1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best image to come out from the scrimmage

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Aug 4, 2012.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    No infield....football grass on the field....field looking in the best condition possible.

This really was one of the better off season moves (that being the Marlins moving out).

http://instagram.com/p/N60gtNFMvD/

Die_Nasty, JMHPhin and Larry Little like this.
  2. Killer Bees

Killer Bees Bringin' the Ruckus

Aug 14, 2011
    Yeah but with the hurricanes now playing there, we don't get the cool Dolphins logo's in the end zone. Just the generic MIAMI in orange.

Not a big deal but just doesn't look as nice. It is great though that the Marlins have finally left, NOW MAKE US CLOSER TO THE ACTION.

djphinfan likes this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    How are we supposed to slide into second after a scramble? :shifty:

4. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Now the Marlins have a World Class facility and the Dolphins have no infield. Win Win.

Phyl, SICK, ToddPhin and 1 other person like this.
  5. PSG

PSG Clear Eyes. Full Hearts.

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Yeah, but once they get the Death Penalty that will be over too.:shifty:

finyank13 likes this.
  6. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Except when the Marlins relocate or get contracted.
    Then the World Class facility becomes a White Elephant.

7. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Instagram is the most unnecessarily overused app ever.

Sleepy, phins17, brandon27 and 4 others like this.
  8. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    True, it's for ugly people because it makes them look better.

9. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    No, it's not win-win. It would be better to deal with the infield than have no chance to get public money anytime soon because the Marlins poisoned the well.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    You mad?

SICK likes this.
  11. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    They aren't leaving...

12. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    Unless you're in Marlins ownership, I'm not sure why you're tossing out worn internet cliches.

13. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I'm not. I am a Marlins fan, though. And I love the stadium.

14. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

jsizzle, Sleepy, dolfan32323 and 2 others like this.
  15. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Not in the least.
    I don't give 2 craps about the Marlins.

16. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    OK.
    Don't stop believin.

17. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    I guess enjoy the hope they can somehow wildly overachieve with ownership who doesn't care about performance now that they got theirs? At a certain point I would think dignity and self respect would kick in but hey?

18. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    If they don't care about on field performance, why did they drop so much money in the off season to field a winner?

You sound like a mix of Norman Braman and Jeff Passan. I suggest you get over it and stop hating. The stadium is built and will be here for a while.

19. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I have facts that suggest it will be here for a while.

What do you have that suggests it won't?

20. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Hey how are all those shiny new players the Marlins payed for working out?

21. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    2/3 are great. One of them sucks. As well as the team. :(

22. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    What facts are those? A new stadium?
    Won't be long til the novelty wares off and people stop going. (Hasn't it kind of started already? Not being sarcastic, I honestly don't know. I just heard Colin Cowherd talking about it the other day.)
    Then yet another fires sale will happen (It has already started...*Hanley Ramierez*)
    Miami just isn't a baseball town. It's barely a sports town.
    It used to be a hardcore Dolphins town, I guess it still is, but even that love affair has waned a bit recently. I guess that's what a decade of suckdom does to fanbase.

23. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    I love dolfans that hate on marlins fans not showing up, as Greenbay has 70k at a scrimmage and we had 1200.......Guess the dolphins are contracting soon too eh? :lol:

24. PSG

Nov 24, 2007
    North of the Border
    Not contracting but.......Los Angeles Dolphins????

SICK likes this.
  25. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    To buy the loyalty of the very small percentage of people who will show up. Theoretically, there is some **** happy Miami-living, Marlins-attending fans will not eat up greedily. The Marlins haven't found it yet, but I can see why they have some desire and need for plausible deniability after raping and pillaging the county and fan base without even a kiss on the cheek.

I sound like nearly everyone who isnt part of Marlins ownership or a small minority of a minuscule fan base that is close enough to Dade to go to games comfortably but doesn't live in county to deal with the financial ****storm.

I don't have any interest in baseball or live in Dade and I can recognize that I got ****ed over. My football team is going to likely be stuck with an aging facility for a decade plus because all everyone is going to remember is the Marlins scammed everyone for a stadium no one goes to and a team no one cares about

26. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Lots of Marlins hate in here.

They're not going anywhere though.

27. Mainge

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Every team out of the playoff hunt is having a similar percentage decrease in attendance.

