1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bills lose another one

Discussion in 'AFC East Rivals' started by SICK, Aug 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Zeke0123

Zeke0123 message board ******* Club Member

Nov 22, 2007
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Again, you're not thinking clearly. You scream homer, but look in the mirror man.

We have the better backs, because we have a much better line, which you purposely left out. We actually have a franchise QB, unlike the Bills who still have a QB competition going on. We also have better tight ends and receivers.

As for defense, no you don't. You do have the much better secondary, but our front 7 is much better than yours. I do expect both defenses to finish in the top 15.

The Bills do have the advantage on STs, but what good is field position when your offense is terrible? And your offense is terrible.

Your afraid because you have no QB, Line, or receivers. And C.J Spiller is going to have a tough time running against a good rush defense because your line is horrible.

3. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Um, no it didn't. Both had 4.4 YPC. So, I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from. Difference between the Bills and Fins rushing attack is, TDs. 22 for us, 6 for the Bills.

Also, replacing lineman does not matter. It's who starts that matters, and the Dolphins have far better starters. I do not know how you cannot see that. Just look at this article.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/07/02/2009-offensive-line-rankings/

We had the number 2 offensive line, and the bills had the 31st ranked offensive line. And we are still looking to improve, and possibly have with John Jerry.

Ok, Manning had more picks than touchdowns after his first season. First year starters tend to struggle. It's the flashes they show that you judge them on, and Henne showed more than enough to be a franchise QB.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. Zeke0123

Nov 22, 2007
    :up:

Anonymous likes this.
  5. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC

Henne: #19
    Sanchez: #23
    Edwards: #33

http://walterfootball.com/fantasy2010quarterbacks_2.php

There's 32 teams BTW.

Mainge likes this.
  6. Zeke0123

Nov 22, 2007
    The point is your basing this discussion on "homerism" when the fact is we have presented multiple unbiased sources that back every claim we have made..you on the other hand have no unbiased sources backing yours.

I realize this is a game of "Paper tigers" but the fact is in that game we are better period.

Anonymous likes this.
  7. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    And? We still had 16 more touchdowns than the Bills. That's what a dominant rushing attack does.

I trust PFF's judgement more than yours. Also:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-olinerankings061810

http://www.capperspicks.com/blog/fantasy-football/2010-offensive-line-rankings-40810/

It isn't funny. None of those QB's showed flashes like Henne. Those were terrible comparisons. At least with Henne, we know we are going to have a better QB than the Bills.

8. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Very classy. Keep it up, and you'll receive the same treatment when the Bills finish the season with 2 wins.

9. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I haven't. But, I have looked at this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1754

Go look at his game logs. Not a single positive game.

Again, keep acting like this and we'll make sure you hear it come December.

10. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    That Edwards sucks and Henne is better.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/417466-my-2010-nfl-qb-rankings

11. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    One game doesn't mean anything. Even if we win, I'll wait until December. That way, you can't say the season will be young. You're team is going to have like 2 wins with a few left to play.

12. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    The first is laughable!! Spiller might be good, Lynch is overrated. I like Jackson, but that's just one. Ronnie and Ricky, when healthy, are better than any of your two combined. You've got to be kidding.

Better defense? Wow!! Not that we have a great one, but not sure how you can even imagine that one.

Better special teams? We have a better kicker, but you might be on to something with the rest. Our STs are nothing special right now.

Equal QB?? :lol:
    Equal receivers :lol:

I'm sorry, and you're calling US homers????

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL

LMAO and you call us homers?

Who on the Bills is equal or greater than Brandon Marshall, and you cant honestly say that the ****ty at best QBs you have are equal to Henne, Pennington and Thigpen.

Edwards is a bust
    Fitz is a journeyman
    Brohm is an unknown
    and Brown is a project.

SICK likes this.
  14. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    "Fins had a bad offense last year. They add Brandon Marshall and now they are these world beaters? Oh but the bills added cj spiller, but he's no Chris Johnson. Only the fins can drastically improve from the addition of one playmaker, not their rivals too! Man that's a stupid argument, I'm sorry but it's horrible."

