1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B Jax's Dolphins chatter

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Aug 9, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/07/1766361_p2/abcs-van-gundy-heat-will-break.html

Well with Ike, I compare him to Matty Roth, and imho Ike should be able to move as well in the open field as at least Matty R did for us, both are surprisingly athletic but imho Francis has better movement through his lower body than Roth does.

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the talent emerges as we move toward the our preseason...

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Looks like the team likes what they've got and Grant/Dotson are competing for a job. I could see both making it.

:lol:

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Team's looking at 7 or maybe 8 defensive linemen. I think Barry's got the top 6 right on, and as far as I'm concerned the 7th spot would go to Ryan Baker. I could abide an 8th spot to Charles Grant if he showed in preseason that he can pass rush against Guards.

Lionel Dotson, how many times do we have to keep hearing about what a great pass rusher he is in practice only to see it not pan out in games before we just file him in the same section as Brandon London and just move on?

I think that a mix of Starks, Langford, Odrick, Soliai, Douglas, McDaniel and Baker would really bring a lot of good things to the table. This misconception I generally see out there is that 3-4 teams generally go 3-deep when it comes to their nose tackles. They really don't, or at least most of them don't. The one-dimensional nose guard is only a half position to begin with. Having Randy Starks and Paul Soliai there does suffice, and Ryan Baker has shown he can play there but also be a guy that fights for a DE spot and rushes the passer in nickel be it from NT or DE. From there maybe you want to have a "break in case of emergency" run stuffer on the practice squad, and I think Travis Ivey probably fits that description. I'm not sure on Montavious Stanley's availability.

If you have an extra roster spot maybe you toss that 8th spot to Charles Grant if he does some proving out in the preseason the way he did in the scrimmage.

ssmiami likes this.
  5. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I've got my attention glued to Charles Grant simply because as a Vet, he knows that the follow up day to a good one is maybe more important than just having a single good day.

Grant has been around long enough to know he has to do well when they try to stop him as well, my theory with him is he was distracted in 09, if it is correct then he should do well, not 3 sacks well, but he should make another positive impression.

Besides, I think the only G who can really handle him will be Donald Thomas simply due to his punch at the LoS, something that Incognito supposedly could do but has gone unmentioned so far in TC accounts.

6. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Thomas over Incognito @ RG
    but won't even venture who
    the starting guards might be