1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big game for Miami tomorrow night

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Sep 20, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...16-pats-9-changes-face-afc-east-for-dolphins/

Granted, Edgar Thompson is engaging in fuzzy thinking, "if" the Pats had won he could say the same about them "reclaiming the AFC East" blah blah blah.

He does make a good point, the Bills won, the Pats have one win, the Jets are 2-0, last season we started out 0-2 and eventually made up that gap, but it took a collapse by the Jets to make that possible, this year 0-2 is a steeper hole as our schedule is much tougher.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

i don't put much into the strength of schedule, but tomorrow is an important win none the less.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We'll have to play the games either way, however bringing up the rear is not a good place to be, a win over the Colts keeps us in the thick of things when we play the Jets and Bills in a couple of weeks.

4. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    This is a crazy league. Who saw the Packers, Steelers, Titans, or Pats losing today? Eagles get blown out at home? This game is nuts. We can beat anyone on any Sunday. The jacksonville jaguars scare me no less then the Colts or Titans, the way this league is shaping up.

5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    figures Brady, and the pats, finally slump when we have the toughest schedule in the league.

6. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    he sure as **** implied it.

7. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    they were an important part of that "toughness".. if they continue to wane, we won't have played the toughest schedule by the end of the year

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    EXACTLY!!!

The entire SOS thing is such a farce.

Anybody forecasting our SOS abviously already knows how the season for each and every team is going to end.

The only accurate way to predict it is to wait till the season is over.

dolphindebby likes this.
  9. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    every game is a big game for us.

dolphindebby and cnc66 like this.
  10. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    The SOS always has some flaws...........still, you can look at our schedule and it's pretty obvious we play a lot of good teams and wins are gonna be harder to come by than last season.

11. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I agree, they are all getting paid and any given Sunday. Hell, Detroit gave Minnesota a scare today.

anlgp likes this.
  12. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I was gonna start a similarly titled thread, but instead I will bump this one up and offer my own thoughts/feelings on tonight's game. In doing so, I may be stating the abundantly obvious, but here goes anyway...

This is a HUGE game. Almost a must win really. I know, I know, every game is a must win...right? But, if we lose tonight, and have to travel to the west coast on a short week to face a PO'ed (and very talented) SD team, I think we're in big trouble.

This is also our home opener. The mere fact it is a home game makes it important because you always want to win on your home field. But, you combine that with it being the opener, a nationally televised game to boot, and OMG...is this ever a BIG game tonight?

This team needs this game in a major way. Getting back to .500. Staying out of the cellar in the AFCE. Confidence booster. Momentum. The reasons go on and on. Yes sir...this is a HUGE game for our beloved Dolphins.

So, let's go baby! Let's get Peyton, and let's put it to 'em!

CRUSH THE COLTS!!!

padre31 likes this.