1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beck Debut Shakey, but Expected

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
  2. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    The most important thing in my mind was the absence of turnovers from the rook in his first real game.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Game speed is alot different from practice speed, it takes time to learn the difference, and Beck does have TG and Cam to lean on.

Funny thing, in Baseball, it takes rookies time to learn to hit a curveball, it's the same in the NFL, once he learns how to read a blitz, then coverages will be hidden he will have to learn that as well.

At least he is learning though!:)

Two Tacos likes this.
  4. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA

Exactly, not to mention he shows he has the arm strength to hit the deep ball. I'm hoping with time Beck and Ginn becomes our "dare I say" Brady to Moss. :D

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

LOL!:D

Now it's a bit early to say that..:eek:

6. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    haha I said "with time" :p

7. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    I just hope no-one gets on any anti-Beck bandwagon when he wasnt even expected to play this season. Green is past his prime and Lemon sucks. (pardon the pun) Beck right now needs and has to suck up and get playing time beit thru default. Lets get behind him and when he gets a decent supporting cast(Defense especially) we should then give our true opinions.

8. Phinperor

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    I know it's only been one game, but my gut feeling is that Beck will be our guy. Like you said, we just need to build around him and our younger talent.

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Lord I've missed Finheaven....:)

Blitz's are the fastballs for Rook Qb's he'll learn them pretty quickly.

10. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think he did a pretty good job..given the weather and playing in Philly. He had what...three or four drives start inside his own ten. He took care of the ball..and really made no dumb dumb decisions. I think he showed a ton of potential.

11. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I thought Beck looked okay, I was not upset with him.

12. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Yep. He will but as you say that experience will come sooner than not. It has to be expected being he is a Rookie. If Ginn can continue to show he has a clean pair of hands and can continue to catch and run then Beck has a partner in crime. Lets just get him an outlet in a pass catching TE thru the draft or FA. Ronnie is one of the best catching Running Backs in the NFL IMO and now hes showing he can actually carry the rock for Pro-Bowl type yardage. Cudos to the O-Line. Our O is getting to wher Cam wants it IMO but we seriously need to evaluate and improve on a D that has been neglected thru its own stella, excellent work through the last 10 yrs.

13. Idahophin

Idahophin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Snake River Plain
    I didn't get to watch Beck when we played the eagles, but i'm sure looking forward to see him in action on Monday night.

I see a lot of Beck at BYU, but this is a step up and I do think he is ready for the Pros.:thumbup:

14. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I was happy with his first game. Showed he's got good arm strength, and he made good decisions. Some miscues on what seemed to me to be timing patterns...he seemed to have the most problems with throwing the ball to Chatman out of the backfield, and short passes...he kept throwing them, and the guys were never looking. LOL. Can only assume it was a timing issue.

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think Peele may be the tight end that we need, but here is one of our problems:

We don't have enough home run threats on Offense, realistically only Ginn and Brown (if healthy) can score from anywhere on the field.

The other players are all possession type guys, that has to change if we plan on moving up in our Division.

16. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Beck did exactly what I thought he would do accept he was a little scatter shot. He was throwing it too hard and too high.

I'm still pissed that we waited to play a road game in bad weather against a blitz happy defense to get him some action. The Bills home game was a picture perfect chance to play him. Why he did not see ANY snaps in that game is still mind blowing.

Cam is beginning to wear on me, and I'm a pretty patient guy.

17. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think Cam was worried about home game boo's

18. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA

I agree.

Thats why I dont feel one way or the other for these games (Eagles/Steelers)....unless he throws 6 picks or something.

Cam is also wearing on me too especially since I wasn't excited with him comming here in the first place...but I'll continue to be patient...for now...

19. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Every QB gets the home game boo's at some point in time. If Beck does'nt have thick enough skin to take some idiots booing him in his first start then we might as well start looking at Brohm.

20. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Look at one of the comments posted on the article. One game and a guy is labeling him an eternal back-up.

But hey, he did pretty good for himself. He had no turnovers, which is pretty good. Now I can't wait until Beck, Ginn get into a rhythm and Hagan gets some Elmer's for his hands.

21. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    cam is starting to have a knack for taking his time before playing a player.

22. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Beck looked a little worse than I expect him to look, but that doesn't change my judgement on him. He was playing a pretty fierce defense on the road, and he didn't have any turnovers, that makes his debut a success IMO.

He definitely looked shaky on the short passes, and that has to be ALL contributed to the real NFL speed of the defense he faced . . . he definitely was uncomfortable . . . but he had 2 real nice downfield completions where he showed he has a gun and his accurate.

I'm still not sure if he gives us a better shot than Lemon to win right now, but I definitely want to see him the rest of the season . . . I hope he can be the guy.