Assassin's Creed series
675 replies
I think Ubisoft is keeping their word when they said there would be more of a moral grey area between the Assassin/Templar conflict.
Haytham never came across as "evil", he did kill two people that in all likelihood deserved it(a slave trader and a sociopath)
Also Connor's mom kicking George Washington's ass was cool.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:
I think Ubisoft is keeping their word when they said there would be more of a moral grey area between the Assassin/Templar conflict.
They are, but…
That grey area doesn't extend to the modern day sequences.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Solid game, I wouldn't say the best of the series at all. I liked it good game but I felt I wasn't doing much more, the game play felt rushed (just playing it not development wise). I would of been happier to take out some of the video work and give us some more story to what is going on. I felt like I was being pushed through the game something I didn't really feel before playing creed. Overall definitely worth my money but I was disappointed. The ending is eh.. alright I guess.
"Bruzer wrote:
Solid game, I wouldn't say the best of the series at all. I liked it good game but I felt I wasn't doing much more, the game play felt rushed (just playing it not development wise). I would of been happier to take out some of the video work and give us some more story to what is going on. I felt like I was being pushed through the game something I didn't really feel before playing creed. Overall definitely worth my money but I was disappointed. The ending is eh.. alright I guess.
I definitely agree that it felt like we were being pushed through the story, but I also made the decision to play the story missions only.
I think it has to do with the fact that you can't get out of some missions because you're stuck in an area until they're completed.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Assassin's Creed III - Debut Traile
I have issues with the bugs n gameplay. One cut scene, Connor is totally invisible. Free running and fighting is unreliable and clumsy. Weird, they need a patch badly.
"Sethdaddy8 wrote:
I have issues with the bugs n gameplay. One cut scene, Connor is totally invisible. Free running and fighting is unreliable and clumsy. Weird, they need a patch badly.
Fighting works differently than in Brotherhood and Revelations, but it's definitely not clumsy or unreliable. It's actually easier to chain than it was in Brotherhood, IMO.
The bugs do need to be fixed though.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:
So I saw the big plot twist in seqeunce 3.
I cant say I saw that coming.
"Desides wrote:
It's rare when a video game genuinely surprises like that these days.
So I saw that coming, and here's why:
Every other Assassin throughout the entire series has worn the Assassin Hood. Every one. If Haytham was an established Assassin, he would've worn one. I first thought this in the very first scene in the theater, that he was maybe a Templar because of this and what he said to the man he killed. When Altair or Ezio killed someone, they usually said something prophetic afterwards, like killing was just something they had to do, not something they took joy in.
Later, Haytham says something to the Indian girl about killing. Again, he intimates that it's something he is happy to do. Then of course there's the mission where Haytham steals the map, and lo and behold there is George Washington, and of course Washington is in the next Sequence as well when he shoots Haytham off his horse. By this point, I was pretty certain that Haytham and his gang were Templars.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
"HardKoreXXX wrote:
So I saw that coming, and here's why:
Every other Assassin throughout the entire series has worn the Assassin Hood. Every one. If Haytham was an established Assassin, he would've worn one.
Not true. While the primary player characters in AC games do wear beaked hoods, they're the only ones who do. Al-Mualim, Mario Auditore, Niccolo Machiavelli, Yusuf Tazim, etc did not wear beaked hoods. The elderly presumed-assassin that Haytham kills in the beginning (Edward Kenway, perhaps?) also was not wearing a beaked hood. The implication is that changing social mores and fashion is leaving the beaked hood less and less acceptable as a means of clothing--and we see that with Desmond, who almost never puts his hoodie up, though that's more for symbolic "I'm not really an assassin yet" reasons, but still. Also, Haytham is wearing a pointed cap which symbolically substitutes for the beaked hood, just like Connor's tricorner hat when at sea.
So you definitely did see it coming, but the lack of a hood is a red herring.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Not true. While the primary player characters in AC games do wear beaked hoods, they're the only ones who do. Al-Mualim, Mario Auditore, Niccolo Machiavelli, Yusuf Tazim, etc did not wear beaked hoods. The elderly presumed-assassin that Haytham kills in the beginning (Edward Kenway, perhaps?) also was not wearing a beaked hood. The implication is that changing social mores and fashion is leaving the beaked hood less and less acceptable as a means of clothing--and we see that with Desmond, who almost never puts his hoodie up, though that's more for symbolic "I'm not really an assassin yet" reasons, but still. Also, Haytham is wearing a pointed cap which symbolically substitutes for the beaked hood, just like Connor's tricorner hat when at sea.
So you definitely did see it coming, but the lack of a hood is a red herring.
Actually, I believe Machiavelli and some of those others did. When Ezio becomes a true Assassin and has his ceremony at the end of AC2, a lot of those characters are there donning their Hoods. I get what you're saying about the social fashion thing though. It makes sense. I'm pretty stoked to play it some more this weekend.
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
The AC3 development team was on Reddit for a while answering questions. There's apparently another round of bug fixes coming to the consoles soon, and they're trying to improve things like the weapon wheel in future patches.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
I'm a sucker. I bought the PC version. And you know what? It's already miles better than the console version, and I only just started the Atlantic crossing.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Not true. While the primary player characters in AC games do wear beaked hoods, they're the only ones who do. Al-Mualim, Mario Auditore, Niccolo Machiavelli, Yusuf Tazim, etc did not wear beaked hoods. The elderly presumed-assassin that Haytham kills in the beginning (Edward Kenway, perhaps?) also was not wearing a beaked hood. The implication is that changing social mores and fashion is leaving the beaked hood less and less acceptable as a means of clothing--and we see that with Desmond, who almost never puts his hoodie up, though that's more for symbolic "I'm not really an assassin yet" reasons, but still. Also, Haytham is wearing a pointed cap which symbolically substitutes for the beaked hood, just like Connor's tricorner hat when at sea.
So you definitely did see it coming, but the lack of a hood is a red herring.
Haytham does have an Eagle motif on his cape, which would make up for his lack of a hood.
Aveline doesnt have a hood either actually.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:
Haytham does have an Eagle motif on his cape, which would make up for his lack of a hood.
Aveline doesnt have a hood either actually.
Pointy hats.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
I had to put AC3 aside for now to play some Hitman. :) Been waiting years for this, and after tweaking with the difficulty options it really does feel true to the series...Between AC3 and Hitman...there's a lot of marks to take down. :2guns:
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
So I'm playing through the PC version. They fixed a lot of technical problems—or at least my PC is powerful enough to disguise them. I'm having much more fun with this run than I did with the PS3 version.
Also, am I the only one who feels like an evil bastard when killing beavers?
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Just beat the game.
About the ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6REP8cLZA

