre-recorded message becauyse he just adresses Desmond as 17.

I am also guessing everyone at Ubisoft really likes Lost.

31. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I just completed this..man what a franchise.

There is nothing you can do in the end right, you HAVE to stab Lucy? No Alt endings? And those butterfly wings looking things were an interesting twist at the end by the thingamajig. What do you guys think is going on, Templar moles in the crew, Lucy a Templar?

32. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No alternate ending. What you see is what you get. Juno (or the Apple, one of the two) forces Desmond to stab Lucy. Ubisoft isn't saying anything about Lucy, and doesn't say if we find out anything about her condition in Revelations, so she's probably not dead. Desmond is put back into the Animus, the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC begins, and then William M. and the other nameless guy go off to Turin, NY and leave Desmond in the Animus. Then Revelations begins.

I don't think there are Templar moles or that Lucy is a Templar. Something else was going on in that scene we don't know about yet, IMO. Also, the scene is a huge hint that AC3 will shift to the Revolutionary France era.

Subject 16 was in captivity and inside the Animus for so long that he became pretty good at hacking it, thus all the puzzles in the first place. The talking outline was 16 himself, or at least what's left of him. In "real life," 16 died from blood loss after writing all those messages in the Abstergo holding cell. But he hacked his personality into the Animus, so he's basically watching everything Desmond is doing from the beginning. He's also experienced more memories for a longer period of time than Desmond, so he knows more about his genetic history than Desmond.

And he appears in Revelations.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  33. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Is the Davinci and other DLC worth it? I know the A2 dlc was garbage.

34. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    If you didn't like AC2's DLC, I don't see why you'd like ACB's. Though I haven't played ACB's, to be honest.

I thought AC2's DLC was pretty decent. The second was better than the first, especially when you consider the historical tie-ins.

35. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    you didn't play out the Davinci kidnapping?

36. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No. Since the PC version of ACB didn't include the DLC, I just went ahead and read spoilers about what happens. Don't feel the need to play it.