1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bills lose another one

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by SICK, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
  2. Desides

Desides Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    A blow to the Bills pass defense, the only thing they do right.

Week 1 is not only a should-win, it's a must-win. What would it say about this team if they lose to what looks like the second worst team in the AFC?

3. Wagon Circler

Wagon Circler I come in peace

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Probably the same thing it said last year when we beat you. It's a divisional game, wins aren't free.

And Byrd has a good chance of playing week one but we will see. Bills are super deep at safety anyways. Stopping your run game is more important if we want to win. Maybe dial up another Ricky pass on the goaline and give us chance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Because that's the only way you can beat us. Dan Henning helping you guys out.

5. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    You called it not us. Can't blame the bills for capitalizing.

And the only way we can beat you? I can think of a few other ways. Most include CJ Spiller or Lee Evans. We'll see what happens week 1.

6. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    you guys going to go another year with edwards or you think there's a chance brohm is given the reigns?

7. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Won't happen again this season with Marshall.

8. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Why? We added Brandon Marshall and David Martin.

SICK likes this.
  9. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Woulda, coulda, and shoulda don't win games and for all the Health problems the Bills seem to be having that point can be countered by our lack of a set O-Line into our third year under the Tuna!

The Vagas odds setters don't play the game! Yet I will be most upset if we lose to a depleted Bills unit that has no leadership, field wise, said with respect WC.:yes:

10. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Personally I think Brohm is a scrub. We're in serious trouble if we're trotting Brohm onto the field every week. Trent Edwards is the best of a bad bunch. But hey Trent has never played all 16 games in a season, so can't count Brohm out. Fitzpatrick and Brohm are competing for the backup job, the loser probably gets cut.

Bpk likes this.
  11. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    For me, Fitzpatrick makes more sense for you guys as the Team believes in him more than they do Edwards, granted he will never be a pretty Qb to watch, but the book on Edwards seems to be written.

Fred Jackson was such a beast last yr for the Bills, people do not realize how good "Action Jackson" was, if he is out, or splitting touches the Bills won't be as good of a team imho.

12. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Nobody respects Fred because he's not flashy, but he's deceptively good. If he loses carries to Spiller I won't lose sleep over that.

Bpk likes this.
  13. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    :lol: Dude cmon. Be honest with yourself.

CaribPhin, LandShark13 and SICK like this.
  14. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Brohm is getting the start this week, he could win the job.

15. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    No he's not actually. He just gets to be first at mopping up after Trent with Fitzpatrick not even allowed to play. Same situation as last week but Brohm plays this week, Fitz sits.

16. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    SICK likes this.
  17. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Good news though today about Byrd in regards to his injury.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article105975.ece

18. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Are injuries ever expected to linger? Hamstring pulls are considered minor, but they linger for entire seasons in a few random players.

Bpk likes this.
  19. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Byrd has a history or groin surgeries.

Bpk likes this.
  20. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    All the more reason to take it easy with him, especially since he's likely one of the best players on the team.

Bpk likes this.
  21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Trent Edwards is gonna win that job, no doubt in my mind..The guy is still a young QB, and the best option for them.

Wagon Circler likes this.
  22. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Bills lose 2 more: 4th rd pick Marcus Easley (WR), and 6th rd pick Danny Batten (OLB) are both gone for the year.

Bpk likes this.
  23. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Dropping like flies up in Buffalo.

24. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    What the hell are they doing to these guys? Especially young players like this?

And I thought we were having rough injury issues, sheesh.

25. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Marshawn is still banged up I think.

26. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Different year, same story.

27. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    nobody respects fred because your offensive line is terrible.

28. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    hey...the 30 minutes from the Superbowl JESTS also lost to the bills. we lost to the bills, but we also wiped the floor with them. the difference for us was having a healthy team, vs a team without our starting NT, RB, QB, CB...and i'm not sure who else, but a few others.

The Bills, with a new coach, new regime, and a slew of players missing the first game...in the nice tame early sept weather...we should mop them up. this is the 3rd year of our system, we have a lot less health issues, and we have the more talented team. i'm not saying that to be obnoxious, but throw in schobel retiring...and its not even close. we just have way better, and more stable players and coaches. there's no reason for us to lose the game, other than the football gods frowning upon us.

29. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    You are obnoxious without trying, it's ok. And a homer too, but I'll forgive you.

I like how you use injuries as excuses when you got beat by Ryan Fitzpatrick.

We beat you 31-14 and you just can't accept it, well because you're a homer. You probably don't even know the fins won only 1 more game than the bills last year. But that's reality, you don't want any part of that do you?

If we beat you week 1 you will just come up with some more garbage trying to justify the loss. Whatever.

30. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    WC, we realize you beat us last year. Congratulations. But, go look at who we added in the Off season, compared to who you added.

31. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    I believe there is a saying along the lines of "don't count your chickens before they hatch."

Sure our signings appear to be very good, but what if those guys get injured or bust here? Regardless of the (un)likelihood there's no reason to parade around those paper tigers over someone's head. Let it play out first, then talk your ****.

Bpk, The G Man and Wagon Circler like this.
  32. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I'm not talking my sh**. Currently, our roster is far superior to their roster. It isn't even close. Sure, we can lose someone the next pre season game. But, until that happens, I am judging both teams based on their current roster, and right now, the Bills don't have a chance.

33. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    1 Game, eh?

Funny, I seem to remember that WE beat you once last season. Must suck to know your looking up at us because of that loss.

After dominating you in the first meeting from start to finish, to go up there and lead 14-7 in the fourth then suddenly forget to play sound football and get dominated in one quarter sucks for us to take a loss after leading your team for 7 quarters (going back to the first game), holding your team to 17 pts. in that span (one TD comming with the game out of reach) and then allow 24 in one quarter? No excuses. We messed up, your team capitalized as it should and you won as an NFL team must in that situation. Period.

It's good to sound confident, it being a new season and all, but remember that last season the series was split.

Your only talking about the one you won.

Forget about last season though. I like looking forward. I really wish we could swap the Pats for the Bills and have the rivalry we had back in the day for the #1 spot in the division.

Game 1 will be fun to watch.

34. Wagon Circler

May 7, 2010
    Gilbert, AZ
    Nah it doesn't suck because I didn't expect to sweep the fins. You can't expect to sweep ever I don't think. The fins had 11 wins the year before, the bills had 7. A split is fine by me.

And the argument of 'we choked, so you won, that's why we're better than you' doesn't hold a lot of water. Good teams don't choke. Especially against one of the worst teams in the league (as most put it) the lowly bills. The lowly Fitzpatrick lead bills.

It's going to be a good game week one. I'm guessing a lot of big plays.

ToddsPhins and Bpk like this.
  35. Alex13

Alex13 Welcome to the NEW Miami Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    talent wise we should win, but you know on any given sunday....

Stitches likes this.
  36. Stitches

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    And how much better was our roster than the Texans in 2002? How much better was the Ravens than our team in our lone win from 2007? How much better was the Patriots roster that monday night when we beat them with Feeley?

I'm sure the examples can go on and on, not just for our team, but for everyone.

Just because you have a more talented roster does not guarantee a win in the NFL. Any given sunday a particular team can come out on top. I for one will not be counting victories before they happen or claiming team "x" doesn't have a chance.

37. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    But on Henne Given Sunday, we always win. :shifty:

ASUFinFan and SICK like this.
  38. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    By Brandon Marshall? Agreed.

39. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 New Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

I could care less about you or your forgiveness. If I came across as obnoxious, then good. Its not a matter of acceptance. You beat us 31-14 last year. Fact. We also pounded you 38-10. Its all history.

What I cant accept is the notion of a week 1 loss to a far inferior team. Inferior on every possible level, including ownership...with the shame of ditching the "city" of Buffalo for our neighbors to the north.

If Miami loses to the Bills week 1, then we are simply not a good football team, and will not compete for a deep playoff run.

ps. the drop off of talent between ryan fitz from edwards really isn't that tremendous.

40. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ill change my sig to something of wagon circler liking if we lose week 1......theres no ****ing way that happens.

Anonymous likes this.