1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bonamego firing bothers Westhoff; should a player have been released?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by frags, Oct 9, 2010.

1. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
  2. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yeah, I saw Carpenter majorly whiff on a couple of tackles.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    I bet he was dissapointed....

Im sure he wouldve LOVED to play against Bonamego one more time.

4. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    TBH, I would not have released any player (especially B.Carpenter, who I think has played well). I think our awful STs play was principally due to the ineptitude of our coach and not the personnel.

steveincolorado likes this.
  5. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    Part of it was Carpenter, but we've had a mediocre to crappy ST for the last 3 years... Carpenter hasn't been around long enough to be the cause of that.

I don't know what all the praise on him is. He helped with one goal line stand (which I'll admit was great, and probably saved us the game). That's all I've seen his number called on, and I recall seeing him get abused a few times in the last game or two.

Coral Reefer, eric and Pandarilla like this.
  6. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    We have been bringing in good special teams players for two years now, Dobbins, Walden Carpenter etc...

Did they forget how to do it when they got here? No, it was the coaching and the schemes, plane and simple.

Westhoff is still bitter because he still wants to be here!:shifty:

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  7. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    I actually forget about the goal-line stand when I mention he has been playing well. First and foremost, he cost us nearly nothing coming from FA (couple 100grand or so I would imagine as I am not sure about the contract details). With that in mind he has been covering decent to fairly well. Cost-benefit analysis in my opinion is that he has provided a larger benefit to our 3rd down coverage. Has not been stellar, I agree, but for what we got him for and what our other options are (Dobbins) it works...

8. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Exactly. Shut your limpy face, Westhoff! No one cares what you have to say. You know what "bothers" me? A lot of things, but no one cares, so I keep my piehole shut on matters that don't concern me.

mroz likes this.
  9. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    What are you basing this on?

10. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Westhoff is right in that Carpenter did screw up, but he’s wrong in that the one Patriots game did not end Bonamego’s time in Miami. His units have been mediocre to bad his entire time here. Part of that the front office and Sparano designating developmental players to special teams rather than dedicating a couple of roster spots specifically to guys who only play special teams, but only part.

Westhoff is missing the bigger picture.

Coral Reefer and FanMarino like this.
  11. FanMarino

FanMarino Season Ticket Holder

Nov 24, 2007
    Agree totally. Another problem is that our overall squad is very young and alot of players are now starters where in the majority of teams those very players would probably be on Special Teams. Sooner or later with the way our ST's have performed Bonamego was going to get the bullet. Last Monday Night was the final straw and showed how little that unit has progressed. In fact regressed.

12. Pariah

Pariah Revolutionary

Nov 27, 2007
    Little Rhody
    The yapping that comes out of the Jests camp will eventually catch up to them and bite them in the A$$.

13. frags

frags New Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Boston, MA...
    The schemes we seem to be employing. The NFL is not college football...you rarely see kicks blocked and we had what three (3) in two (2) weeks...Imo (I may be wrong and will admit it), things such as this do not happen due to personnel based on the rarity of its occurrence and the fact that these players are still NFL players ie the best around. For that, I believe it is the coach and not the personnel at issue. I may be wrong, only time will tell as the saying goes.

14. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    No he is not, he uses everything he can to stab at the Dolphins for letting him go.

He know's what he is doing.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  15. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yes, and he intentionally ignores the bigger picture for purposes of making that jab.

16. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    To be honest, I don't remember your special teams being this bad last year.

17. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Just like the NY Media knows what it is doing by, first holding onto for 2 years, then releasing just prior to, Frett Barvfe solicitating wimmin within its slimy organization......just before the Vikings and Jets face each other?

Be sure to tune into ESPN to hear every juicy detail boys and girls.

k-bayfinfan and brandon27 like this.
  18. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Westhoff should STFU and worry about his own team which probably won't make the playoffs.

I mean, really? We didnt make changes? this is a unit on our team that has failed to get better for 3 straight years, its gotten worse actually. Like really, STFU and mind your own business.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  19. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, like a NYJ coach is even going to understand what STFU means?

Have to spell it out...... in crayon.......and then repeat it to them every day for weeks.

20. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    of course he's gonna be upset... any time a division rival gets better they won't be happy

I bet he's upset that the dolphins no longer have waanstedt too

azfinfanmang likes this.
  21. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Bonamego hired by Chargers this afternoon....:shifty:

Merauder likes this.
  22. Merauder

Merauder Perseverance

Dec 16, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale