1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Become a travel agent!

Discussion in 'Jobs Forum' started by RickyNeverInhaled, Aug 28, 2015.

1. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    As a travel agent you get great deals on vacations/travel. If I want to go on a cruise I just pay the port fee and taxes. Some vacations I get for free just to familiarize myself with it and recommend it to clients. There is also a bunch of tax write offs and you can do this job from home with your phone or computer. There is over 20 ways to get paid commission, bonuses, and residual income! The best part is there is no product to stock and sell. If you know people that travel and go on vacations, why not get them to book it through you and get paid for it! Call this number, it's a 5 minute recording and if you like what you hear and are interested in becoming a travel agent ask me about the website with videos to learn more! I can get you started booking vacations right away. Airplane tickets, bus tickets, train tickets, hotels, cruises, sports tickets, Disney trips, etc! Get your Dolphins tickets through me!
    205-378-3888 (5 minute recording)

P.s I look forward to working with you and booking your travel/vacations and especially Miami Dolphins tickets! Join my team and become a travel agent, you will love it!

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    With Expedia, ect, aren't travel agents becoming obsolete? No offense btw.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

3. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    We can get deals you can't find online. No offense taken. We are the #2 affiliate of Priceline. One of the many benefits of using a travel agent is that you can pay for vacations with payments and lock in a price that won't increase. There is no additional cost when using a travel agent, vendors pay us a portion of the price they charge because we bring business to them.

4. normaldude

normaldude Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I personally do everything myself. I do my research into exactly what I want to see, exactly which neighborhood & hotel I want, how to use the local subway & bus system, etc. And then I book everything myself (Kayak, Expedia, etc).

But I do know people who want to work with travel agents & packaged deals. Like the entire trip is planned out, flights, hotels, tour groups, daily itinerary, etc. Some people just want to go to a city like Paris, and have everything planned out for them, to make it easy. Not my thing, but lots of people travel this way.

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  5. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Can this be done on the side? I've always wanted to do this. My wife and I love doing research and planning trips for our family. I also came THIS CLOSE to working full time for a local travel agency in Charlotte. But the base pay was small and we couldn't afford to wait for the ramp up period or commissions to start rolling in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I want to go to Key West for a few days next May. What kind of deals do you have for me? :knucks:

RickyNeverInhaled likes this.
  7. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Yes I do it on the side, a lot of people do it on the side then end up doing it full time when they make more money than their current job part time. I am sending you a pm

KeyFin likes this.
  8. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Give me some dates and tell me more about what kind of accommodations you are looking for. Would you need a rental car and a plane ticket? Check back on here later and I can give you an idea of what kind of deals I can get you, but if you get more specific about what you want that would be great!

9. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    http://secure.rezserver.com/hotels/...3a34a35a&hotel_id=700201274#fullScreenGallery
    I can find you anything from $179 a night to $519 a night, depends on what you want. You can look around on my website www.travelwithgodspeed.paycation.com or let me know more specifics and I will present a couple of options to you based on what you want. Feel free to pm me and I can get my number to you so you can call or text, or pm me your number.

10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I am interested in some info as well.

11. RickyNeverInhaled

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Check your pm

12. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Isnt it true the cruise industry controls the price of cruises? All online companies have the same prices. I cant see how you could get a better deal than a big guy like priceline. I had a friend who paid to become a travel agent, I warned her beforehand she could compete with big guys and give better deals, within 6 months she stopped doing it.