1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Announcement for Sun Life Stadium

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Hooray for the NFL doldrums. Anyway, the Miami Dolphins official twitter has said in an announcement there will be a BIG [Yes they put all Caps] announcement about Sun Life Stadium in about an hour.

Anybody have their bets on what it is? Will it be anti-climatic and saying they're moving seats closer, which we already know, or will it be about a partial roof or something else? Re-building the Orange Bowl next door? Banning Rex Ryan from entering Sun Life in 2011?

2. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    *Sigh* It's going to take a new venue to get the Super Bowl back down here Ross....
    The NFL would rather have workers getting hit by ice, and, people getting sold seats
    that don't exist than playing in, at worst, some rain.

DolfanJake and MikeHoncho like this.
  3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    wrestlemania 28

Trowa, CashInFist and unluckyluciano like this.
  4. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Wrestlemania 28(fake wrestling) according to Mike Berardino

That's a bummer

5. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    LOL! Well, cool. Any money the stadium can generate is good.

6. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    :spam::lol:

7. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Oh, yeah I guess they need to find ways to make money once the Marlins leave. Wrestlemania and the Water Park are the first two. Did they start building that water park yet?

8. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Waterpark talk in the Dolphins main....... seriously. :shifty:

9. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

So no Orange Bowl?

[​IMG]

10. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    suits dont have the street logic to understand what that stadium needs...noone gets it....they just keep losing millions because of it....Bunch of fu%$in losers.

DolfanJake and NaboCane like this.
  11. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    A compelling product to go see there?

12. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...it's gonna be a waterpark on wheels open 24/7 365 inside the stadium. On Gamedays, they'll just move it three times to whatever side of the field the Dolphins aren't using.

13. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Grab your tubes dudes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Theres a lot more to it than that Garry.

15. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

muscle979 likes this.
  16. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So the waterpark will be on the side of the field were driving on offense?

17. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Ok. It's going to be a long offseason..What more is there?

18. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    I was going say the redzone.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  19. bamadolphin

bamadolphin New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    i bet there gonna have a fist pumping machine on the dolphins side line........... right next to where the kicker sits

DolfanJake likes this.
  20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    ...seriously? Is this a joke? This was the big announcement? WTF? Seems random for the Dolphins to make this announcement (given they own the place) —you'd think this would be Dolphins-related. SMH.

21. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    So what was the big announcement after all ?

22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Ive gone there a million times, so its hard to summarize without feeling that iam sounding redundant to others..

I'll just say this...That stadium for other teams is like playing our team on a neutral site, They are at no disadvantage by playing us at that place...none {its why people long for their hot 1 oclock start times, lol}..on top of that, there is no intimacy between the fans and their players, construction is my beef Gary, thus resulting in inconsistent unemotional play, and countless flat performances..

Basically, our players have to always be self motivated, for there is no ENERGY SOURCE FROM THEIR OWN FANS for them to drink from...we cannot produce the energy that is needed for them to feel like we are with them in their battle.

Completely not our fault.

Dan Marino was the only advantage we've had in that place. He just didn't give a sh$3..

Last year, Kirk herbstreit could not explain the eerie difference of why the canes were so flat in such a big game, he came so close to nailing it and calling it out on national TV... best word he used was '' a corporate feeling'', and he didnt like it, and he doesn't think that its condusive to college football.....It was his first time seeing them play in that stadium, compared to where he used to watch them dominate for 53 strait. [right, that had everything to do with talent, and nothing to do with intimidation from the OB and how it was built...sure it didnt.}

Bottom line....Intimacy creates noise, intimacy creates excitement, when a fan feels like he can affect a game, he becomes louder, when he feels like he can affect his players performance, he becomes loudest..If the fan feels like there is no connection, fan sits on *** and waits for player to make fan cheer, intimacy is an energy source for players playing a gladiator sport..

''No life' stadium' cannot provide that platform for its players..

1 and 6 at home, but nobody knows why....lol...laughable and obvious to me, dismissed to the product on the field to others...

ask yourself this...Why did we have a great reputation as one of the loudest fanbases in the league, and now were considered the worst.?

If people dont think this reputationa is affecting our players, imo, their out of touch of what makes a man tick, and what pushes a professional athlete to reach their optimum level of cardiac output..

I kept that as short as I could...

