1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Day, Bad Year, Bad Two Decades, Bad Circumstances

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Yesterday was the pits for me as an NFL fan:

1) Dolphins don't just lose; they continue to expose themselves as a complete pretender in the league - especially at QB and OC. And at Head Coach. Sparano is a good guy who just doesn't get it done as the head of an organization. Period.

2) Jets beat the Steelers and Sanchez has a great game. Ugh. Can it get any worse? The team and QB I despise more than any other in the league beat the Steelers - as basically the Steeler D collapses in the 2nd half. It was doubly painful as Sanchez was a QB for my opponent in fantasy league playoffs.

3) Which brings me to FF. 2nd highest scoring team in my 12 team league, in a 4 team playoff against a team that I've outscored by a wide margin. Most of my players tank at the most crucial moment. And, his mediocre players (Sanchez wasn't even a starter for him - but started in place of McNabb who was benched; I'd have been better off if the 'Skins had played McNabb!).

4) Even the Pats get away with one as Flynn - who had a decent game (though his 4th quarter play exposed his weaknesses) - just has no play in his head at the end of the game and weakly gets sacked on the final play of the game.

This is really a low point for me as a fan - as I'm sure it is for most on this board - with the final three disappointments above adding insult to injury for me.

But, I've been a Dolphins fan for decades. Yet, in 30 years the Dolphins have fielded basically 1 team that really had capabilities of winning it all; maybe 2-3 that had a legit shot at getting to the SB ('85, 92, '94).

What was once a great franchise has really become a meaningless player in the past two decades.

Sparano and Henning have to be gone - I don't see how Ross can keep them. This franchise has reached the pits of below-mediocrity. And, they have to find a QB somehow as well as draft effectively on the offensive side of the football.

That comes, naturally, in a draft year without a 2nd round pick and with an arch rival that has six picks in the first three rounds. Wonderful!

My apologies for the negativity. But, they need some dumb luck (ala New England with Tom Brady) and a coach who can come in and make this a TRULY professional organization.

I really thought Parcells would do that - and he's helped change the culture - but honestly, his 'boys' have been mediocre (Sparano and Ireland). Too bad Sean Payton had already been scooped up when Bill left the Cowboys. Ireland has done well in spots but he's also missed too much - especially on the offensive side of the football. Why can't we get personnel evaluators who can find offensive talent?

But, they have to find a new combination and get extraordinary fortune with a QB. Hopefully we'll find that, somehow.

Tired of being slightly less than mediocre. But, if we can get a new offensive staff and head coach and somehow find a QB - and offensive line and second and third receiving options - hope springs eternal! :)

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I think 2011 is the year we build the offense via the draft. However, whether this staff will remain in tact to do so is another question.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I would qualify your writeup as realistic more than negative.Fans need to takle off the rose colored glasses.This regime is done.....or should be.

4. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Great post. I agree with basically everything you said. It's time this franchise gets a REAL head coach. Sorry Tony.....but I think New Haven is calling you.