1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleacher Report Post-Draft Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Unlucky 13, May 4, 2015.

1. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Coral Reefer likes this.
  2. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    I tend to agree.. I like the additions we made this off season but were setup for failure this year with the schedule. 9-7 is my guess at this point. Entirely new offense team so it's going to take some gelling, AFC east got real tough. I think we need to win the division to sniff the playoffs..

3. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Everyone always says our schedule is a killer when it comes out. Teams rise, teams fall. This year will be no different.

4. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    not sure why people think we have a killer schedule. outside the division, it looks more manageable than it has the past couple of seasons.
    - If we get even average guard play out of Billy Turner and (hopefully) Jamil Douglas we have a shot at 10 wins.
    - if we get contributions from some of our rookies like Ajayi, Philips and McCain and they can work into the rotation, that increases our odds.

My biggest hope for this draft was a couple of starters and seriously increase our depth from draftees and UDFA. Lack of depth killed us in the 2nd half of last season.

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    It should be noted that even though this report has the Dolphins ranked tenth at this time, it also has the Patriots and Bills ranked 1st and 8th. So basically it has the Dolphins finishing exactly where it did last season. In 3rd place in the AFC East behind both the Patriots and the Bills.

6. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    Always...

7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think that the whole division will beat one another up though, and the Bills and Jets have schedules as hard or harder than ours.

8. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    We either make the playoffs or philbin is gone, either way i will be happy.

9. LI phinfan

LI phinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Thanks for stopping that small amount of sunshine and optimism from warming our faces...is the glass ever half full in your pessimistic Dolphin world? lol

10. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    I don't know, we all said that last year....don't underestimate Stephen Ross's commitment to mediocrity.

11. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Yeah, the mobile site can be frustrating for their own articles, but its an excellent way to gather a lot of Fins links all in one place. I don't do twitter, and its a good way to read those regarding the team too if you're like me.

12. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Actually I have a lot of hope for this team once Philbin is gone after the 2015 season is over. I have been saying all along that I think this will be a definite playoff team starting in 2016.

With a new and hopefully better head coach and one more draft to add to the talent on the roster, I can see the Dolphins winning the division in 2016.

Unfortunately we just have to suffer though one more year of Coach Mediocre before we hopefully get to the promise land.

LI phinfan likes this.
  13. Piston Honda

Piston Honda Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2014
    I have the Dolphins as the 4th or 5th best team in the AFC right now, behind the Pats-Broncos and by a slight margin the Colts. The issue is that the gap between 4th and 10th is razor thin. A bad break or untimely injury is the only thing separating the Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Bills, Texans, Jets, Chargers, Chiefs, etc.

Aqua4Ever04 likes this.
  14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Sorry Unlucky...you lost me at 'Bleacher Report'.... Have no respect for that 'internet' rag...

15. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Dude...you've got to look at what Indy did last year and put them at #1 or #2. I understand if you want to put the Patriots on top because they won the Super Bowl but Andrew Luck took the Colts on the road and went to the AFC Championship with a team that I didn't think had much of a defense and very few weapons. With all the pieces they've added this year, they have to be the favorite or at least right there with the Pats.

In any case, I agree that Miami has a hill to climb--a bigger hill than I thought going into last season. I thought Miami was right there with the Colts but apparently I was wrong. Miami's defense fell apart last year and with Philbin tentatively steering the ship, there's a specter floating over this team.

16. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Everything the Colts did improved their offense though...which was not their problem. That team got ran over by Blount in the playoffs So what do they do? Sign Andre Johnson, Frank gore, and draft Philip dorsett?

17. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    they have the best offense on paper in football..we'll see how it goes.

18. Piston Honda

Sep 23, 2014
    Yeah, what did Indy do last year? Rack up wins vs crap teams while getting blown out by the better ones. Ask the Patriots who they'd rather play and they'll pick Indy over Miami every time.

Frank Gore, who SF didn't want any more. Dre, well past his prime, I'd rather have Jennings. Dorsett? They already have Hilton to play that role, I'd rather have Parker. What'd they do about OL and the run defense that made Blount look like Walter Payton?

Theyll win 11 games bc their division sucks but I don't see them as significantly better than the Steelers, Ravens, Dolphins, Bengals.

19. Piston Honda

Sep 23, 2014
    Lol @ on paper.

How bout on grass?

20. Piston Honda

Sep 23, 2014
    Assuming every team stays healthy, yeah. I wish it were that simple.