1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ball stripping defense...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CashInFist, Aug 21, 2017.

1. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    It wasn't only Byron Maxwell with his 2 Forced Fumbles, but it appeared to me the defense as a whole was looking to strip the ball frequently. That does lead to missed tackled "sometimes", but I love that attitude. Whoever wins the turnover battle usually wins the game still holds true today.

Did you all see the same thing last preseason game? Granted, our starters weren't in there long, and a small sample size, but I like that approach and intensity.

dolphin25 and GARDENHEAD like this.
  2. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Can a Mod please transfer this thread to CashInFist please? I just came back from Timberline and it was still Ghandour on this PC and I didn't realize it because Ghandour is the best Berserker in the history of Dark Age of Camelot. It was normal for me to see that Legendary name on my computer screen. LOL

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Please, Mods, leave this as Ghandour.

eltos_lightfoot and CashInFist like this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Please, Mods, can you guys apply a translator to some these posts into English....and rational thought?

Bpk and eltos_lightfoot like this.
  5. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Ferme la bouche.

Fin-O likes this.
  6. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014

Ummmm....lol

7. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Cashinfist...are you the dude who was trying to get with the 18 year old? If so, what happened? lol

Bpk and CashInFist like this.
  8. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Back on topic, it's truly exciting to see defenders stripping the ball and forcing fumbles but as was pointed out, at times when going for the strip, it leads to missed tackles. I think I would much rather see a good SOLID tackle rather than an effort to strip the ball. If in the course of the tackle the ball is stripped, extra added bonus but nothing is more aggravating than watching a defender punching and punching and punching, trying to knock the ball out, allowing the runner/receiver to get an extra 10-20 yards rather than just TACKLING him outright.

Puka-head and CashInFist like this.
  9. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Yep that's me. There's a lot of moving parts involved in your question. Was it that 18 yr old? A 19 year old? It's complicated. You'll have to read a bit. LOL

10. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    If we could just figure out how to tackle solidly AND try to strip the ball at the same time, we'd be billionaires.

11. Dolphin North

Dolphin North Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I think you are right and that is awareness of the situation. Up by 10 pts in the 4th quarter in your opponents end on third down, if you have the tackle secured just bring him down so they punt, for example. That is not when you want to be trying to strip the ball as the runner picks up an extra 10 yds while the defender dances down the field with him in his grasp. It also helps when you have defenders who are able to get to the ball quickly, so you almost always have help once you reach somebody and attempt the strip and you know if he starts to get away from you another player is probably coming to clean up anyway.

TBH, I would be happy if some of these players could take better angles and once there, make a tackle instead of hitting and bouncing off or missing as the offensive player cruises downfield.

CashInFist likes this.
  12. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    all I have to say is.

[​IMG]

Bpk, Fame and CashInFist like this.
  13. Bpk

Your French is terrible. That's not how you get Fin D to open his mouth for you.

14. CashInFist

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    ferme ta gueule

15. Bpk

You clearly frequent the finest establishments.

CashInFist likes this.