CashInFist and Trowa like this.
  23. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Oh, ok. I thought it was some new or profound fact. I completely agree with you for
    the most part, and I think that....*HOPEFULLY* when the Marlins move out the seating can
    be overahauled. The trend though these days seems to be to move the fans farther away
    from the games, rather than closer to, so who knows?

24. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Who the hell is Kurt Kurbstreet?

Oh, and 1-7*, not 1-6.

25. Pagan

Pagan Metal & a Mustang

Mar 22, 2008
    Newburgh, NY
    Who wants to bet it's the announcement of P. Diddy becoming part owner and re-recording the Dolphins' fight song?

26. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Sweeeet!! I'd love to hear Livesay's version of the dolphins fight song though! That would get the place rockin on gamedays!

27. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You're in luck. There'll be one on their next album- "Giant Vagina Eyeball Being Attacked By Spaceships II: Intergalactic Ocular Pussification". It will be available on iTunes.

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    lol...it was late and I was drunk when I wrote that...and angry...sorry man..lol

29. caneaddict

caneaddict Season Ticket Holder

Dec 4, 2007
    I've always felt that these huge investments in the stadium don't make sense. The problem is structure, and it can't be fixed easily. The stadium was built to accomodate a soccer field. Now no matter what you do to upgrade the stadium, the fans are just sitting too far away from the action. A football stadium should be designed for noise and intimidation. To that end I would build a stadium that starts as close to the field as the NFL rulebook allows and then have it rise vertically rather than outwardly (like stadium seating in a movie theater versus the old style theaters). Have the opposition feel like the fans are sitting over their heads and they are down in a dungeon. Build the stadium out of materials that amplify sound and work the structure to magnify acoustics.

djphinfan likes this.
  30. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    2-6. We beat the SteAlers

31. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I agree 100%.

As a Cane, I'm truly envious of The Swamp and Tiger Stadium.

djphinfan likes this.
  32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    OB2 built with intimidation and tangible crowd noise in the blueprint would pay for itself in the long run...It would reunite a community to 2 incredibly once proud franchises, and all that that entails.

Agua and Hurricane like this.
  33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I wish we could start a movement, and somehow get the suits to understand what they are doing to our 2 beloved programs by not acknowledging this critical problem.

34. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Jesus.

Just when this franchise and it's decision making can't get any more embarrassing.

35. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I'm all with you. A lot of fans (both Canes and Dolphins) have lost interest. It makes too much sense for all parties involved to construct a new stadium to get them back involved. ESPECIALLY if they want to bring the Superbowl back to Miami.

I don't get how the state's 2 most successful sports teams are stuck with the worst stadium. Where's the logic in that? REALLY!?

djphinfan likes this.
  36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    cane fins are livid man, and justifiably so...they have had part of their heart ripped out, and replaced with a fake one.

What these idiots cannot conceptualize is how much money the lure and aura alone would make....The marketing for the OB2 could capture the interest of the country...Dont think players would want to be a part of that? recruit signings, fans buying tickets and merchandising of it, the proud factor, the connection to your team on an emotional level, people would drive far and wide just to be a part of it..The energy source would motivate men to play at their highest level, thus resulting in better performances, thus resulting in team wins, thus resulting in cha ching.

37. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    And since Ross wants the Dolphins to appeal more to the latina/hispanic/cuban demographic in the area DJ...why not just call it Orange Bowl Dos. lol

But in all seriousness, I agree 100% with you DJ. And as for caneaddict's quote (below)...that thing gave me goosebumps! Start the construction for OB Dos now, using the guidelines below.

Originally Posted by caneaddict
    I've always felt that these huge investments in the stadium don't make sense. The problem is structure, and it can't be fixed easily. The stadium was built to accomodate a soccer field. Now no matter what you do to upgrade the stadium, the fans are just sitting too far away from the action. A football stadium should be designed for noise and intimidation. To that end I would build a stadium that starts as close to the field as the NFL rulebook allows and then have it rise vertically rather than outwardly (like stadium seating in a movie theater versus the old style theaters). Have the opposition feel like the fans are sitting over their heads and they are down in a dungeon. Build the stadium out of materials that amplify sound and work the structure to magnify acoustics.

djphinfan likes this.
  38. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    If they don't understand by now, they never will.

39. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    I'm leaning towards never.

40. DolfanJake

DolfanJake Banned

Jan 15, 2010
    West Miami-Dade County
    Excuse me, but that is 58 straight ! Go 'Canes !

djphinfan likes this.