1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bambi Vs. Godzilla

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by JCowScot, May 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    Yes, that is the ACTUAL thread title. No, it's not about an upcoming movie or some hopelessly mismatched Badass-Bracket duel. It's the title of David Mamet's book about movies and the industry. So far (I'm only about a 1/4 of the way into it), it's turning out to be a VERY interesting, albeit somewhat vignette-y, read.

As a question to the members of this board that have been or are currently in the film industry- what do you think of it?? (if you have even read it...:shifty:) About the whole idea that producers are simply incompetent weaselly middlemen analogous to their large corporate American counterparts; that screenwriters are a totally soul-less lot that are in no more need of an MFA than an immigrant construction worker as they (the writers) have sold the truth of observance for the truth of coin; and that most good directors/studio heads have some form of Asperger's Syndrome.

Just curious, and I hope others who have read this book and/or lived it will be so inclined to comment, as I was.:up:

2. JCowScot

JCowScot So funky the dead dance

Mar 22, 2008
    FLA USA
    ......*crickets*.................So...I guess no one's read the book then???:D

3. Pizza Boy

Pizza Boy Member

May 7, 2008
    Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Oh, I thought this thread was about that little clip they used to show on the pay movie
    channels when they were between movie showings, it was a LONG TIME AGO......but
    if I remember correctly, it showed Bambi a few minutes then all the sudden it shows
    Godzilla's foot crush him, then it said "The End"

One of the most "expected" endings I have ever seen.....