1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Player Available

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Apr 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    We all know we have major holes at NT, OLB, and S. However, I think we should go Best Player Available, unless that player is a QB or LT.

This team is NOT three players away from a Super Bowl. This team has solid, young players at key positions, but let's not kid ourselves. We still have a long way to go. I strongly believe in drafting the best player available, even if that player is Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, Joe Hayden or Rolando McClain.

(I exclude QB and LT because, in my opinion, we're set at those spots, unlike pretty much every other position on the field)

LandShark13 likes this.
  2. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I tend to agree. Fact is, LG is somewhat of a need with Smiley injued so often and on the trade block. Boomer made an interesting case for Pouncy, who could cover LG and C with Grove hurt so often, but I'd go with Iupati. I'd have no problem taking Spiller, and Dez Bryant- not really a need with Marshall here, but he'd be a great talent to add. Everyone has their opinion, but mine is that you go for the best talent available in the 1st within reason- no need for a LT with jake Long here, for example. I could see a major surprise with us if we don't trade down, but otherwise- Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Dan Williams- whoever is the best football player and would fit in with our team the best. I'd be all for that. We need to improve the overall talent level of this team- the temp[late in how to draft remains the Baltimore Ravens imo, and in the 1st you go for talent, not for need. That or trade down, which ain't easy.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    iam a florida fan....and a dolphins fan.....but if we draft joe haden ill be furious. we have more needs than Corner.

infact id say we have one of the top corner tandems in the league. not to mention will allen coming back to play as well. we CANNOT take corner at 12. so id add that with lt and qb. thats jmo