1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Bill Lazor and Hope for 2016

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Ryan Tannehill had his best game of his NFL career today.

His much improved long ball was on full display. Amazing accuracy to Parker and Landry, great throws while being pressured and near misses to Stills and Cameron deep.

I love how much his deep ball has improved, but more importantly, love that the shackles have been removed and the Lazor offense of short passes and screens has been eliminated.

The Patriots dared Tannehill to beat them by keeping men in coverage and he found open guys all day long.

I'm back onboard the Tannehill train. With time to throw he looked elite out there today. Long, accurate throws, breaking the pocket several times, throws on the run, a big conversion with his legs on third and twelve. Third down efficiency in third down and long simply because he finally had time to throw the ball. The jump ball to Parker was a thing of beauty, he gave his WR a chance to make a play with a bullrush about to pound him into the ground.

This team came to play for Campbell today- but more importantly, they came to play for Tannehill who had to endure one of the toughest weeks of his life, dealing with the lowlife Grimes and the constant drumbeat of criticism.

This gives me hope for 2016. Fix the OL, bring in the right staff, continue to develop Parker, Lippett, Hewitt and other rookies and we may finally turn it around, with Tannehill finally having the chance to prove the doubters wrong.

2. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    I don't think that was his best game of career. Off the top of my head, last season vs Minnesota was better. He was excellent in that shootout.

Biggest problem with the offense, and therefore Tannehill, is that it is far too dysfunctional and inconsistent. Too many mistakes, bad play calls, penalties, individual breakdowns, etc etc. to be consistent. If they clean up a lot of that, Tannehill can be a good QB. Elite I doubt it, but good enough I think so.

3. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Best thing about this game - good to see Ryan Tannehill finish a season strong. He has been abyssal in final games the first 3 years of his NFL career. Let's hope he can carry the momentum into next season.

Brasfin likes this.
  4. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    For me the best game of his career was the multiple come-from-behind performance to win against RW and Seattle in 2012.

Sumlit likes this.
  5. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I'm with Sumlit. That Minnesota game was great, and I was at it!

Sumlit likes this.
  6. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

He also had a great game against Denver when we last played but a popup INT by Landry marred what was an otherwise great performance.

7. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    This game was a full display of his skillset when given the chance to actually, you know, take chances. Even his incompletions made me smile. Nothing like taking a deep shot on third down instead of throwing short of the first down marker. He rolled out and made excellent throws. The pass to Jennings on third and 13 that was challenged was an EXCELLENT throw on the run. The QB scramble to ice the game was EXCELLENT field awareness. The pass to Sims with just over 2 minutes to go was a thing of beauty. The pass to Williams where he lofted the ball up in the air and let Williams catch it in full stride was spectacular. The deep balls to Parker were perfectly executed. The jump ball to Parker was thrown with a defender about to smother him and gave Parker the chance to use his physical skills to win a tough battle.

Overall, it was an superior display of talent from every angle - And you can argue the NE offense looked a bit out of sync, but their D was simply outmatched by his ability to spread it out and mix it up today. 20 points on the scoreboard does not paint an accurate picture of how excellent it was.

Sumlit likes this.
  8. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    We need more Miko Grimes public outbursts to give positive motivation to Tannehill.

Miko Dolphins MVP!

9. tirty8

tirty8 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Interesting, RT looks good when his line holds up, he has an opportunity to read a defense, he can plant and throw....

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is the o-line...

M1NDCRlME, bran, DolphinGreg and 3 others like this.
  10. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I thought he missed a couple of opportunities to change plays at the line and the offsides misread. He could've really gone for something on that one.

But he did look really solid today. That out to ?Stills on third down was b.e.a.utiful. You could tell he tried to put some pepper in that ball because it came out hot and accurately. That was my favorite throw of the game. Also liked that he gave his guys the chance downfield even if they didn't exactly make the catch. Let it rip.

I think, most impressively, is how accurately he throws downfield when running to the left. He's done it several times this year. Nice stuff.

11. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    What I loved seeing today - the strut and smile on Ryan's face after he had that long run on 3rd down. We so rarely get to see that because he's usually so beat up.

12. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    Tannehill made a strong case for himself today. Definitely a nice game by him. Great to see something like that at least at the end of this disaster of a season. If he can get a better line and continue to improve his pocket awareness he can be the QB we need him to be for sure.

NCPhinFan, Bumrush and Shane Falco like this.
  13. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    Fantastic game from him today. That was a different QB. And everything in me prays that is the QB that's steps on the field game 1 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muscle979 and Bumrush like this.
  14. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Get him an oline and the sky is the limit, neglect the oline and we will see the same thing we saw this year. Let the guy take shots down the field like he did today, his deep ball has improved leaps and bounds from last year.

Shane Falco and NCPhinFan like this.
  15. NCPhinFan

NCPhinFan Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Some of Tannehill's best games as a pro have come against the Patriots at home. He really looked good out there today and with some quality coaching and an offensive line, I think he can be the franchise QB that we all hope he can. I don't know why, but I am really excited and optimistic about the offseason to see what takes place.

16. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    Or maybe this is who he should have been with the right coaches in place to assess and maximize his natural skills.

17. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    Pretty obvious that his kidneys were not bleeding today.

slickj101 and Silverphin like this.
  18. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thank goodness.

Shane Falco likes this.
  19. Coloradotrv

Coloradotrv Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2013
    This.

The swagger after that run, was awesome. RT knows his abilities and knows his talent level. He may never be a top 10 QB, and I don't think we need him to be. He can be good to boderline great if he has the TEAM to back him up.