The Fins didn't have a bad offense last year. You need to read before you spat off stupid posts. Lets see...

We added Marshall while you lost TO.

We have a healthy Ronnie Brown while you have an injured Jackson. We have a pro Bowler Ricky Williams while you have a rookie Spiller.

We have Fasano, Martin and 2 young TE's our staff wont part with, and you have who?

We have a top 5 Oline and you have a 30th or so ranked Oline.

We have a young up and coming Henne while you have a group of terrible Qbs who are still in a "battle of the losers".

"Mcduffie you don't even make any arguments. Everything negative that happens to the fins you say is a fluke. You are an apologist and clearly biased. Maybe your 11 win season is the true fluke, because it's sandwiched by below average finishes. But that's something a homer will ignore."

Why cant you understand that your team sucked last year, and did nothing to improve aside from Spiller? We had only 1 more win yes, but we are heading in COMPLETELY different directions.

'We're gonna be light years ahead on defense and offense!' Why? Because you said so? Miami's D has the potential to be very bad. If I were a fins fan I'd be panicking about the pass defense."

I can't predict the future but I sure as hell can see the difference between our rosters! Our pass defense MIGHT be suspect, where yours was good. But we have a way better front 7, and more than that we have Nolan. You have a 4-3 team switching to an entirely different system in the 3-4!

"Ya but the bills oline sucks! Yet the fins are starting a player from our horrible oline from last year. And this is like the 5th different oline that's been put together since Parcells got to Miami, but hey, who cares right?"

Yes the Bills oline sucks, you are correct. Incognito has improved our already stellar line thank you, maybe you should hold onto good players? We tweaked an already good line. Always room for improvement!

"And Trent Edwards is horrible but Henne is great even though he has more career ints than tds. HOMER!! Truth is Edwards, Sanchez, Henne, are all capable of having good seasons, they are all capable of totally sucking as well."

I cant prove Henne will be great. But I (and Sparano, Parcells, Ireland) feel that we have our QB position set for a very long time. You will be drafting a QB next year if youre smart. I hate Sanchez and think he sucks, but I'd take him over Edwards! Because we sure as hell know what Edwards is! A what, 4th yr veteran? He has no upside at all. He's down right bad. T.O. had his worst year ever with him and that team!

"MonstBlitz is right, you guys dog on jets fans then act the exact same way. The only difference is they went to the playoffs and you won 7 games"

Ok now you using the Jets and the playoffs arguement when it fits your interest....

15. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    I for one am loving the Bills-Dolphins banter. Don't let the rivalry fade!

Wagon Circler, DolfanTom and SICK like this.
  16. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Marshall is a top 3 receiver in this league. Lee Evans isn't even in the top 25. Your second best receiver is Rosco Parrish, who can't touch Brian Hartline. Hartline's 506 last season, his rookie year, would be career highs for Parrish. So I don't know where your idea of our receiving corps being comparable on a talent level came from. And I didn't even mention Bess.

As for Henne, stop. You WISH you had Henne on your team. He's at least proved he can throw a football. He threw for 12 touchdowns last season with Ginn as his number one receiver. Again, career highs for both Fitzpatrick and Edwards. He also threw for more yards in a season that any of them have.

And our back up QB is Pennington. Far from terrible like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

DolfanTom likes this.
  17. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Holy god. Ok then, where does Marshall rank in your eyes? And then tell me where Evans ranks.

DolfanTom likes this.
  18. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Im done with you. You can twist and turn it however you want it. Its easy to do since there is no actual proof for how either of us will do.

A smart person would look at the 2 teams, take what they've done last season, look what they've done this offseason, and make an educated projection. But you refuse. I can't blame you. Its going to be ugly for the Bills this season.

You are obviously horrible at making any kind of projection other than CJ Spiller will save your team.

MikeHoncho likes this.
  19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    The Eye-Test. Marshall doesn't pass it.

20. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    lmao did this guy say the dolphins have equal QBs and WRs to the bills?!?!?!?!? what the bills of 94' ?

21. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    And Karlos Dansby.

Pennington would start for the Bills, and as of yet, the Bills still do not have a NFL quality Left Tackle, not to mention no #2 Wr, your Te was just suspended for 4 games, and you have a brand new defensive scheme with a brand new coordinator, and Aaron Maybin has yet to beat out Reggie Torbor at OLB and your best pass rusher just retired.

And they lost the best ST coordinator in the game.

On the plus side, the Bills can run the ball and have a good secondary unit, two strengths that do not compliment each other, basically the Bills will have to hope to gain an early lead and hope to force your opponents to pass the ball but a running game rarely produces a large early lead..we've seen that in Miami.

ToddsPhins likes this.
  22. DolfanTom

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Who, other than maybe Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald would you have ahead of a guy who is coming off three straight 100-plus catch seasons, and who is a beast that makes plays and is never tackled by the first guy to hit him??

Who?? Randy Moss? Not anymore I'm afraid. Then who? Calvin Johnson? Not yet anyway.

Seriously, who could you possibly list ahead of him other than the two above. You're dreaming dude!

Enjoy your - what is it now - 12th straight season out of the playoffs? Or is it 11, I lost count! :tongue2:

23. DolfanTom

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Amen!

It never will in my eyes. I went to college in Rochester during the last three of the four Jills' Superbowl seasons. Those memories have scarred me for life!!

I don't care what the records, I want to beat the Bills down every time, no matter when or where!! And the Bills fans I personally know feel the same way!! :hi5:

24. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Anyone with a brain has said he is an elite WR, he is among the best in his age group, and he is an elite WR in the NFL.
    Who on the Bills is his equal? Evans? Evans is very good WR and a Fins killer but he is not an elite WR.

25. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Just got through listening to Collin Cowherd. He had Chris Carter on. Chris Carter said Marshall is top 3. Also mention how much more dynamic Marshall makes our offense. Pointed out how well our offense did last year w/o him.

I'll take a HOF'er who played the posistions' take on Marshall over yours.

Just give up.

Frumundah Finnatic and DolfanTom like this.
  26. DolfanTom

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    And with the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select ...

ToddsPhins, jetssuck and Zeke0123 like this.
  27. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    He looked pretty damn #3 last week.

28. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    Andre and Fitz, yes. Calvin, Moss and White, maybe. No way do I take Jennings and Boldin over him.

I've heard many people say he's a top 3 receiver, top 5 at worst. It's not just us that say that.

http://www.bolthype.com/2010/02/top-5-wide-receivers-in-nfl.html

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8190a5d5/Best-in-the-biz

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/best-receivers-in-n-f-l-the-top-10-list/

http://dallascowboystimes.com/2010/05/top-25-wide-receivers-in-the-nfl-andre-johnson-leads-the-pack/

I agree that he is not going to catch 100 passes. Maybe somewhere around 80-90. But, I don't see why it's crazy to assume Marshall is going to catch 10 touchdowns this season for the Dolphins, if not more. He is certainly better that anyone the Bills have. And, Hartline and Bess are better than anyone the Bills have, after Marshall. So no, our group of receivers are not very comparable.

Frumundah Finnatic and Bpk like this.
  29. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I think the truth is somewhere between our biased Miami-fan opinions and Wagon Circler's sobering ones. lol.

Wagon Circler likes this.
  30. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This is delusional. I apologize if I come off as rude, but I'm just calling it as I see it. Utter delusion.

You do not have better running backs. Until proven otherwise, your best RB is Fred Jackson, and he's hurt. Marshawn Lynch had a nice rookie season and has done nothing since. CJ Spiller has yet to take a meaningful snap.

You do not have a better defense. Last season you had a better pass defense, second only to the Jets in the entire NFL in fact, but two problems with that. One, Jairus Byrd is injured, which means you lose some turnovers while he's out. And two, you've switched from the 4-3 to the 3-4. It's not the same defense as last year. You don't get to count the defense as an asset until it succeeds in the new scheme. (And I feel the exact same way about the Dolphins defense, so please don't try to use that against me.) While your secondary is the best group on your team, you've lost Aaron Schobel and any semblance of pass rush that came with him.

