1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back From Game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan94, Aug 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    So my job tonight on thephins was to analyze Patrick Turner so I'll post it here as well. Its tough when youre at the game and there's so much to see and so much falling from the sky. He was good. He caught a few tough ones, ran really good routes, got open, but when he caught it, had no idea what to do with the ball. He caught a really nice catch from White and then the next play, he dropped an easy one probably because of the rain.

But he was really good.

Now, the entire thing. The crowd was REALLY nice. It was a small regular season crowd. The only problem with this crowd was that it was louder on offense than on defense. That cost us, I dont remember in which play, since there was a lot of miscomunication at times. The rain came out of NOWHERE. Thank god, my seats were right next to the exit, so I didnt get wet at all and was still able to see the game through the scoreboard. Everyone else got soaked though. Some fan favorites: Joey Porter, Channing Crowder, and definetely, JT. Loudest cheer by far. They only announced the defensive starters though. Lots of Ronnie and Chad jerseys though. Some Long jerseys too and A LOT of JT and Dan the Man jerseys.

The fight songs: The T-Pain one got a quiet reception. NO ONE stood up, noone really cared. It was a complete failure. The Jimmy Buffet song was a little better though, catchy. It could work. And so far, they didnt make any changes to the gameday experience.

Some guys that impressed me: Sean Smith looked great, not only the interception. There were no big plays against the first team defense as a whole. They played great. Awesome to see JT get a sack, and Cameron Wake get a hurry up too.

Ginn had a pretty good day too, with the reverse, and a few catches here and there. Not too much for Bess.

Wilford with the TD! I was cracking my pants up. Goes to show you that if he catches it, he can do damage.

One of the guys that impressed me the most was Ricky Williams. He absolutely tore it up.

Now, Chris Williams, really pissed me off with the first two punts(a drop, and the 2nd one, he caught it at the 1 yard line instead of letting it go), but then he came back and had some great returns even though most were called way back. Shows some promise there.

In the kicking competition, Carpenter did a little better on kickoffs, even reaching the endzone in one, and made a pretty long field goal. But he missed an extra point. Was that the o-line's fault or his? Barth kicked a close field goal and nailed it, so not too much to see there.

Eric Green got beat when he got in pretty badly. Not good to see. It's definetely Sean's job to lose.

Our QB's. Pennington, it took him awhile to settle down, but once he did, he was really good, spreading the ball around pretty nicely.

Chad Henne was on the money all night. Too bad Ricky dropped that ball for the TD. The guy keeps proving everyone day in and day out that he has what it takes to be a starter in this league.

Pat White looked really good running the ball, and had some nice throws, but he cant run to his right, and he cant throw under pressure. He struggles with that. But for a rookies first game, he looked really good.

So those are my thoughts from the game!

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Good write up, I pretty much agree except for Bess, I think he had a good night.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Maybe I'm wrong but didn't Henne have some ugly throws and a int ?

dolfan7171, TheAnswer385 and gafinfan like this.
  4. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Thanks for the write up:up:

5. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yes, he did have a pick now that I look at the stat sheet. Cant remember it though. It was probably during the pour. But all his other throws were right on the money.

6. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don't think the pick had anything to do with rain. Henne was under pressure on the play, was dropping back, looked like he may have been getting hit as he threw, he ended up throwing it off his back foot, and it got picked off. Henne should have just taken the sack there, it wasn't a smart decision on his part. I can't defend him there. Im sure he knows it, Im sure penny and sparano reminded him about it too. I don't think you'll see him make that mistake again. No doubt in my mind though with more experience in game, the kid is just going to keep getting better. Coulda had two TD's tonight... If only Ricky had caught that TD pass... which was a well thrown, well placed ball by Henne. :up:

7. 6for6

6for6 New Member

May 15, 2009
    "Pat White looked really good running the ball, and had some nice throws, but he cant run to his right, and he cant throw under pressure. He struggles with that. But for a rookies first game, he looked really good."

So the all-time leading QB rusher in the history of the NCAA can't run to his right.
    That's a good one...
    Let him run with the first team and all those passes are completed.
    Every pass was on the money.

dolfan7171 and phinnhedd like this.
  8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Thanks for the breakdown man.

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He threw the pick because he was under pressure, its the only time all night he looked nervous, look at it this way: He stepped up afterwards and threw a TD.

and Ginn played excellent.

HULKFish likes this.
  10. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    well the dude IS left handed. Most right handed QBs cant run to the left either. So its kind of a moot point to begin with.

Although remember, who he was in college means absolutely nothing now. For both Henne AND White.

11. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Agree 100%.

He stood tall in the pocket and took a decent shot from a defender on the Touchdown Pass the Wilford. He has guts and will be a solid QB for us this year or next year. That pass to Ricky in the corner was simply amazing, that throw couldn't have been thrown better by anyone in the league.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  12. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I just cant remember the pick. I didnt say it had anything to do with the rain. I just said maybe that's why I dont remember, because I wasnt watching the game during the downpour.
    I didnt say he cant run to the right. He can run pretty good to the right. He just had trouble switching hands to make the throw as when he runs to the right, the ball is in his right arm. He had trouble getting a grip on the ball. And those passes weren't dropped, they were bad throws.

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    His WRs certanly didnt help any, they doped at least 3 passes.

14. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I hope ginn lights it up this year...

15. 6for6

6for6 New Member

May 15, 2009
    Apparently you watched the game on the radio. When the ball hits both hands or the number on your jersey, it's a catchable ball. You should watch the PW stuff again. He threw one ball away. The rest should have been caught.

16. dolfan94

dolfan94 New Member

Oct 9, 2008
    The first Turner pass was a bad one since he was so close to him. The first time he ran to his right, he made a horrible throw/attempt to throw it away.

And I did miss like half of the 4th quarter as I had to leave then or stay in the stadium until I died(not a bad idea), or walk home