1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bobby McCray released....a fit??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finyank13, Jun 21, 2010.

1. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Okay okay he has done NOTHING, but I wonder if he has been coached up properly on a offense heavy team....the kid will be 29, 6'6'' and weighs in at 260 at DE, and was making 2 milly......You could toss a million at him for one year, and he would probably sign...Thoughts??

Per rotoword...

Saints released DE Bobby McCray.

The move seems surprising at first glance because McCray worked with the first-team defense throughout OTA season in the wake of Charles Grant's release, but realistically he was never going to beat out Alex Brown. McCray, 29 before the season, managed just 1.5 sacks in 16 games last year. The Saints will move forward with Brown at left end, likely as an every-down player. McCray's release takes the team off the hook for his $2 million salary.

2. Wildcat23

Wildcat23 Here kitty kitty

Nov 9, 2009
    Id rather stick with what we have. I couldn't see him making this team to be honest.

3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    If there was one area we addressed in the draft it was the defensive front 7 .In fact we seem to have too many players that will be competing for those spots.

I dont think we will be interested as the guys we have have been hand picked by this regime and Mc Cray may not fit their criteria.

steveincolorado likes this.
  4. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Is he better than Jason Taylor? We let him go and he was going to be at a decent price. I can't see us going after him.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    He's more a of a 4-3 guy.