1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bears thinking RB... again

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Bears: Bears thinking RB... again
    The News
    As we ponder the rushing attack in Chicago, thoughts shared by coach Lovie Smith, the team is putting action in motion by welcoming two potential draft picks into Chicago for personal workouts and interviews. University of Texas RB Jamaal Charles and Tulane RB Matt Forte have spent time with Smith and his coaching staff in an effort to evaluate their potential employment with the Bears, according to ProFootballTalk.com. Rumors also indicate the team is interested in meeting with University of Arkansas RB Felix Jones.

Our View
    Those names suggest the Bears are looking to use a later pick, namely their 2nd- or 3rd-round selections, to add such a player. Cedric Benson has been rather disappointing (another in a long line of failed experiments by Bears management, strongly believed to be the final decision makers in many of these picks rather than putting such responsibility solely in the hands of the coach), and Smith seems all too happy to consider introducing options and competition to the position. Of course, speculation will revolve around their first pick of the draft, 14th overall. The team has a laundry list of needs and great intrigue revolves around that decision. Stay tuned.
    http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/

2. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I'm so very glad we stayed clear of Benson. :yes:

brandon27 and ILPhinFan88 like this.
  3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I think its safe to say we all are. I must say though I'm a bit shocked he hasnt worked out for them. I thought he had all the ability to be a great player in this league. Maybe a change of scenery could help him out. Things definately arent working out for him in Chicago. But yes, I too am much happier with our decision to take Ronnie. :up:

4. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    We made the right choice!

Fin-Omenal likes this.