1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beefed-up Jason Taylor ready to play if injured Roth isn't

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Sep 2, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Beefed-up Jason Taylor ready to play if injured Roth isn't
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphi...1c_roth_0902.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    JT = NFL Comeback Player of the Year!

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    And DPOTY! Might be wishful thinking...

4. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    I just hope he contributes as many sacks as Joey did last year instead of them just splitting them...

5. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    May I say? I never doubted his abilities?
    And----I told ya so. :wink2:

6. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Now Debby...that's not surprising coming from you ?? !!

Seriously, JT learned, I think, that if he wants to play football at the level he is accustomed to, he needs the offseason preparation that he missed in 2008. His renewed level of intensity to prepare for this season is refreshing as I, for one, thought he was finished after last year. Hopefully, it can translate to the JT we all know and love...

The Roth situation is still perplexing...is it a groin issue or a contract issue. Either way, the signs are at worst IR for Roth and at best PUP for him. I don't see him waltzing in this week and suddenly his 'injury' is healed (be that the contract injury or the supposed groin injury)...but where exactly does that leave us. He was a seriously positive contributor to this D last year. That hasn't been replaced by JT....yet...

7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    good to know, better to avoid

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I said that he would win the job outright regardless of Matt's health status..guess we'll never know..come on matt, get healthy..we need ya.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  9. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    sounds like he's been using some of that barry bonds hand salve... or maybe he hangs out with Rodney Harrison in the offseason? ;)

10. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

JT has learned his lessons and is going to play lights out for us this season, I can't wait to watch him tear it up. I sure wish we knew what the heck is the problem with Roth though, he was a player I really expected big things from this season. Him being out there would have freed up Joey and JT to roam and sack, roam and sack.

I really want to see about 8 games into regular season, JP, JT, and Cam Wake out there on 3rd and long. That, my friends, could be a devastating pass rush! :up: