1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Both sides hoping for a big payoff as Crowder's free agency looms

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 15, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Both sides hoping for a big payoff as Channing Crowder's free agency looms -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Crowder still has the same old issues as his first three years at this point. He may be playing a little better this year overall, but the bottom line is that he disappears at times and is inconsistent....The same problems Greenwood had here and while Greenwood is a productive LBer, he's just another LB not really anything special...
    The same seems to be true for Crowder...

GARDENHEAD, mi2cents and azfinfanmang like this.
  3. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    Channing is 2nd on the team in tackles, behind Bell. He seems to do fairly decent on Sunday's though I'd like to see more big time plays from him. If we do resign him I hope it's an average contract and nothing big. Then again for the longest time I questioned why we needed Cobbs on this team, after the warm glass of STFU i received on Sunday from Sparano/Cobbs I'll let the decision making up to them. :)

Bpk likes this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    This probably needs to be merged as it was already posted about 2 weeks ago.

And..in two weeks, I say the same thing. IF they resign him, it DEFINATELY won't be for any "Blockbuster" deal. He will get paid along the lines of any second tier LB....and they (FO) will do anything they can to pick up a First tier MLB IMO.

SCall13 and Samphin like this.
  5. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

Allowing Matt Schaub to waltz into the endzone should cost everyone on the defense a cool million per season from here on forward if you ask me...

6. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    i think he's going to want a blockbuster deal, and if he does he can take a walk... unless of course he is, maybe, top 5 in the league in tackles with some sacks and turnovers

7. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I really don't think Parcells/Ireland/Sparano will think Crowder is worth what he thinks he is worth. I sure wish we had gotten Willis.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  8. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    I second that!!! Big time

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Tell you what, i wasnt in the mood to hear this kind of stuff before i read the article, if i was the coach and heard that crap come out of his mouth, he'd be paying a visit to the man upstairs. Theres a code to respect remember Mr. crowder..

Crowder is an average linebacker with with DECENT athletic ability, and strength.

10. Dfan06

Dfan06 New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Miami, FL
    I doubt he is getting that big contract he is looking for, He is an above-average linebacker but not a great one. I hope they pair him with a beast like Mauluga.

11. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    What's REALLY funny is when that draft was unfolding, I was Pat Willis' personal PIMP.
    I got blasted saying he wouldnt/shouldnt go before 15-22. He's a great LB, but small and wasnt worthy of the #9 slot....

Of course we all know how THAT has turned out.... :angry:

12. westernnyphinfa

westernnyphinfa New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Crowder is a Saban guy.

Saban is a Belichek Guy

Belichek is a Parcells Guy.

Croweder by default then becomes a Parcells/Sparano Guy

13. dolpns13

Dec 3, 2007