1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackberry apps?

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by charlestonphan, Feb 6, 2009.

1. charlestonphan

charlestonphan Junior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    recently got a blackberry, and was wondering if anyone has any cool blackberry widgets or downloads (free preferably, but am willing to check into something really cool and pay for it), i don;t yet know about.

i realize i should have gotten an iphone if i wanted lots of toys, but went with a blackberry.

NFL.com wants 3.99 a month for their blackberry news service, but i know espn's site optimized for blackberry is free and has everything i need.

i think weather channel wants a subscription fee as well.

i have facebook, MLB, and espn's free content optimized for facebook, and also found out that weight watchers has a blackberry friendly site as well, which is awesome for me.

i lost 75 pounds on WW ad exercise between may and november of last year, and kept it off with little extra effort thus far. it's cool to track my points without being chained to the computer to do so.

just wondering what y'all might have found? thanks!

Boik14 likes this.
  2. GatorDrew84

GatorDrew84 New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Google has some incredible apps. I personally use their gmail and maps application all the time. To download them, go here on your phone: http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/

What carrier are you with?

3. charlestonphan

Mar 22, 2008
    thanks Gator i will check them out, i am with ATT

4. GatorDrew84

GatorDrew84 New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    AT&T should work great with Google's mapping application. You should be able to utilize it's GPS functionality. I'm with Verizon and they made it so the only way you can utilize their GPS is if you use Verizon's own mapping thing. Sucks.

5. charlestonphan

Mar 22, 2008
    thanks Gator... you are right, both the gmail and maps functionality are awesome!

6. Padre

Padre New Member

Nov 27, 2008
    The google apps are great - I use maps all the time but here is another handy app
    thebogles(dot)com/blog/projects/berry411/

Beyond411 (formerly berry411)
    is like having the yellow pages on your blackberry - search/click/call

very easy to use and set up - it is also great if you travel

charlestonphan likes this.
  7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Crackberry website and forum has a lot of app references. You should check them out.

8. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/builtforblackberry/all_apps.jsp - I use the Etrade and ESPN ones on my BB Storm.

http://www.squidoo.com/blackberryapps - I use the Twitterberry app, aim, yahoo, i just started using the gym technik app.

Also this is great for free movies http://www.videos4blackberry.info/joomla/ - Just make sure you get or have an external memory card to save the movies to. If you save it to the phone its gonna mess up your phone unless you have a storm which has a bigger internal memory...even that I wouldnt recommend since it comes with an 8GB external memory card.

9. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If anyone is still looking for stuff for their berry you can find more stuff here. Most of the alps are free or cheap : www.blackberry.com/apps

10. Boik14

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    That's not true. I'm pretty sure that on the storm you can get 3rd party nav systems. I'm pretty sure that's the only blackberry they enabled for it though.