1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Believe in now!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Nov 20, 2008.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    On the cusp of a game that has significance! These Patriots, the thorn in our side for many years now! Tom Brady, there faithful steward, confidently driving there team down the field with a painful rate of succession is on IR.

Is the Dolphins time now? We will see, but this marks a grand turning point with our beloved Dolphins franchise! There is light at the end of the tunnel finally! Flaky coaches and droves of circus clowns in the front office now gone, these Dolphins are led by consistency and decisiveness. Is that enough to lead a team with plenty of holes into the promise-land? I think so!

Let us allow our minds to go there if only for a moment…

Colored commentary from the CBS anchors leads the beautiful sound of awe-inspiring sights and sounds that lead up to kickoff! Here comes YOUR Miami Dolphins! The team captains take the field and win the toss electing to defer. The game is under way!

The speedster Ellis Hobbs is quickly shutdown on the kickoff by a fired up Dolphins special teams eager to elude their names in the mud! Out comes the confident bunch on offense led by a young quarterback just off a big game that gave him perhaps more confidence then deserved by a team that lost.

On the other side a veteran defense led by a few wily vets, sprinkled with some youthful potential. Pan across to Joey Porter, the passionate and vocal leader, dripping with sweat and frothing at the mouth for a chance to make a play on the ball or ball carrier. Center-stage, Jason Ferguson, powerful anchor of the line sits in wait for the moment to sink his feet into the field like massive tree-trunks. Vonnie Holliday, modest playmaker looking for any opportunity to make a stop or a sack. Matt Roth, the convert, waits with a fiery-eyed gaze that would make Bill Romanowski proud! Yeremiah Bell, the lean powerhouse of a ball-hawk. Does he blitz? Perhaps drop back? Cassell wishes he knew… Ball is snapped and the game is under way!

Fast-forward three quarters through a hard-fought game. It is now the fourth quarter and the offense takes the field, their white uniforms riddled with dirt and grass-stains. The score: Patriots 24 Dolphins 21 with 3:24 on the clock. A calm quarterback under pressure Chad Pennington has been in this position numerous times through the season. What looked like close games serves as admirable experience now. Lou Polite and the offensive star Ronnie Brown takes the backfield. The CBS commentary begins discussing the monster game that Ronnie Brown has once again had against this veteran New England defense with 127 yards on the ground and his 10th touchdown of the season, half of that out of the well-executed “Wildcat” offense. But after being stuffed on 1st down it’s Chad Pennington who quietly directs this offense from the spread formation. A three-wide set CP delivers a quick-strike right up the seam to tight end Anthony Fasano for a gain of 20 yards, the drive starting at their own 20. Moving with a calm precision they now run from a no-huddle offense. Ronnie starts out wide then motions back behind Pennington. Play-Action! Pennington to Ginn on a drag route, he gets the first-down but is unable to get out of bounds! Two minutes and 37 seconds on the clock, Miami on New England’s 48. Up to the line of scrimmage, the ball is snapped, Pennington hits Camarillo on a deep come back and gets out of bounds at the Patriot’s 35 for another first down! Two minute warning: The offense comes back out with Ginn, Bess and Camarillo wide, Ronnie and Cobbs in the back-field, Cobbs motions out wide-left. Pennington drops back, pump-fake, hits Ronnie Brown down the seam! Ronnie breaks a tackle and gets to New England’s twenty and a first down! The offense hurries to the line, 1:27 left, plenty of time. Five-wide formation, Chad drops back and puts the ball in the air! Ted Ginn is open and TOUCHDOWN MIAMI! A beautifully timed pass, the safety got sucked up a little bit allowing Ted to get behind Hobbs! The extra-point is good and Miami gets the lead with a minute and some change, Dolphins 28 Patriots 24!

Plenty of time left with this offense. Miami kicks deep! Hobbs has it at the 5, makes a cut, gets into the open field! To the 45 and WHAM! Cobbs nails Ellis Hobbs for the stop. The Patriots with good field position and a minute and 15 seconds on the clock. Cassell drops back, hits Welker on the slant for a first down, ball on Miami’s 49. New England in the hurry-up offense, 5-wide. Cassell drops back, throws deep for Moss and Moss has got it at the 30 and out of bounds! 55 seconds left on the clock and the Patriots are driving. Cassell drops back, Porter blitzes! Cassell gets the ball out but is HAMMERED! The ball drifting… Yeremiah Bell picks it off! Up to the 20, 25 and out of bounds! And with 43 seconds on the clock Miami will be able to kneel this one out! ALLRIGHT MIAMI!

Dolphins 28 Patriots 24 is the final and the Dolphins are 7-4 and tied for first place in the AFC-East! The Titans have handled the Jets for a score of Titans 24 Jets 20.

That is how I’d like to see this weekend go… And you?

This is without Zach Thomas (my favorite player of the past decade), and without JT (everybody’s favorite). New coach, new regime and new players… WOW!

2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    Hey why not that way? Why not us? Nice write up and enjoyable read!!

HULKFish likes this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    At least you're enthusiastic!

HULKFish likes this.
  4. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Yeah, well... Con is the Technician, Samphin is the comedian and I'm the fiction writer. Here's to hoping!

5. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-fqtuyipM]YouTube - Miami Dolphins - Believe 2008[/ame]

gafinfan and HULKFish like this.
  6. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I was smiling from ear to ear while reading that. I can't wait 'til Sunday!

HULKFish likes this.
  7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Dude...THAT VIDEO WAS GREAT!!!

Good read, on the story, too.

I still get a little upset everytime I see Marino in a vid...all those years, but no Super Bowl...

HULKFish likes this.
  8. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Hulk that was super awesome.

This game is the pinnacle of the season. A win and playoffs are a real possibility, a loss and might be too late. I'm going to be so jacked up for this game.

HULKFish likes this.
  9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I hope it goes down like that or any other way that has Miami ahead at the end of regulation. Nice read!

HULKFish likes this.
  10. dolphinsgirl

dolphinsgirl New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Central PA
    Why does Sunday still seem so darn far away???????????????

The Aqua Crush and HULKFish like this.
  11. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    I know, like everything else i've done or encountered so far this week has just "been in the way" of Sundays kickoff. :lol:

HULKFish likes this.
  12. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Man, if dreams could only come true....that would be my dream for the Fins...Great post for us not-convinced-yet types...

HULKFish likes this.
  13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    That was fun brother

HULKFish likes this.
  14. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Awesome bro, but I dont think that I can take another last second win week.

I prefer a 31-10 Miami win in which the Pats score a late, meaningless TD to make themselves feel better about being trashed twice by us this season.

ALSO, I have ZERO mercy for them...

and not for what some might be thinking...

Its because back in '93, when we had Dan out for the year and they eliminated us that last game of the season...So that they dont have Brady...too bad for them...

yeah...Joey Porter might have a long memory....but not longer than mine...

15. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Unbelievable. Now my heart gets racing just reading about a possible scenario post.

HULKFish likes this.
  16. Ludacris

Ludacris Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jan 8, 2008
    That was great and entertaining. Nice piece of imaginative writing. 5 stars from me. :)

HULKFish likes this.
  17. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    Thanks Hulk nice to read...

Though you stated that Ronnie had a good day with the WC, why are we trailing???

Don't have to answer, just a thought...

EDIT- My opinion, this Pats team, without Braydy, is only a 500 team. BB is what has taken them to above average.

Otherwise, I would not expect them to win the Division if the Divison is more competitive.

As it currently looks, when we win Sunday, I would venture to say that the Pats won't make the Play Offs,,,

HULKFish and Ludacris like this.