1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxing: Kelly Pavlik to face Bernard Hopkins

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Muck, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Fight will take place at 170 pounds on Oct. 18. HBO PPV.

Apparently there were six other fights that they couldn't get first.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3494448&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2. phunwin

phunwin Happy kids are Dolfans. Luxury Box

:sidelol:

I give Bob Arum lots of credit for his honesty. "Um, look, this fight's probably going to suck, but we couldn't get anyone better, so what do you want?"

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Yeah, it probably won't be very good. Hopkins will make sure of it. I'll still end up buying it because I'm a Pavlik fan.

Could be interesting though, since Hopkins tries to hold and play defense. Pavlik is great because he doesn't get stuck trying to throw one kind of punch and/or only at the head. When he gets inside, he really mixes his combinations up. Lockett was severely outclassed. But you saw a great example of it in that fight.

4. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Too bad they couldn't get the other ones- but I think it will be a good fight.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Atlanta
    I laughed too, way not to even spin it. Think words like that ever come out of Don Kings mouth.

6. #1 fan

#1 fan Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    miami
    i read that the fight has been called off. i was kinda excited to see it. i know nobody else was, but b-hop and pavlik are two of my favorite fighters.