Blanket Coverage: Time running out for Tannehill to show Dolphins growth
406 replies
"adamprez2003 wrote:
he doesnt say he's a top ten qb only that his stats are. one cant quantify "leadership" and "pocket presence" and having that "it" factor
I am amazed at how many people want to ditch a top 10 QB. How many times have we had a top 10 QB not named Marino?
Sounds like he said top 10 QB to me, which is as idiotic as it gets.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
only a pats fan would call that a terrible call
Yeah, I'm the troll, right?
Take a look at the play again. Our DB put hands on their pass catcher, I believe it was their tight end, Gillmore. Gillmore put his arm out too. Our DB flopped and fell. Flag tossed, TD negated.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Fin-O wrote:
I am amazed at how many people want to ditch a top 10 QB. How many times have we had a top 10 QB not named Marino?
Sounds like he said top 10 QB to me, which is as idiotic as it gets.
my bad. you're right. i was reading some of the comments below that post and thought one of them was his


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"finsfandan wrote:
Yeah, I'm the troll, right?
Take a look at the play again. Our DB put hands on their pass catcher, I believe it was their tight end, Gillmore. Gillmore put his arm out too. Our DB flopped and fell. Flag tossed, TD negated.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you root for the patriots in the playoffs and you're the only one that keeps harping on that being a bad call. thought that was a great call but then i root for the dolphins


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
Isn't Tannehill on pace to be only the fourth guy to throw for 3k in each of his first four seasons in NFL history?
"adamprez2003 wrote:
you root for the patriots in the playoffs and you're the only one that keeps harping on that being a bad call. thought that was a great call but then i root for the dolphins
My dad is from Boston and so is his best friend. Family over football. I root for the Dolphins when they play against the Pats.
I'm the only one? Everybody that's not a Dolphins homer agrees with that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"resnor wrote:
Isn't Tannehill on pace to be only the fourth guy to throw for 3k in each of his first four seasons in NFL history?
yeah. but thats only because of the receivers. his sacks are his fault though. he's probably apporaching a record for that too. most sacked qb in his first four years


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"resnor wrote:
Isn't Tannehill on pace to be only the fourth guy to throw for 3k in each of his first four seasons in NFL history?
So what? Off of how many attempts? What's his YPA? He's also got the record for most consecutive completions when his team was playing out of its mind. These stats have zero context whatsoever.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"finsfandan wrote:
My dad is from Boston and so is his best friend. Family over football. I root for the Dolphins when they play against the Pats.
I'm the only one? Everybody that's not a Dolphins homer agrees with that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so you were rooting for the patriots to beat the giants in the two super bowls


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"finsfandan wrote:
My dad is from Boston and so is his best friend. Family over football. I root for the Dolphins when they play against the Pats.
I'm the only one? Everybody that's not a Dolphins homer agrees with that.
Yeah that's not pass interference. I remember thinking it wasn't when watching it live too. We got a few calls in that game, but the officiating has just been so horrible in the past few weeks I guess that's what to expect now.
"finsfandan wrote:
So what? Off of how many attempts? What's his YPA? He's also got the record for most consecutive completions when his team was playing out of its mind. These stats have zero context whatsoever.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brother...give it up. If these guy's are STILL defending his play and carrying on as if he is any kind of an asset to this team?? Then you have to recognize who you are arguing with and simply tone it down to playfully poking fun instead of actually debating.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"resnor wrote:
Isn't Tannehill on pace to be only the fourth guy to throw for 3k in each of his first four seasons in NFL history?
That crappy QB in Seattle who thrives off his defense and RB is...
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
so you were rooting for the patriots to beat the giants in the two super bowls
Yes I did. I will always root for my friends and family's teams once my team is out of it. I'm not ashamed not even one bit. You can stay on your high horse and pretend you're a better fan for it but I've always been a Dolphins fan even though they've sucked my entire life.
Just like you pretend you're smarter than me and question my literacy despite your atrocious grammar... even though I challenged you to prove your superiority.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"cbrad wrote:
Yeah that's not pass interference. I remember thinking it wasn't when watching it live too. We got a few calls in that game, but the officiating has just been so horrible in the past few weeks I guess that's what to expect now.
Exactly. Thank you.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Fin-O wrote:
Brother...give it up. If these guy's are STILL defending his play and carrying on as if he is any kind of an asset to this team?? Then you have to recognize who you are arguing with and simply tone it down to playfully poking fun instead of actually debating.
I know, I know. I just can't believe it. I choose to believe they can realize the truth but maybe they can't.
I can't playfully poke fun. I've rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and invite way too many personal attacks.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"finsfandan wrote:
Yes I did. I will always root for my friends and family's teams once my team is out of it. I'm not ashamed not even one bit. You can stay on your high horse and pretend you're a better fan for it but I've always been a Dolphins fan even though they've sucked my entire life.
Just like you pretend you're smarter than me and question my literacy despite your atrocious grammar... even though I challenged you to prove your superiority.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that means you were rooting for the patriots, our enemy, to surpass our team's greatest achievement.........."the perfect season" the one thing we hold above every other franchise in all four major sports



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"adamprez2003 wrote:
yeah. but thats only because of the receivers. his sacks are his fault though. he's probably apporaching a record for that too. most sacked qb in his first four years
Actually R. Wilson is sacked at a 9% rate per drop back , Ryan is at 7.6.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
He's averaging 7.1ypa, 21 td 11 ints, 3k+ yards. Bet he'd love to have an oline that he could actually depend on. I doubt his stats would improve, or his pocket presence would look better if he had an NFL caliber line.
"adamprez2003 wrote:
that means you were rooting for the patriots, our enemy, to surpass our team's greatest achievement.........."the perfect season"
Yeah, I don't care about that. I want us to be relevant at some point during my lifetime, not cling onto something that happened when my dad was 9 years old.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Fin-O wrote:
Actually R. Wilson is sacked at a 9% rate per drop back , Ryan is at 7.6.
"resnor wrote:
He's averaging 7.1ypa, 21 td 11 ints, 3k+ yards. Bet he'd love to have an oline that he could actually depend on. I doubt his stats would improve, or his pocket presence would look better if he had an NFL caliber line.
Read above...
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"
"resnor wrote:
He's averaging 7.1ypa, 21 td 11 ints, 3k+ yards. Bet he'd love to have an oline that he could actually depend on. I doubt his stats would improve, or his pocket presence would look better if he had an NFL caliber line.
Take out all the YAC from those early Campbell games and he's closer to the 22nd, 27th and 28th YPA rankings of 2014/13/12 respectively.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Fin-O wrote:
That crappy QB in Seattle who thrives off his defense and RB is...
Yes, he's also going to do it.
And literally no one has ever said that Wilson is crappy.
"resnor wrote:
Yes, he's also going to do it.
And literally no one has ever said that Wilson is crappy.
Really? Adam said he'd be waived by us. But maybe he meant we're stupid. Perhaps somebody can find that quote.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"finsfandan wrote:
Take out all the YAC from those early Campbell games and he's closer to the 22nd, 27th and 28th YPA rankings of 2014/13/12 respectively.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
take away all of brady's touchdowns and he's out of the league as a qb failure


2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock
Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"
"resnor wrote:
Yes, he's also going to do it.
And literally no one has ever said that Wilson is crappy.
Maybe not you, but remember you are on a board with people who were calling Ryan Tannehill a top 7 QB, so laughable extremes aren't all that uncommon around here.
"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"