1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bill Simmons tweets

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by wpgfishfan, Sep 22, 2009.

1. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Made me laugh

My postgame question for Tony Sparano: "Tony, that's one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen. I don't have a question."
    about 2 hours ago from web

Poor Tony Sparano. I haven't seen a coach break down like this since Shooter in Hoosiers.

Dear Miami: You deserve what's about to happen to you. That 3rd and 6 call sucked.

Is there any doubt that Manning wins this game in the final 2 mins? I mean, any? (Pause.) Excuse me, I meant "The Sheriff."
    about 3 hours ago from web

Our entire Monday Night Football crew is calling Peyton Manning "The Sheriff" tonight. I feel like they're trying to test me

BuckeyeKing and TheAnswer385 like this.
  2. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Spot on.

3. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    * Follows Bill Simmons

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    At one point i was ready to throw my remote through my tv I was so sick of hearing them call manning the sherriff, and the general... how stupid. How annoying.

5. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    This has to be the worst thread I've ever seen on thephins.com. Are we seriously having a good laugh at a complete joke of a sports "writer" who is a die hard Patriots fan who is ripping our team? Have I woken up in Bizarro world? When can I rate this 1 star?

steveincolorado and Firesole like this.
  6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Bill Simmons brushes his teeth with Tom Brady's DNA.

siciliansith and MonstBlitz like this.
  7. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Everything he said is true. Our coaching staff blew that final drive and that 3rd and 6 call.

Mainge and texanphinatic like this.
  8. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Wasn't 6 yds just about our average on run plays?

9. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    How can you call half baked comments from a Patriots fan "truth"? Whether it's true or not, any Dolphins fan worth his weight is not wasting his time reading the tweets, blogs, or "writings" of a admitted die hards Patriots fan who has no objectivity whatsoever when it comes to the NFL. And nobody should be laughing at comments like these after a tough loss. And those that are should probably hop on the Patriots bandwagon.

10. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    And the inevitable migration from Finheaven is flushing out.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Bill simmons is a ****ing tard.

Section126 and MonstBlitz like this.
  12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    They dont pay him to be objective, and he never pretends to be. I would find it a lot harder to hear than people who pretend to be objective but do the same. And sorry, lol at anyone calling him a hack. Hes a Pats homer, but hes a solid writer. If you think your better, go prove it and take his job.

What he wrote was the truth. The coaching in this game was awful from playcalling both offense and defense, to time management, everything. After last year, this game was a rude shock to us. Last year this stuff didnt happen.

Mainge likes this.
  13. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    No, he is not a solid writer. He's not anywhere near as funny as he thinks he is and only Patriots fans would find his clever "thoughts" amusing. As far as taking his job, even if I had aspirations of becoming a sports writer, ESPN would never hire me because I'm not a Patriots fan. Seems to be a major qualification for their NFL writers.

And you're calling what he wrote truth? Really? Ok. How about explaining logically how -

1. That was the worst coaching job you've ever seen. We lost a close game to a good team by 4 point and had a chance to win it at the end if Ted Ginn makes that catch. That's the worst coaching job you've ever seen? You don't watch much football do you?

2. The worst coaching breakdown ever. Ok, you don't remember Bill Belichik running off the field with a few seconds left in the superbowl a couple years ago? Again, Ted Ginn catches that ball and we're calling Sparano a genius for not leaving any time on the clock for Indy to score. If you think that was the worst coaching breakdown ever, you really must not be watching much football.

3. We deserved what happened. We do? You wanted that to happen? Are you happy "justice" was served for that "worst coaching job ever". If that's the case, seriously, go buy a Tom Brady jersey and become a Patriots fan. I'm sure there's more room on the bandwagon.

I thought I was just mad about the loss for my harsh reaction to this thread, but it's a week later and I'm still furious about it. The hard on you guys have for Bill Simmons is sickening to me. :pity::pity::pity:

14. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    the guy is also a notorious hater of any Miami sports team, he's a moron and pretty much symbolizes everything thats wrong with ESPN.

schmolioot and MonstBlitz like this.
  15. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The thing with Simmons is that he's not a writer, he's a blogger.

ESPN, in trying to keep up with sites like Deadspin, Kissing Suzy Kolber, Fire Joe Morgan (RIP) and others, is that they've esentially created a watered down version of those blogging sites.

Simmons sucks IMO because not only does he fail to inform us about acutal sports like Peter King, he fails to entertain us like a Drew Magary from Deadspin.

It's like having a camera phone. More times than not it just means you have a ****ty camera and a ****ty phone.

My 2 cents.

16. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    [​IMG]