1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best and Worst FA signings in 2008

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by emale2u1, Jan 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Andrew Brandt listed what were in his opinion the top 5 and worst 5 contract signings in 2008. Our dolphins made both lists ..

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/2008-signings-best-worst/

Best (in no order)
    Antonio Bryant, Tampa Ba
    Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

you get credit for a good signing of your own players
    Mewelde Moore, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Michael Roos/David Stewart, Tennessee Titans
    looks like two signings ... but who's counting
    Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins
    AND THE WORST (with the one marked the worst)
    1. Ernest Wilford, Miami Dolphins
    Javon Walker, Oakland Raiders
    Roy Williams, Dallas Cowboys
    Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys
    Jerry Porter, Jacksonville Jaguars

Interesting that all the "worst" signings were wide receivers. Seeing we invested quite a bit less with Ernest Wilford, I have trouble seeing how he would consider this the worst. I would much rather have him at his contract than either Walker or Porter.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  2. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    I have always been a Roy Williams fan, but for the Cowboys to give up as many picks as they did for him was absolutly awful. On a side note, I'm glad to see Pennington get some respect on here.

3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I agree the wilford signing was bad, but it didn't work out to where the lack of his production crippled the team so I don't think it deserves to be number one.

4. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Could it be that everyone else caught more than 3 balls all year or whatever his ridiculously low number was? Therefore atleast they attempted to earn their pay for this season.

5. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    It says at the top of the thread that they are in no order. I don't know if this means just the best signings are in order or both of the groups are in no order, but Wilford shouldn't be the number one worst signing if the thread started listed them in order.

6. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    blah blah blah , I stand by what I said :lol:

I hate you

Regan21286 likes this.
  7. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Jets getting Favre screwed 2 franchises and helped one. Jets screwed them self, Helped Miami and screwed the Patriots. Jets don't get Favre then... Jets still miss playoffs, Dolphins miss playoffs, Patriots are in

calphin likes this.
  8. emale2u1

emale2u1 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Maryland
    This was not my list but from Andrew Brandt. Both lists are in no particular order, however in his write-up for Wilford which I included, he says "this might be the worst of all".

9. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Ernest Wilford. Right idea. Wrong guy.

10. Jagfish

Jagfish Season Ticket Holder

Nov 23, 2007
    This Planet you call Earth
    Who knew Ernest would suck that bad. Not me. I expected him to have similar production to what he had in Jax.

11. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    i disagree with his lack of production not crippling this team. wilford was signed to be that big endzone reciever who could get seperation and move the chains. he did none of that leaving us going with a undrafted rookie free agent in bess and unheard of/unacomplished reciever in london..i didn't mention camarillo because he was supposed to be our wes welker in the slot and not be playing the number 2 role.

he was especially needed to step up after cam got hurt but instead he took steps back. noone got seperation from dbacks this year consistantly and that was where wilford was supposed to shine and he failed miserably. if we had a big,tall reciever that could get seperation and be a threat in the endzone then this team might have gone a little further in the playoffs.

also it crippled us by not giving ginn much of a vet mentor to look up to and learn from. it's sad when ginn has to go to the opposing teams recievers after a game to get advice and tips on being a better reciever.

12. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Though I had some hope, I still knew he'd suck. Bad work ethic, sloppy route running, butterfingers, runs slower than a LB, etc.

13. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Davon Bess should be on that list, remember he was a FA, not a draft choice.

Oh well, as with our team, you win some you lose some.