1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst Bang for your Buck Cities

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by Fin Fan In Cali, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Best and Worst Bang for the Buck Cities - Yahoo! Real Estate

That's because Austin and San Antonio lead our list of places where your money goes farthest. Residents of both enjoy affordable housing and promising prospects for job growth in coming years. Houston and Dallas also land in the top 10, at Nos. 4 and 7, respectively.

But, economists say, no state has been as hard hit as California.
    "California is being faced with a combination of a zillion things--the state's been in a prolonged recession, and at the same time, you have some of the least affordable housing in the country," says Gledhill. "We'll probably start seeing a bottom in the housing market late next year, but it'll be a while until we see a real recovery."

We are in a very deep recession here, and it's very ugly. I went to my favorite donut shop today, and Sylvia the owner goes how have you been? She hasn't seen me in awhile. I said good, but unemployed. She says I am sorry to here that, but everyone keeps telling her that.:no:

2. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    miami has to be near the bottom. florida and california have both been hit hard.

3. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Agreed bro. I am not proud that California is probably winning this aweful race.:no:

4. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Our real estate agent that sold us our house back in 05 here, says she is practically out of a job. 1/2- 3/4 of the houses on the market here are bank owned.:no:

5. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    I met a lady that OWNS her own RE Brokerage here in Tampa.
    She was serving me a slice of Pizza at Sbarro.
    No lie, she gave me a business card with the slice.

I'm at my wits end with this situation.
    I keep hearing the excuses and the arguments explaining why were not really in that bad a situation but what I see around me every day paints a very different picture. One that mirrors those that state we in fact are in the midst of a very dire financial situation.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  6. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    It;s not looking better here in Cali bro, it doesn't look good.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Damn, worst timing. I hate my job so much ... am thinking of hanging a shingle. I might as well hang the shingle and keep my present job until the wheels fall off.

I should really look into becoming a consumer bankruptcy attorney. That would carry me for a few years ...

I'm pulling for you FFIC. Hope all goes well.

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yep, double those sentiments John. Thoughts wonder back and keep hoping to see a thread surrounded by stars announcing something really good happening for you..

I have a question in regards to Foreclosure...time for a new thread me thinks...

9. Fin Fan In Cali

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Thanks for the support bro's. I appreciate all the love and support I have been getting. It means a lot, and keeps my chin up.:up:

azfinfanmang likes this.