The Bills indeed had better special teams and returners, until you lost your ST coach and the Dolphins upgraded at returner with Nolan Carroll and upgraded the bottom of the roster. Special teams are a huge "wait and see" on both teams.

Better QBs and receivers? In what universe? Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm collectively and individually scare no one. Fitzpatrick and Brohm in particular were run off from their original teams due to high degree of ineptitude. Edwards has had some nice games, but more often than not he's done nothing of value in the NFL. I'm not even going to explain why a depth chart of Henne, Pennington, and Thigpen is superior: it's obvious. As for the receivers... you lost Owens and Reed, James Hardy hasn't panned out, and Lee Evans hasn't made noise in three years. As for the Dolphins... Brandon Marshall. That's about all that has to be said here.

I'm glad that you're sticking up for your team, but be honest in the process. Your roster has lost far more than it's gained this offseason. For example I note you avoided bringing up your offensive or defensive lines. You're terrible at the line of scrimmage. How will your QBs outperform Chad Henne if they're pressured, hurried, sacked, and eventually injured? How will you stifle the Dolphins offense if you can't get past our front five?

You have very little to be proud about right now, beyond your owner's dogged insistence that the team stays in the city.

ToddsPhins, Agua, Mainge and 3 others like this.
  31. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    100 catches is not that big a deal....a little more then 6 catches a game. Marshall caught over 20 passes in ONE game from a crappy QB. I think he will make about 110 catches. I'm glad you like the WR's you listed over Marshall. I would take about 25 WR's over Lee Evans. :tongue2:

jetssuck and Mcduffie81 like this.
  32. Mcduffie81

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    For the record, my arguement isnt whether or not hes top 3. I'm pointing out the fact that Chris Carter thinks he is. CC's spoken opinion of a wide receiver holds a lot of weight like it or not.

Maybe B Marsh in the past has acted "bat**** crazy', but that hasnt stopped him from putting up insane numbers. Instead you'll take a past-his-prime Moss who mails it in all the time if things arent going his way? He's a headcase too.

The others you've listed are good, but not Fitz, A Johnson, Marshall, or Cal Johnson good.

33. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He is in the same class as Andre Fitz and Calvin. Can Moss keep it up at a high level? That is the question, but White, Jennings and Boldin are not better than Marshall.

ToddsPhins and jetssuck like this.
  34. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    Being delusional will make it a lot easier being a Bills fan this year...... at least he has that going for him

ToddsPhins likes this.
  35. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Holy **** this guy is hilarious. He's really got you guys all riled up. I mean, no sane person would believe any of that.

Man that Colts pre-season game really has them all fired up.

36. Anonymous

Jul 5, 2009
    I looked at his entire career. He isn't better than Hartline or Bess.

I gave you like 4 links of top 5 or 10 receivers. And Marshall was in the top 5 for each of them.

37. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Why do people keep saying that Marshall wont come close to 100+ passes again? Its ******ed. Henne is by far a better QB than Kyle Orton, and Miami has at least an equal supporting cast around him. If BMarsh isnt catching 100 balls its because R&R started tearing up defenses early and we don't have any reason to pass other than the minimum.
    We aren't going to force it - remember, Denver was a big rushing team as well and Marshall put up 100 catches there too.

Andre Johnson is easily the best WR in the league. After that its a toss up between Marshall, Fitz and CJ.

Moss/White/Jennings/Wayne/Boldin are all good, but not in the same class as those 4.

Bills offense being as good as Miami's is laughable. Running backs, hell we could call it a draw just to make you happy. But our OL is superior and will do a better job of opening holes and protecting the passer. There is not a GM in the league that would take any of your QBs over Henne. It would be a toss up if they would take them over Thigpen or Pennington.

As for wideouts, Marshall is better than Evans by miles, and who exactly do you have after him?

Defense is somewhat closer, simply because you do have a solid pass defense. Ours is still young and making some mistakes - hopefully that starts improving, time will tell. However, our LB corps and DL are superior. You have no semblance of a passrush and issues at NT.

