1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bills game in Toronto will be played under dome

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by ATVZ400, Apr 16, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Bills game in Toronto will be played under dome
    There are some Bills fans disappointed that a home game against a traditional AFC East rival is being played away from Ralph Wilson Stadium, where the Bills would have a distinct cold-weather advantage. The Rogers Centre has a tractable roof that is likely to be closed for the game if the weather is bad. The Bills had no say in their Toronto opponent, Brandon said. In fact, the Bills have struggled to sell out Dolphins games in recent years. They needed corporate buyers to purchase the remaining tickets to avoid a television blackout. That won't be a problem at 54,000-seat Rogers Centre. Game organizers report they already have more than 100,000 ticket requests. -- Buffalo News
    http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl#3

54Fins likes this.
  2. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I asked that question in another forum yesterday.Thanks for the find.

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Id be extremely shocked if the dome isnt closed for this game. Its NEVER open for argo's games. So for our sake, hopefully its closed!!! Sure beats playing the bills in the cold/snow/wind.

4. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Why would you play in an open dome in the Winter? Of course it will be closed and the Barfolo Bills can go whine elsewhere....in a few years they could be playing in another city...maybe that would make the Bill's fans happier????

5. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    :woot:

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Question for residents of Canada: Which team has the bigger fanbase? I would assume it would be the Bills because of their possible move there.

7. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Probably the bills do. Toronto and Buffalo are not that far apart at all. Global... a canadian tv network... the toronto affiliates always show buffalo games on sundays during football season. Plus the tickets are being offered to Buffalo season ticket holders & Toronto Argonauts season ticket holders first, then if you are on the list (which i am, apparently with over 100,000 others) you could have your name drawn for a chance to purchase tickets that are remaining. There are however a very good share of canadian dolphin fans around, like myself :up: But when it comes to the crowd for that game, It will definately seem like a Buffalo homegame... but when you catch it on TV, im pretty sure you'll see alot of Dolphins jerseys there.

And I dont ever see the Bills permanently moving to Toronto.

alen1 likes this.
  8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Ooo ok, thanks bro.

As for the Bills move, I know it was discussed in the past which is why I brought it up. Interesting though, why don't you see that happening? Is it because it is located outside of the USA or does that have no factor in it?

9. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Mostly because it is outside the US, party because I just dont think the city of Toronto would be able to continuously support and NFL team. Rogers center seats over 50,000 people, Argos games are probably lucky to have 20,000, Blue Jays games are the same... unless the team theyre playing is NY, or Boston, or Detroit. The Leafs, for some odd reason always sell out when they suck, but thats because hockey is canada's game, and i'd say about 75% of those tickets are all corporate. The Air Canada Centre holds about 18000-19000. I just cant see it working permanently moving an NFL franchise to Toronto. If it does, it will be just like everything else in Toronto... it would be difficult for the average fan to afford. I could see a couple of games a year working, but not a full schedule. I could be wrong though... It would be interesting to see how the game would have sold if it wasnt buffalo playing there. Just two random NFL teams. I still believe there would be high demand for tickets because it would be a rarity just like the game in London last year, but... definately the fact that it's buffalo playing there, is helping raise alot of interest for the game because they are in a sense a "local" team

alen1 likes this.
  10. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Thats good to hear.

11. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    And they dont give an uck about foobtall in Canada. Hockey and Lacrosse all day up there. They try to act like the CFL is a big deal, but I think they prefer the white dominated sports :shifty:

12. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I wouldnt say that at all. The CFL is a big deal in alot of the cities other than toronto. Also though that could be due to the fact that the smaller cities have smaller stadiums, so theyre always packed and can be pretty rowdy. While hockey is by far the biggest draw sports wise up here, football isnt very far behind. At least in my area it is, more and more kids are getting into it in highschools, universities etc... Its definately gaining momentum. I just think the big problem with Toronto is that is a corporate city. Its mainly business people and office stiffs. Football isnt tradition here as it can be considered in parts of the US, but to say we dont care about it isnt true at all. Id say behind hockey, I wouldnt be surprised to see it #2 on the list for Canadian sports fans.

13. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado

It's being played in a dome because even god doesn't want to see the Bills play:up:

GridIronKing34 and alen1 like this.
  14. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    :lol: Sorry I found that hilarious!:lol:

15. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    But it is true :up:

alen1 likes this.