Trading Hanley Ramirez, a guy who's been no better than average for two full seasons now with 30m+ left on his contract does not constitute a fire sale.

28. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    In more than one sense.

And it's not Marlins "hate". That suggests there's some sort of rivalry or competition issue. Most of the people who have a problem with the scam the Marlins ran don't care about baseball.

29. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    The problem isn't some slump, it's that the Marlins got their new stadium that was supposed to super charge attendance and what? They ended up going from near worst to slightly below average? They got their fourth or fifth best year in terms of attendance?

How exactly are the Marlins going to keep their attendance where it is, much less get it to levels that would have justified a new stadium.

30. Mainge

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    That post was mostly in response to PSG. I understand why people would be upset with that stadium deal, I don't understand why someone would say they're going to relocate or contract when it's almost literally an impossibility for the next 25 years.

31. Mainge

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    I don't know if it was supposed to "super charge" attendance. It was suppose to provide stability and a make the team more money. It did that.

How else does any team increase attendance? They win.

32. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    You're wrong on all accounts here actually.

There is no fire sale and attendance has been consistent. It has dropped off a little when we started losing, but let's not act like that only happens with the Marlins. If you think they're leaving because of attendance, there are about 15 other MLB teams I can name you who shouldn't have an MLB team, either.

33. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    To buy loyalty? Hm. Bottom line is they spent money. You can call it whatever you want. They spent money this off season. They wanted to field a winner. You said they could care less about that. You were wrong.

You're basically pissed because the Marlins built a stadium the same way nearly every MLB team has built a stadium the past decade plus. Through public funding.

Get over it. I could care less if you don't like baseball. The Marlins attendance has been fine, and will continue to be fine. People still show up despite the suck the past two months. I don't see any reason they will stop.

34. Mr772

Mr772 New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Baseball? Yawn, nobody cares anymore.

35. Disgustipate

Nov 25, 2007
    Why would they care about winning when the President explicitly says they don't care if no one comes to their games?

I have no problem with a sports team I don't care for getting public money. I wouldn't have a problem with it coming out of my taxes, provided the team actually justified it. I've got problems because the Marlins don't deserve it, they lied and ripped off the public to get their stadium.

I've got a problem because the Marlins will very likely have killed the ability to get public money for Sun Life stadium for a very long time. Let's not even talk about the Dolphins vs. the Marlins, how many years would it take for the Marlins to equal the financial impact of one Miami hosted Super Bowl? Almost certainly longer than the gap between Miami hosted Super Bowls.

It's going to set the record for worst first-year attendance of a new ballpark, and they haven't even been able to hit the levels they hit when they were new in Joe Robbie Stadium.

36. Mainge

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    This is because the stadium is very small. Smallest in the MLB. Of course total attendance will be lower if other stadiums hold 15-20 thousand more, or ~35k more in JRS's case.

And as far as the presidents quote, the Miami Today News admitted Samson was misquoted. There's absolutely no proof that ownership doesn't care about winning.

37. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Why would he raise payroll from 60 million to 117 million if he didn't care about winning?

I think keeping an entire baseball team in a city is more important than building a team that will always be here a new stadium. The Dolphins will be fine. MLB wants baseball to work in South Florida. You need a team there if you want it to work.

That's not true. Off the top of my head, I remember reading the 1982 Minnesota Twins drew less. Much less. They averaged around 11,000 per game.

We're in line to finish with similar numbers with three teams who opened up stadiums in the 21st Century. The Reds, Pirates and Nationals. The season isn't over, either. We could pass them. If we do not, we will probably fall just a few hundred short of their marks.

38. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    It was reported their was over 8,000 people in attendance, but I see your point nonetheless.

39. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm not even going to pretend to think we have the faithful fans the Packers do, but it's not really a fair comparison. What else is there to do in Green Bay, and that team is a Super Bowl contender playing in one of the most iconic stadiums ever built.

40. Killer Bees

Aug 14, 2011
    Exactly, I remember watching a preseason game and there was like 1:00 left in the 4th quarter and the game wasn't even close but the stadium still looked like their was about to be a kick-off in the NFC championship game. They were all still screaming and everything, those fans are ridiculous.

Rocky Raccoon likes this.