1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beck and Practice

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by orangefinfan, Aug 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Beck and McCown getting a lot work in passing drills. There you have it, the triumvirate is just taking everyone for a ride.

2. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    :angry:Just 2 words about this fiasco...

UN-BELIEVABLE...

We really cannot take any thing this South FL Media says for squat...:tantrum:

3. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Wait does this mean that logic wins again?

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I have an oddball theory on this one, IMO the FO let it slip about Beck on purpose, IMO it was their attempt to motivate him.

Tonight he had a great practice finally showing what he can do...just a little bit...IMO Beck plays better a bit angry...he loses a bit of his normal overburdening caution..

5. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

like2god and calphin like this.
  6. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Maybe people were reading to much into the time off? could it be that maybe they were just giving him some rest??

7. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Or maybe, just maybe, when Sparano said he wanted to give Pennington a lot of reps and get a closer look at Henne, and it had nothing to do with Beck or McCown... he wasn't lying.

And for you guys who think Beck is being showcased for an eventual trade, explain why he received snaps inside the Nick Saban Memorial Practice Bubble.

8. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

9. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Sucks that I wasn't able to make it to practice this season.

Just that everytime I could go it would rain or they'd go into the bubble...

I wasn't going to be able to make it to the morning sessions so...oh well...

10. Xeticus

Xeticus Junior Member

Mar 30, 2008
    I think Beck is going to get shopped around. This is a relatively young player who was a 2nd round pick only a year ago. If he stays on the 'Phins it will be as 3rd string behind Chad P. and Chad H. Kind of a waste of talent. He'd never see the light of day. You don't waste a 2nd round pick at 3rd string. I think they'll trade him either for a 3rd or 4th round pick. They're not going to get a bucket of warm spit for McCown. Better to keep him as 3rd string and trade Beck while he still has some value as there is no way he's ever going to start here now.

I know a lot of you are going to disagree. Fair enough, but that is how i see it. Beck is the odd man out and still might have some trade value. The choice is simple. Cut McCown and get nothing or trade Beck for an additional pick.

11. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    It is not a waste of a pick to keep a Beck. Imagine keeping all three Both Chads and Beck. We would be set for years. Chad can groom both of these guys. Beck at worst if he is not starting material why not keep him as a backup? We are not hurting for money. We have roster space. What is the hurry to trade away a player that still has potential. You can never have enough quarterbacks. Considering Penningtons history of injuries it wouldbe a smart move to keep Beck. Besides if your gonna cut anyone it's McCown.

12. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Should have skipped work Wednesday at 2 and come on down with me. One of the reasons the media blogs can fill up decent space is because they've got two guys at the camps.

13. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Oddball, but would be the only plausible theory towards the notion that Beck would stay in Miami. If all the other stuff had happened alone, I could dismiss it all as them lighting a fire under his arse, but when Sparano specifically spelled out that CP/CH were getting the snaps and JB/JM weren't becuase you're 1/2 guys need more reps than you're 3/4 guys, that removed all doubt. Unless of course you're right and it was a smokescreen to see how he'd react. I wouldn't put it past Parcells, but seems like a long shot they'd go that far.

14. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    Your opinion, as I disagree purely speculation

15. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I NEVER hear him say that CP and CH were 1st string 2nd string. He said that Pennington needed teh reps and Henne as a rookie needed them and Beck and McCown had been seen so if you have 4 qbs, your 3rd and 4th qb not getting reps have to be prepared. He didnt say he settled on Beck and McCown as teh 3rd and 4th string. I agree that they are the ones that are battling for a roster spot as they just signed CP as teh vet and henne is a rook, so he aint going nowhere. I think they will see what Beck brings the rest of the year and see if they feel he can play and develop if so he will be kept and be #2 while Henne develops and McCown cut. If not then The opposite.

I have no problems ifequal shoy is given and they feel Henne is teh future. I have an issue with all teh people who fell in love with Henne are so quick to say well yeap just waht I thought and see I was right now quick cut Beck so it cant be proven otherwise.

The point is nothing is proven. Other than CP was brought in to start and Henne will be developed.

16. Cuban Dave 9

Cuban Dave 9 Lane Kiffin = A-Clown

Jan 4, 2008
    South Miami/Coral Gables
    Grassy Noll

17. Phins28

Phins28 Up the Irons

Dec 4, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    It's time to take off the Beck sunglasses and see the reality, he will be traded or cut at the end of pre-season.