1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barry Jackson: Nuggets on Dolphins QB Race

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ckparrothead, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Thanks for that information. I only heard the first report.

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    The other thing about Denver and Matt Moore is that Moore ought to be pretty familiar with Mike McCoy's offense from when they were together in Carolina.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I can recall the Raiders working out Garrard last yr as well.

4. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I think that Garrard will eventually be named the starter and it would not surprise me in the least if Moore isn't traded or cut before the regular season begins. Tannehill will be given the backup job and he will assume the starting job once the Dolphins are no longer in the playoff race. Since I don't see the Dolphins winning more than five or six games at the most this coming season. I expect that Tannehill will become the starter by midseason. Hopefully this will give the Dolphin staff enough time watching Tannehill to see that he is not the long term answer at the QB position and they will do what is necessary to move up in the 2013 draft in an effort to draft Matt Barkley.

5. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Nice analysis of the situation. Will be an interesting thing to watch come TC.

6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

I was considering Denver, but Osweiler himself is an athletic kid. They may want to roll the dice on his arm.

7. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Moore was doing something right because his air yards per attempt was 4th in the league. But I can see the mediocre part when looking at his passes of 21-30 yards. He was pretty bad there.

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I don't see the big need to trade Moore already, assuming Garrard wins the starting QB spot, having Moore is a very good position to be in. Garrard is fairly old, the back/recovery are still questionable at best. And if Garrard did go down, I still would prefer to have Moore to come in and keep this team winning. Tannehill needs a year, maybe more, of development so why put him in a position if Garrard goes down Tanny HAS to develop instantly for us to still win some games?

We've moaned and groaned on this site for years about our lack of a decent QB stable, now we want to trade away 1/3 of the stable for a 5th or 6th round pick? IMVHO that's the dumbest thing I've read on these boards in a very long time.

9. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC

Love the optimism! :up: