1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barry Jackson: Perception not always reality with Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ckparrothead, Jul 29, 2011.

1. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Damn right.

Not only do they have Thomas, Ingram, Ivory and Sproles, they also have Colston, Meachem, Moore, Henderson & Jimmy Graham and they have a pretty good QB a well. An embarrassment of riches. They can afford to lose a guy like Bush. But for us, a team starved for speed and play making ability, Bush could be a real difference maker.

Amaya was only gonna see the field on ST and the late round picked can be recouped by trading down a few spots in an earlier round. 10 mil for 2 seasons is double take worthy but there are no rollover cap dollars, either you use them or you lose them.

Now we have a guy who can do some damage on a screen, draw, or check down. We have a guy we can line up in the slot as a WR or even out wide while our WR moves to the slot, creating matchup problems and/or forcing the defense to give away their coverages.

Sending Bush into the flats will anchor the Cover 2 (zone) CBs better than anyone we had last year. Sending him into the middle will get the LBs attention and create bigger windows for our TEs and WRs trying to get depth behind them. Long story short, Bush may not put up huge numbers but he's an excellent decoy who must be accounted for on each play. And he has explosive ability if you can get him the ball in space. He wasn't my first choice, or my 2nd, but there's no denying that adding Bush is going to help the offense.

Ohio Fanatic and Bpk like this.
  2. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I see that the "Henna calls max protect too much" myth is still alive and well. At least until the season starts.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Along with the Henne threw more INTs than TDs myth, yes.

At least until the season starts.

4. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    there is some love in this article too...

5. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Havent kicked this one enough, huh?

6. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    hmmmmmm, just as Rosenhaus said it would happen. The better players going to better teams than Miami for less $. Meanwhile we have to trade to get the RB & QB we get......but then I must have been wrong when I heard him say it according to the "all is goody-goody in Dolphinland" crowd.

Why didn't we get Sproles ? Because he (and I suspect most other top notch FA) don't want to be anywhere near the toxic wastedump that this offense is shaping up to be. I still want to know what that draft pick is....it has to be based on his production this year....I just hope we didn't commit a 2nd or 3rd for him. If its higher than a 4th, Ireland is an idiot.

7. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    God help us if they do

8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Please provide a link to Sproles saying this. Thanks in advance.

MrClean likes this.
  9. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  10. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I didn't say he said it. But his actions show it. He signed with NO for less than we are paying Bush. Why isnt he here instead ? Why do we have to trade to get a running back and the free agent walks into NOLA for less ? Explain that.

Either he doesn't want to be here or our front office are idiots. :confused2:

11. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Please send your resume to the Herald... you'd probably be offered a six figure salary.

MrClean likes this.
  12. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Its tough being one of the lonely voices of reality, but someone has to do it.

13. MrClean

What if our front office simply preferred Reggie Bush? Is that outside the realm of possibility? Does that mean Jeff Ireland is an idiot? Why? Because you say so and you just know better? Given the choice, I have said I'd take Sproles for $14mil/4 yrs over Bush at $10mil/2 yrs, but it's not idiotic to have the opposite opinion.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  14. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Excuses, excuses......well they had better be right, because if Sproles is just as effective or more than Bush, it makes our FO look really, really bad.....like Bengals type bad.

15. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Well at least you can make me laugh...

16. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    I'm glad you can find humor in the midst of this, the darkest of Dolphins Football eras.

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  17. MrClean

How are those questions, excuses Nimrod?

18. MrClean

Glad someone finds humor from his pearls of wisdom. For me, it is more like :headwall::headwall::headwall:

GridIronKing34 likes this.
  19. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Shouldnt you be listening to My Chemical Romance or some other ****ty emo band?

slickj101 and MrClean like this.
  20. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Wait, what? How are those excuses? Why would they even need excuses at this point? We don't know how Bush v Sproles is going to play out yet. You have your analysis and they have theirs. It'll be something to follow. Kind of like Brees v DC was, I sure hope this time the Dolphins made the better choice.

21. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Not really a fan of the Reggie Bush trade, but I do see how it could help the Dolphins' offense. That being said, if they really wanted to make a commitment to running the ball, as Tony Sparano said several times throughout the offseason, they should've ponied up for Ahmad Bradshaw. Bush is a matchup player, not a true #1, featured, starter, whatever you want to call it running back. I think now that it looks like the Kyle Orton deal is fading into nothing, Ahmad Bradshaw certainly looks like he would've been a better fit, especially if you consider it might be the case that Miami's two competing QBs are Henne and Matt Moore. I'm not exactly confident in any of those scenarios, so I just have to wonder what the grand plan is there. If they can make it work, well, I'll eat my words happily.

On the flip side, on defense we've been rumored to be neogiating with Dashon Goldson and Manny Lawson. I think both of those players could help, and if the rumor about Goldson is serious, I could see him as the FS with Reshad Jones moving to SS and axing Yeremiah Bell. I think Lawson, or a player of similar caliber, is still necessary to backup Wake and Misi. If you get both of those moves and re-sign Paul Soliai, I like that on defense.

That's just me spitballing, but at the end of all that, it still appears to me like we'd be batting .500; bad on offense, good on defense with offseason moves, and still with a glaring insufficiency at QB until proven otherwise. That, to me and me alone, is why I have a hard time getting on board with moves like Reggie Bush. Sure, he's a name and he'll sell jerseys, but is he going to score that many TDs? Is Henne going to get him the ball like Drew Brees did? I just don't see it, and that's why I've lost a lot of faith in this front office. My faith in Tony Sparano sailed after that 38-7 loss to New England.

MrClean likes this.
  22. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    The bottom line for me is are we a better team with him. I think slightly. That makes the move OK with me.

23. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    *nervous chuckle*