1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back of the ledge....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by caliphinfan, Sep 21, 2015.

1. caliphinfan

caliphinfan Active Member

May 14, 2012
    Like most of you i am pissed about the loss. We didnt deserve to win. We should be blowing out teams like the jags. That loss ruined the whole day for me. But, we were'nt going to go undefeated. Its only one loss. We beat the bills and we we are back on track. Every team is going to look like crap at one point this season. Not time yet to blow it up. I feel bills is a must win now. If we loose to the billls then the season is over.

2. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Wow. Member since 2012, first post was this one?? LOL

That being said, we've played like garbage defensively against what were two very bad teams last season. The oline looks even worse than the previous three seasons (HOW is that even possible???).

Does anyone on this board actually think that our oline will be able to stop the Bills front 4? Everyone in the league knows, and has known since last season, all you have to do is rush 4 guys to get pressure on Tannehill. Does anyone on this board actually think that our defense is going to get pressure on Taylor? I mean, we were going up against a backup LT yesterday, and got no pressure. We went up against an oline that allowed 5, FIVE sacks of Bortles week one, and we got zero. ZERO. I'm sorry, I think we get crushed, at home, by the Bills. I'm rooting for my team every week, but down deep, I'm kind of hoping this is the beginning that finally sees Philbin, and maybe Coyle, sent packing.

DolphinGreg and bbqpitlover like this.
  3. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    We could beat the Bills, it wouldn't surprise me. But I don't know if that means we're "back on track". There may be issues with this team that go deeper than just playing better.

dolphin25 likes this.
  4. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    The season isn't over until we lose our seventh game of the season. That is how I look at it. Obviously if we start off 1-4 against what was supposed to be an easy stretch, then i'll say that the season is potentially lost. However I don't expect that to happen. I think this team hovers around.500 all year long with the opportunity to make the playoffs. December yet again will be the month that makes or breaks us. The season isn't lost with a loss next week lol.

dolphin25 likes this.
  5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

The Jags had given up four or more sacks in eight straight games until yesterday.

That is how bad they have been.

And we made that line look like the 1990's Dallas Cowboys lines.

The defense needs an enema. We just need to figure out where to stick the tube.

djphinfan likes this.
  6. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    ^I agree, and someone on the D line needs to step up. So far everyone has been terrible, not just Suh.

7. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Did you have to perform a password recovery? Cause that's pretty amazing if you didnt.

8. Undisputed

Undisputed Banned

Mar 2, 2015
    I knew you must be new here from the post title.

FWIW I agree with you, but most of these dudes are bipolar. You get used to it.

Welcome!

Tin Indian and Puka-head like this.
  9. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    this is the same thing so far for the last 3 years..... how long exactly do you want to wait?

Tin Indian and Finster like this.
  10. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Yeah, what he said.

11. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Our Dline has talent, honestly we have to look hard at the coaching staff. They need to be put on notice. I have a hard time believing that they are maximizing the talent on our line and getting nothing out of them.

Tin Indian likes this.
  12. khat

khat Active Member

Aug 9, 2008
    I'm off the ledge. All our problems are fixable. I was at the game and had an awesome viewpoint. Tannehill missed a lot of open receivers. I think he checks down way too often. Our issues better be addressed by Sunday or we're totally ****ed.

KeyFin likes this.
  13. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    Im not on a ledge, but I've glanced at it. The defense needs to be fixed asap. 2nd halves of both games they only gave up 3 points total, but we need to stop digging holes in the first half & get QB pressure. It's a long season, it can be longer if they figure out a gameplan that works before halftime.

14. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    We will never win anything with these guys coaching. If they were going to get a clue they would have by now.

15. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    LMAO

O rly?

khat and Undisputed like this.
  16. Undisputed

Undisputed Banned

Mar 2, 2015
    He's also awesome at Madden!

caliphinfan likes this.
  17. caliphinfan

May 14, 2012
    Thanks for responding. I did have to do password recovery. Big time lurker. Maybe i am just wearing rose colored glasses. But i think we can pull this off inspite of horrible coaching. We have too much talent this year. Heck seattle and the colts are 0-2. Crazy season so far

18. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    Fortunately we havent had any division games yet. I hope they get this fixed by Sunday.

19. caliphinfan

May 14, 2012
    thats the main reason i have hope. we havent played the most important games yet, division games. i just hope that jags game doesnt bite us in the a@@ at the end of the season. we have to win games like this

20. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    I'm not freaking out or jumping off anything, I think I'm just overly disappointed in a way I didn't know possible. This defense is bad. Really bad. We can't make plays when they're gift wrapped (grimes drops int that def would have gotten us a field goal). McCain, aikens, and Taylor are literally walking penalties. Reshads hurt, wakes hurt. OV is hot garbage. Linebackers can't tackle. We have 1 sack, and that was by the rookie on a blown assignment.

I haven't seen our defense this bad in a realllllly long time. Sucks man....sucks.

21. Califin

Califin Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2007
    History has shown it really doesn't matter how much talent a team has if they're not adequately coached up, and coordinated into position to apply those talents.
    I think most knew Philbin was going to be an impediment to the team's success, to whatever degree his own direct contribution effected the outcome each week.
    This however was based on his complete delegation of the offense and defense to his coordinators, and taking himself largely out of those equations.
    What we appear to be facing now, are those second tier coaches struggling.

As opposed to a head coach who himself excels at either the offensive or defensive side, as is often the case of promoted gurus,
    (see Parcells) who can lend top tier knowledge, experience, and far reaching support in assisting their coordinators overwhemed by problems, Philbin is a guru of neither.

Here it's solely up to each coordinator to rise to the occasion, and solve their problems. Here is where Philbin's utter lack of expertise is now compounded by his supreme position,
    where Mike Sherman once filled the void (however lackluster as it was) Philbin is now woefully lost, consequently destined to leave his team lost, aimlessly adrift each week,
    against whatever stormy seas our opponents elect to stir up around us.

...and you can bet Ryan will be chumming for sharks, hellbent on capsizing the ship.