Special Teams in Buffalo isn't all that special anymore. Phins have admittedly struggled with it, but the return game looks to be more consistent. Ginn could be a home run if he had a seam, but mostly he was running to the sideline.

Sorry man, your insane if you think the Bills have the talent to match any other AFCeast team, or anything but a bottom feeder. Thats not to say playing Buffalo is an auto-win, division games often get tough. But if you win 2 of 6 divisional games I would be surprised. More than 6 total and thats a better season that most would have thought.

38. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    *subscribes to this thread for september 13th* :evil:

39. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I almost spilled my coffee when I read that!

The only thing I would give the Bills is a better special teams.

40. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Lemme see.
    A former rushing champ, well established guy, Ricky.
    A top 10 RB in Ronnie.
    Top 3 fullback.

You have Fred Jackson, who is pretty good...but he doesn't even have 2k career yards. Yeah, he had a good season last year but waht does that say about the ugliest player in the league that you have at RB? Not only he is average, at best, numerous reporters have claimed that he is immature and childish. Not to mention your Oline....or the lack there of I should say.
    Im not trying to blast you man, Im not. I like the fact that you come in here and protect your team, but comming out here and saying "equal QBs, equal WRs and better RBs" is just comical.

ToddsPhins and SICK like this.
  41. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    More versatility, without putting too fine a point on it. You'll probably end up having better depth with the addition of Spiller, since I'm not wild about guys like Hilliard and Cobbs, but the games have yet to be played.

I didn't say the Dolphins defense is better. I said the jury is out on both due to huge offseason changes, therefore you cannot say the Bills defense is better. I even said it in my post: "(And I feel the exact same way about the Dolphins defense, so please don't try to use that against me.)"

Yes, the Dolphins DL is better than the Bills DL. I'm fully confident about the lineups and rotations at each DL position for the Dolphins, especially with Phil Merling gone for the year. I'm not a Merling fan.

I'm pretty sure the Jets--you know, the NFL's best pass defense in 2009--has plenty of respect for Henne. Perhaps you should rewatch Monday Night Football in week 5 of 2009?

Listen, I'm not prone to hyping Henne up the way most other people on this forum tend to do. They do speak of him as if he's already Aaron Rodgers, or close to him, whereas I got some flak for comparing his crappy first 2010 preseason game to Rodgers' excellent first 2010 preseason game and finding Henne seriously lacking. But at the same time, I've seen him play in 2009, he has a 7-6 starting record, and he showed a lot of potential that can be drawn out with the addition of Brandon Marshall and the return of David Martin, who was a huge factor for our offense in 2008.

This isn't a Jets fan/blind Sanchez hype situation. Sanchez had a horrendous first season but people act as if that's the elephant in the room, particularly national media. Henne had a decent first season and has the tools to get better. Henne was far from the problem in 2009, whereas on the Jets, Sanchez is the weakest link.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how Edwards/Fitzpatrick/Brohm is better than Henne/Pennington/Thigpen.

Wagon Circler and DePhinistr8 like this.
  42. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    This, that, and all of the above.

43. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    WC are you gonna leave if the Bills lose?

44. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Ross and Shine we're kicking around "who's the worst team in the NFL" this morning. They both said Tampa, St.Louis, or Buffalo.

45. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    ill admit it right now, i dont wanna sound like a queer or nutthin...but id really like to make love to you.....

wait what?

RickyBobby and Phinperor like this.
  46. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    From the smartest Bills fan I know:

ToddsPhins, Anonymous and Desides like this.
  47. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

Actually, I pretty level headed and telling guys to stop looking through aqua color glasses all the time, but I guess your Bills colored glasses are thicker.

But I married into a Bills family, and I understand Bills fans, so it does not surprise me!

48. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    She does not watch football

Her family is Giant and Bill fans, half live up that way and have Bills season tickets.

49. Frumundah Finnatic

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I wish I knew how to quit you.

SICK and Wagon Circler like this.
  50. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Where, Canada? :shifty:

51. NJFINSFAN1