1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Fantasy Football Website

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by MonstBlitz, Jul 16, 2010.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I'm not talking about sites for hosting leagues, I'm talking about a site to get extra information about players. I'm sick of sites like Sportsline and Yahoo not getting me information about my players until it's too late. And I'm sick of the competition having resources that seem to always be right about the best waiver wire guys to grab.

So I know there's a lot of fantasy football guys on here. What websites do you use? What kind of information do they offer? I'm usually dead set against this, but I might even be willing to pay this year to join one of these sites.

2. Tractor Traylor

Tractor Traylor Crafty Veteran

Jan 5, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I like fantasysharks.com for weekly updates and articles but fantasyindex.com is one that I have relied on heavily for the basis of many of my projections.

3. PeaTearGriffin

PeaTearGriffin Season Ticket Holder

Dec 8, 2007
    Pre-draft I just try to find as much info as possible. ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, and whoever else. I take all of their opinions on players and then make my own rankings based off this information and trusting my gut feeling about certain players. Other than that I Mock non-stop.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/

Use that site for most mocking but will also mock on the others too.

Pick ups help but my history has always been draft strong and you won't have to worry about the free agent mess.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    I'm a big fan of CBS' fantasy football section. Lots of rankings, analysis, and worthwhile speculation. They even do a weekly podcast, which is a nice cherry on top. I admit some of the banter is grating (like Eisenberg's belief that real football is won by running, and his mistaking the success of passing as meaning "pass often" rather than "pass well," but I digress) but in the end they do a pretty good job. Bonus: it's all free.

5. The Rev

The Rev Totus Tuus Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box Club Member

This is the one that I use. :up:

6. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    I use football guys.com. They have a good website, daily updates, and free software to fill in your scoring system and sort their ranked players accordingly.

7. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I checked out this website and couldn't find any free links to this software you mention. What's it called, or would you mind sending me the link to it?

Thanks in advance!

For Everyone,

Do any other sites have free software that lets you enter your league's scoring and ranks the players accordingly?

8. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Check the Tools section. It's called Draft Dominator.

finyank13 and MonstBlitz like this.
  9. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    footballguys is the best I've seen. As in-depth as you'll find. If you play in a league for cash, spending a little money for fbguys isn't a bad investment.

10. Vendigo

Vendigo German Gigolo Club Member

Nov 30, 2007
    http://www.fftoday.com/tools/crank.php should do the trick if you register.

Good site in general, by the way.

11. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Damn. Doesn't look like I can download it on a mac.

12. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Most fantasy football sites have yet to enter the 21st Century with the rest of us. :lol: If you're willing to pay a few dollars, Rotoworld has an online guide that lets you do the same thing: plug in your league rules and it ranks players according to their projections. Works just fine in Safari or any other OS X browser.

Though personally, I'd rather load up Excel or Numbers, enter my own projections, and then use a SUM formula that tallies up the projected numbers based on my league's scoring system. It's really not that hard. Divide rushing yards by the amount needed to score a point, multiply touchdowns by the amount of points they're worth, add receptions if they're counted, etc. Not tough to do, just time-consuming.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  13. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    fantasyfootballstarters.com
    fftoolbox.com

14. legomymego

legomymego New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I use fftoolbox pretty much exclusively.

15. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I ended up going with Draft Sharks. Primarily because I know the guy picking behind me at the turn uses it, and it was worth the $43 to have a good idea of who he'll be targeting every round.

Also the fact that I'm not paying for applications that won't work on my mac was a big selling point. Wanted to go with footballguys, but don't like the fact that they refuse to have the draft dominator app work on Mac. Their stubbornness cost them a customer.