1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bills fans see their team slowly slipping away

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by calphin, Aug 14, 2008.

1. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

TORONTO - This isn't your typical Buffalo Bills preseason game, eh?

Not with how the franchise has hyped its "Bills Toronto Series" debut Thursday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson, 89, says the team will be sold when he dies.

Thousands of fans shuffled through a free seven-hour tailgate party Wednesday in the heart of downtown Toronto. Buffalo players signed autographs rather than being sequestered in their hotel rooms for customary pre-game preparation. A repetitive loop of Bills highlights splashed across the giant video screen lording above a stage for ear-splitting musical acts. There were cheerleaders, memorabilia displays, interactive games and enough advertising to further numb the senses.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8449410?MSNHPHMA

2. FinsPensFan

FinsPensFan Professional Slacker

Dec 21, 2007
    Wheeling, WV
    For as much as I hate the Bills, I feel bad for the fans of Buffalo. I remember how it was locally for all of the old Browns fans when they moved to Baltimore.

3. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

I agree, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans!!!:up:

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wilson was always semi hated in Buffalo, he was so cheap that really good players always left rather then getting modestly paid.

This is just one more indignity for Bills fans...I'm trying to find a downside....as I recall the Toronto stadium is domed, no more ice box games in December for Miami....

5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Yes, Rogers Centre is a retractable dome. Mainly built that way for the Blue Jays ball games, so they wouldnt be subject to the cold and winds that can be found in Toronto in early april, and late september/october. As far as im concerned, and im sure the Bills should at least be thinking this way too... that dome should be OPEN for their winter home game there against us. At least they dont loose all of their homefield advantage. But I'd assume it will be closed...

6. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    It may be up to Jauron. I know for a fact that T. Dungy can make the call to either open or close the roof 45 mins before the game. I'd imagine that D. Jauron would be given the same privileges.