1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barry Jackson: Dolphin Six Pack

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatic8480, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Finatic8480

Finatic8480 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Miami
    Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/1...#ixzz1BDtN1T8e

2. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    404'ed

3. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Interesting talks have stalled with Incognito, usually if the player wants more money than the FO thinks they're worth, they play hardball. I thought they can't sign any players anyways due to no CBA.

4. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    Here's what a good teammate Pennington is: Each week, he studied film and wrote 48 ideas about how to attack opponents on first, second and third downs and red-zone situations. But he isn't sure he wants to coach.

Why wasn't he the offensive coordinator?

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    you can resign players who are currently under contract up until FA.

For example, we can negotiate with Incognito until March, but if he doesnt sign before FA hits, we can no longer sign him until the CBA is worked out. And no one else can either.

6. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    He said he does not want to coach or wasnt ready to coach I believe. He still wants to play. He needs to be the QB coach for a year or two.

7. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    If I was Incognito I would do the same. If Miami wants me back, make them pay. He knows we are in a hard spot, and he's leveraging that. He knows we can't afford to lose him. It stinks but the Dolphins lose Incognito (when FA comes back after the new CBA) we will really be up ****s creek. Its not a good start to this off-season. I just am seeing more and more evidence this is all leading to a complete blowup of this organization in 2012.

8. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    There have been reports of the same problems with Soliai and McDaniel. All three want substantial money based on one good season. Ireland does not want to pay it based on one good season. Kinda strange that both sides are arguing the same thing from different perspectives. Who is right?

9. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    He has said in the past that if he coaches he wants to coach a High School team, thinks he can do more good at that level on and off the field.

10. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Don't look for us to sign Incogntio or any of our other Free agents before the CBA. Any and all signings would have a signing bonus attached to it, which would give the players a monetary leverage in terms of digging in and fighting the owners on the labor agreement. Most, if not all owners will probably freeze out signing all free agents because of this. Whoever breaks rank will be looked at negatively.

11. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Don't you think he will be as conservative as Henning

12. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse Loose Cannon

Jan 17, 2011
    Hollywood, California
    I really don't want Incognito back. I saw that get planted on his butt more times than I could count this season. Some OL expert Morono is.

13. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Along with what the others have said he also said that IF he doesn't end up coaching he's going to take a few years away from everything to spend with his family before deciding what to do.

14. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I'd really like to know what KB21 thinks about us getting Donovan McNabb or Vince Young. He's pretty good with QB evaluation.

15. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Lol!

16. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I can't think of a better role model than Chad Pennington. Even if my kid would never play a down, I would want him on that team at his HS if Penny is the coach. He is the model of a good husband, father and citizen.