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:
Just beat the game.
About the ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6REP8cLZA
:lol: I wouldn't go THAT far.
Though I'll admit I'm pretty pissed that The Tyranny of George Washington is a. a three-part DLC b. that occurs in an alternate universe where Connor didn't become an Assassin c. when they could have used the DLC to wrap up Desmond and Connor. I'll play it, but I doubt I'm going to like it.
Speaking of new things, Ubisoft confirmed that Assassin's Creed 4 has a new development team, new protagonist, new time period, and will come out in 2014. This sounds like a franchise reboot to me in the way that Halo 4 was a franchise reboot; a new developer will use the slate-wipe ending of the previous game to do their own thing. New time period and new protagonist rule out the possibility of an older Connor in the French Revolution, which is a big disappointment to me. But it seems like they won't go with ancient Egypt, feudal Japan, or World War 2. So what are the really big, important flashpoints in history that are familiar to most people? I doubt they'd go with the Civil War. Victorian London—with the new character being the assassin eventually referred to as Jack the Ripper? Admit it, you'd play that. Or maybe it's all present day.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
WW1? Russian Revolution would be pretty good...but I feel like most people don't know much about it lol

"TiP54 wrote:
WW1? Russian Revolution would be pretty good...but I feel like most people don't know much about it lol
They already did the Russian Revolution. Read Assassin's Creed: The Fall and The Chain.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
:lol: I wouldn't go THAT far.
Though I'll admit I'm pretty pissed that The Tyranny of George Washington is a. a three-part DLC b. that occurs in an alternate universe where Connor didn't become an Assassin c. when they could have used the DLC to wrap up Desmond and Connor. I'll play it, but I doubt I'm going to like it.
Speaking of new things, Ubisoft confirmed that Assassin's Creed 4 has a new development team, new protagonist, new time period, and will come out in 2014. This sounds like a franchise reboot to me in the way that Halo 4 was a franchise reboot; a new developer will use the slate-wipe ending of the previous game to do their own thing. New time period and new protagonist rule out the possibility of an older Connor in the French Revolution, which is a big disappointment to me. But it seems like they won't go with ancient Egypt, feudal Japan, or World War 2. So what are the really big, important flashpoints in history that are familiar to most people? I doubt they'd go with the Civil War. Victorian London—with the new character being the assassin eventually referred to as Jack the Ripper? Admit it, you'd play that. Or maybe it's all present day.
Clearly those whores were Templars.
And yeah I would have prefered canonical DLC to the "what if" DLC.
Something like The DaVinci Dissapearence that can hint at whats in store for the next game.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:
Clearly those whores were Templars.
Well, if we can have a fist fight with the pope, we can elevate whores to Templar status. :lol:
And yeah I would have prefered canonical DLC to the "what if" DLC.
Something like The DaVinci Dissapearence that can hint at whats in store for the next game.
I remember reading that there are 5 DLC packs planned for AC3 and that the Washington stuff is three out of five. I don't know if the already released DLC counts as the other two, or even if this planned 5 pack is true. Maybe there's hope, as AC4's plot comes together, that a DLC pack for AC3 is assembled that can bridge the gap. I'm pretty sure that they're going to use the pivot stuff—where hackers uploaded Animus data to the cloud—as a bridge. But we'll see.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
Well, if we can have a fist fight with the pope, we can elevate whores to Templar status. :lol:
I remember reading that there are 5 DLC packs planned for AC3 and that the Washington stuff is three out of five. I don't know if the already released DLC counts as the other two, or even if this planned 5 pack is true. Maybe there's hope, as AC4's plot comes together, that a DLC pack for AC3 is assembled that can bridge the gap. I'm pretty sure that they're going to use the pivot stuff—where hackers uploaded Animus data to the cloud—as a bridge. But we'll see.
Whats intresting about that is that they uploaded memories of Desmond's ancestors to the cloud. So cant we still have another game staring Connor?

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
"Frumundah Finnatic wrote:
Whats intresting about that is that they uploaded memories of Desmond's ancestors to the cloud. So cant we still have another game staring Connor?
We could but apparently won't. The developers' preference is for a new character in each game.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
Well at least Ubisoft isnt keeping anyone in the dark for long.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.
