Boldin a better fit in Miami than RB Brown

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinSane, Apr 21, 2009.

1. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    This lets trade Ronnie stuff is getting absolutely ridiculous. He belongs in miami, he is coming off of a pro bowl year and STILL has potential to grow. It would be seriously a waste of the #2 pick overall if we traded him now for a disgruntled reciever. Would make no sense.

djphinfan likes this.
  2. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Yet another example of a national writer that displays his utter and complete lack of granular knowledge about a specific player for a specific team.

It's the reason why sites like thephins.com (and other independents) thrive while established media outlets (like CBS) continue to lose market share.

cnc66 and Silverphin like this.
  3. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    As much as I love Ronnie Brown if its straight up I'd do it in a heart beat. We can find a RB later in the draft but how many Wideouts turn out to be as great as a Aquan Boldin?

4. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Brown is a major piece of the offense & would be missed.
    He is good but not irreplaceable or great.
    He has had his best years, consistently throughout his Football Career, as a Tandem Back. It is what it is. Most of us are aware of both sides of the coin & there are two sides.
    I refuse to enter into anything remotely resembling a bash & trash. He went to the ProBowl & was the one bright spot in our most horrific season in Dolphin history, until his injury. I will forever be grateful for his contributions.

2009 should be an exciting year, especially for our ground game. I think it is a very long shot to enter 2009 w/o Brown.

However, what the FrontOffice decides is in the best interest of the team. It is their call & I trust them to make the right decision.

I like Brown. I like Boldin. We are deep in WR's & RB's in this draft. What to do? How does the FRontOffice view the game? We shall see.

5. StLouisFinFan

StLouisFinFan New Member

Apr 28, 2008
    This premise, and seemingly backed by Lombardi, is flawed in that it assumes Brown had limited or no success PRIOR to the Wildcat. This is just not true. Before the WC was ever even thought about, Brown was averaging about 4.3 YPC, punishing defenders a-plenty, and also ripping off 60 and 70 yard TDs to boot. The WC wasn't his coming out party, at least not for real Dolphins fans. The WC was nothing more than ANOTHER way in which Brown could be successful, it wasn't the ONLY way Brown could be successful. Maybe this is where Lombardi went off track. Maybe he's seeing that Brown had success in the WC and is just lazily assuming that Brown NEEDED that to be successful, not realizing that it was just ANOTHER way. I don't know, but this whole conversation is rediculous to be having to begin with.

6. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    Has anybody sent an e-mail to Lombardi and set him straight?

7. surferosa

surferosa Balance and Vision

Mar 23, 2008
    Frankly I agree with him.

8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    First of all I love Ronnie Brown but if its straight up for Boldin I would do it.

No one is questioning what Ronnie does but if you can get a top 5 WR You have to do it because you can replace Runningbacks.