1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Post-Game Quote From Sunday on "Expectations"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Da 'Fins, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    Exactly. Keep it grounded, Odrick!

From Hyde's column.

That's the only attitude we need.

2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

That's the attitude Odrick...spread it around!

Take extra care of the little things, and the big things will take care of themselves...

Da 'Fins and RickyNeverInhaled like this.
  3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    My hope is that we have enough veterans on the team who have been around for a while and not won anything, that they'll stay smart and keep the younger guys grounded as well.

4. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Odrick's one profound guy.

5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Norfolk VA
    Love this guy's attitude. I dub Odrick "The Thinking Man's Defensive Tackle"

Da 'Fins and RoninFin4 like this.
  6. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I've been critical of Philbin, but I would think that that attitude is a reflection of what Philbin would want his team thinking. Maybe that's a positive effect of Philbin's style?

Da 'Fins and ElNino like this.
  7. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    Every man on offense has to play till the whistle sounds. That was the difference in this win versus prior losses. Case in point, the Tannehill fumble. We rarely recovered our fumble on offense but Sunday, there were 3 Dolphin OL that had Tannehill's back running with him and playing till the whistle sounds.

fins1 likes this.
  8. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    It may be coming from the one team philosophy. The shield is the symbol of everybody coming together as one team. “To me it’s like pretty much the whole team playing as one, just being smart and tough at the same time,” defensive end Oliver Vernon said. “It kind of reminds me of the Spartans in the ‘300’ movie, how all those guys were together facing off against the Persians. It signifies pretty much that: one as a unit.”

I love that Philbin is trying to change the teams mental approach around. That takes time.

Da 'Fins and roy_miami like this.
  9. roy_miami

roy_miami Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Miko said Grimes used to call her and talk to her a lot on the bus ride home but he hasn't been doing that this season. She asked him why and he said he's too busy coaching the young guys, he's always coaching them at every opportunity. I think the vets know whats at stake, they know we have an opportunity right now, and I think they're all business.

Hopefully this stretch springboards them to becoming a great, confident team that wants more, rather than feel like they did it and have already proven something.

Cam Wake, Brent Grimes and a few others deserve to have their stories told during that Super Bowl bye week. Its now or never for them. Get them there Tannehill, it all hinges on you.

10. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    We need to extend Odrick. The guy plays 76% of our DT snaps, has a great work ethic, and is talented. That's the kind of player you win titles with.

11. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    I think that we will extend Odrick as long as it is feasible and fair for both sides. He is a very important player for us and I like him alot. Also, as long as the younger players listen to the vets and play to the whistle and continue to play how we have been as of late then I think our team will be fine. I actually think that besides our players getting better each and everyweek, I feel the same about our coaches improving as well. I have been one to crcriticize Philbin and had been disappointed with him, I feel that even he has improved quite a bit and I hope both the players continue to improve each week and everyone stays focused and realizes that it is as a TEAM they will get to where all of us fans have been desperately waiting for them to get to. I also thank our lucky stars that we hired Dennis Hickey and he has been a tremendous asset to our team. Again, if we keep this up then I want us to keep Philbin and ALL of our current staff as I am really tired of rebooting every three years and starting over. Let's go Fins and continue to keep your noses to the grind and get better every week and as a TEAM we will get to the BIG DANCE and bring the LOMBARDI back to MIAMI where it belongs. GO FINS!!!!

12. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    That's fine. You pay players like him. He's worth the money. 5 years 25 mil. Done. He is one of the players who lets us run our flexible defense.

13. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Honestly I think it will take more in the range of 5/30 or 5/35

Probably closer to the second.

14. Canad-phin

Canad-phin Active Member

Oct 17, 2012
    I'm fine with that to be honest. I think he's worth it

15. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think he is too. Just pointing out it will probably be in that range based on other salaries at his position. Not sure if it was the main forum or club level where someone posted salaries of comparable DTs.