1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bowl Matchups

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by DonShula84, Dec 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

No other people can have opinions and I respect those opinions. However I have mine and try to make my point. You just really hate the SEC (I wonder why?).

2. Texphinphan

Texphinphan Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Wont debate whether SEC is stronger that Big 12 this year, because I think that the results on the field are clear. In terms of being overrated, I have not seen many who say that Big 12 is better than SEC. Overrated as compared to what?
    I will say that if you watched the OSU Texas game, that Texas beat OSU eventhough, they played their worst half of football all year in that game, and I am including the Tech game. That first half was the most lackadaisical I have seen UT in a long time.

3. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Well everyone argued that the SEC was down and that the Big 12 was the best conference in college football before the bowl games started. They are overated compared to what everyone thought their offense was and how good their teams were.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Ohio ST blew that game. The defense played solid but the offensive play calling wasn't there.

God I need to stop talking about that game its going to get me depressed again.

5. Texphinphan

Nov 25, 2007
    Not sure who "everyone" is, but other than a few crazies, I did not hear many reasonable people, or any media types, say that Big 12 was a better conference than SEC. What I did hear and read was that Big 12 had better offenses than SEC. Most of us Big 12 apologists also argued that our defensive stats were artificially low as a result. After the bowl games, I think our offenses performed well, but defenses not so much.

It is somewhat humorous to hear SEC folks feeling in anyway disrespected. I think the vast majority of media, and football fans, felt that SEC was the strongest conference going into the bowls. Nothing happened during the bowls to change it.

6. Texphinphan

Nov 25, 2007
    Not to rub it in, but....Tell me a little about Pryor. I found him to be scary good, but he seemed to lack a little intestinal fortitude when it came to taking a hit. I only saw him in this game, however. I think that we has the makings of a very dangerous player. He is no Vince, but still.:tongue2:

Also, I have to tell you that I was much more scared by your running game then by your defense in this game. I thought by the second half, we found our offensive bearings. I think if Wells had been able to play more, and keep the UT offensive off the field, it may have turned out differently.

Obviously I enjoyed the game and hope we renew the series between UT and OSU.

7. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Many people said the Big 12 was the best conference in CFB this year and they have great evidence of that being accurate.

Whoever "respectable" is in peoples eyes is up for debate but there were a fair amount of analysts calling the big 12 the best conference.

But because I agree with them Im a "hater"....go figure:shifty:

8. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    :lol: Yeah sure what ever you say