1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward Times in Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Jan 7, 2011.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Okay so in the last 24 hours...this is what happen...I know the below is old news, but a couple of key point here...

Day opened up okay, most of us thought Miami would have a new coach by day's end....then the rumors started...then the freaking tweets came, everybody is a insider like that goon finatic....however this is how it really played out....

1) Ross apparently flew across country to fetch Harbaugh like a sad dog, and it blew up.

2) Carl Peterson apparently much to the OPPOSITE of what everybody was saying for a couple of years, is firmly entrenched in this organization now.

3) I know it is early on this so dont kill me, but until I see official firings/hirings in the OC/QB/ST coaching positions, all of those clowns are coming back, I dont care about the Herald article. That was when Henning thought they were getting Jimmy.

4) I did a 180 on Ireland from yesterday, the guy is a punk, he sells out Sporano to save his *** and his job, hops on a plane with the new Trifecta to court somebody that hasnt won a game in the NFL when he was originally part of old TRIFECTA, and Parcells/Sporano's boy...it backfires, and now has to make nice with TS??

5) Speaking of TS, I would.....
    a) Punch Ireland in the face...
    b) resign and leave, or as SICK says demand a raise
    -dude think about it, how the hell are they all going to co-exsist, with all the lies, the backstabbing...the players are unhappy, the coaches are unhappy....

6) They are the laughing stock of the NFL right now, they are turning into the Lions, national media reports this stuff and then at the end are always throwing some comment like, awkward, never seen this before, etc etc...think about it how many times have they got played by some free agent, or now coach for more dollars then in turn jets to another team within the past 5 years??

In the end guys, I will ALWAYS love this team, and never leave them, and will follow them always, however I am so disengaged right now...

Last year was year three, and we all had third year expectations that were high, even though I did predict 7-9, 8-8 and got killed on here for it. However this year is totally different for me, I expect nothing, they have so many holes to be filled and not enough putty, sprinkled with a helping of dissention amonst the top rung in the franchise....in the end it is and makes me sad....

2. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Again with the speculating. How do we know Ireland threw Tony under the bus? If Ross wanted a new head coach how is Ireland betraying Tony? Ireland can't overrule the owner. He has to go along with it. For all we know, Ireland wanted to keep Sparano.

Stitches and Fin D like this.
  3. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    There are reports out there saying exactly that...no one knows so lets just ride the wave.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Your post is lean on facts.

We know very little of what transpired actually. Why you guys want to take the word of reporters who changed their story every 5 minutes is beyond me.

5. HeelsnPhins

HeelsnPhins Member

May 21, 2010
    Sterling, VA
    Yeeesh.

Most of the awkwardness I am seeing in Miami is coming from this site (fueled by media).

Many here are projecting A LOT of thought/intention into every nugget of news they catch wind of. It's like a crowd of old ladies peering in the window of a house and trying to guess what's going on inside, and speculating about outrageous scenarios based on every move they see (actually, THEY can't even see in the window... there are a few specific old ladies that may or may not be able to catch a glimpse or two, and they are shouting what they think they saw out to the crowd).

Save yourself a lot of headache. Wait a few days, and let the actual facts work their way out. You are not going to influence Ross's decision process, and will avoid some needless heartburn in the meantime.

Pandarilla likes this.
  6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    It isnt, it has been covered a couple of times that he went out there 2X after Ross obviously told him to find a replacement, once in the beginning by himself before the OB, and then with the Boss and Mini-Boss for the sole purpose to hiring Harbaugh. Then when Ross got insulted by Harbaugh immediately not taking his mega-offer yesterday, and wanted to talk too Stanford (and did) again, as well as Denver (which is now being reported they dont want to interview him anymore strange), did they all retract everything....

The actions of Ireland speak of throwing Sporano under the bus to save his own job at the direction of Ross, clearly to me. Now would you or I do it? Who knows, Is it wrong? Yes and No, but these guys came up together under BP's wing, and now he is rolling solo, after BP cut bait.....

