1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blimey wives are annoying

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by syborg, Aug 31, 2009.

1. syborg

syborg New Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Taunton, United Kingdom
    I married 2 yrs ago and we have a small son who is 19 months
    My mother in law is unstable and so has no access to her grandson but is fighting us through the court to be allowed to see him.
    All the professionals involved think she should only be allowed indirect access,

Now I earn to much to get help with legal fees and so as a result to contribute to the bills I sold my laptop and PS3. . both hurtful things to do.

Well my wife does not work. . but does stay home to take care of the kids. . a 7 yr old (in school) and a 4 yr old starts 1st Sept (both from her previous) and our baby boy.

As she does not earn I have got her contract phone which is up just this week.
    She is upset we sold the laptop and wants it replaced I am upset I sold the PS3 and want it replaced. . she said therefore we should get a wii as a compromise and a family gift for xmas.
    Now some moblie contracts in the UK give you a free gift. . laptop; wii; ps3; psp etc. .now she suggested getting the wii on a new contract. . now remember she cant get a contract on account of her not earning. . I said we should replace the PS3 as it is more expensive than the wii and we can find cash for the wii if she really wanted it.

BOY was I wrong. . wow,. . I got all manner of argument about how Im selfish it was her contract and her choice etc. .

A wii in the UK is about £125-£150 whereas a PS3 is about £300+ no brainer right. .(double the £ to get a rough idea of $ value)

She agreed we would replace the ps3 but wants a cheap free gift over an expensive one. . is it me or is she being stoopid and narrow minded with the cash she does not 'earn' while taking 'my' credit rating as her own. .she has stormed to bed now and ignored me for ocver an hour over this. . who do you think is in the right. .

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    marriage... tell her to take a long walk of a short pier.. heh... kidding! :shifty: since doing what was best for the little one got you into this, you should do what's best for him to get you out of it.

Frumundah Finnatic and NaboCane like this.
  3. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Can't you get the laptop and play games on that?

I don't game, so for me the choice between a new laptop and a new gaming machine is 100% in favor of the computer. But that's just me.

Uncle Rico likes this.
  4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Brother, you can't win an argument with a woman because, as a man, your weapons are logic and reason. These are no match for her impenetrable force-field of irrationality and emotion.

You might as well be arguing with a wall.

5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    you're going to upset a lot of women around here... namely Gish...:couch:

Fin D, PSG, hof13 and 5 others like this.
  6. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    omfg LMAO

7. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    I don't get how any grandparent has a right

What if you hate your parents and never want them to see your kids because of things they will say or do

You foster relationships with your family and thats how you stay in touch not by the courts

8. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    :lol: :hi5:

9. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    qft

10. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    muck is sexist and no one says anything.......

i say something sexist and i have like 2 arch enemies afterwards.

I hate all of you equally.

Fin D, sking29, HardKoreXXX and 2 others like this.
  11. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    he was clearly being sarcastic... i was/am not...

12. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Truer words have never been spoken.:yes:

But i still love them. :sigh:

13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Wild guess syborg, did you remind of the fact that it is your credit, not hers, that is the determining factor in the "wii v PS3" discussion?

14. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i don't understand why you'd have to defend the right to disallow the mother in law to see the kid. is your wife on board with not letting her mother see the baby? if so, why is there even a discussion in the first place?

frankly i'd tell the missus (in so many words) that she can deal and you'll get your PS3. you're the breadwinner, and considering part of that bread-winning involves you paying for her kids from a prior marriage, i don't see why it would be far off to allow yourself to have what YOU want (the PS3) versus what SHE'D want (the wii). It's not a compromise if it's what she wants versus what you want. that's just her getting her way.

i'd hate to recommend you be rude, but as muck said, sometimes there is no reasoning. you just have to do it. get the PS3. If she complains, she'll have to get over it. If she never gets over that, then you guys have no business being together. i'm all about sacrifices, but this just seems like menial crap on her part to me.