Ask me this bro, you think Ireland and TS have a good relationship right now? Simple yes or no answer......

7. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

This thread is bad and you should be ashamed. If I knew this thread was going to be posted before it was, I would have found you and tied your hands to your bedposts.

8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    whatever KingMo.....hopefully they prove me wrong, and I will willingly eat crow....never been ashamed to admit I am wrong bro.....

9. Scrap

Scrap Active Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Chester, Va
    I think Ross should comb the streets for a homeless man with God-given football talent. Seriously though, the media is jerking us around.

Pandarilla likes this.
  10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You don't know most of that actually.

In fact i'll bold the things that aren't facts and are merely assumptions based on your part. Assumptions, I might add, based on info that changed every 5 minutes yesterday.

11. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Just pulling your leg. I agree with most of the points you raise.

finyank13 likes this.
  12. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    So Ireland went on this trip to woo Harbaugh, not wanting Harbaugh.....hmmm, so he purposely bungled this Harbaugh negotiations so he could keep Sparano ? That's ludicrous.

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    um okay....??? Oh on top of it, Ross likes to lie....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ins-coach-20110106,0,5693546.column?track=rss

Pandarilla likes this.
  14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    What do you mean, "um..ok?" Do you not really understand how everything I bolded is not a fact. If none of those are facts you're outraged over nothing.

As far as Peterson goes, we don't know he actually went, but if he did that proves nothing either. Let's say for argument's sake, you were a member of another site named SpamHell.com. Let's say that site, wanted you to come over to a different site (let's call it something random like, TheSpins.com) and help recruit a poster that would fit in at SpamHell. Does that mean you're an official employee of of SpamHell now? No of course not.

15. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Tone should:

-Extort Ross for a raise

-Call some of his goombattas from up in RI/CT/DE and pay a little visit to Ireland with some shovels in the trunk and some quick lime and duct tape.

-Have some annisette in his expresso and a nice canolli.
    :lol:

finyank13 likes this.
  16. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I am not outraged Fin-D, just sad as I explained in the OP, and oh yeah embarrassed.......what I bolded you are wrong....for instance one example, the 2nd thing you bolded about "sole purpose to hire Harbaugh" as it pertained to all 3 flying out to Cali....it wasnt fact? What was it then?? It is reported many times nationaly and by the Dolphins own beat writers no?? Yes under any circumstance you can say as you often do, "You dont know that for sure"......it is a blanket vague statment that can be made on anything on any subject...however unlike politics, it doesnt fit here...things happened, they have been documented by multiple credible not sources, but reporters.....it happened....it is fact, kinda hard to mistake a plane with 3 heads of a franchise rolling around unless you are at Area 51..

you have to leave the gun.....

padre31 likes this.
  17. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Look, I'm not being existential or philosophical or anything. We don't know any of this for sure because the news coming to us was scattered. There were reports this was taking place in CA, some in FL. He took the job, he didn't, etc, etc, etc.

We don't know that they went there with the specific reason to hire him. They could have been there to merely interview him. We don't really know if he was even offered anything based on the wildly varying reports. That's why what you said is assumption and not fact.

finyank13 likes this.
  18. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    Yeah; I can live with this. Well said.

19. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Here here.......

I, like you, D are from the skeptical side of the street.....absolutely NONE of any of this makes sense....either they are going to come out looking like Gods or they are going to look like total baffoons...way too many questions....and what if's...

20. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
  21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Even if we end up with Sparano, we'll only look like buffoons because the media forgot how to do their jobs. They are the ones that are actually the screw ups right now, not Ross.

Now maybe we'll find out later, that Ross had Harbaugh by the hook, then did something to screw it up. How knows? None of us do, and that's the point.

I'm not here telling people to crap rainbows and dance together, I'm just saying before we all lose our collective ****, let's wait for some actual facts first, of which, we have very very few.