1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy was that fun!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    A complete BEATDOWN of the hated rivals in their own house.

All 3 phases completely dominated that game. I don't remember ever seeing such a performance on special teams. A blocked punt for a TD. A blocked FG. Thigpen with a huge return. Carpenter 3 for 3 in windy conditions. Fields was his usual Pro Bowl self.

The defense was smothering. Yes, I'm aware the Jets offense sucks but it's still impressive. 4 sacks and 2 turnovers and multiple other nice plays that won't show up in the stats.

The offense did it's job as well. Matt Moore came in for Tannehill and looked just like he did at the end of last year. He was effective and got the job done. Hartline, Bess, Marlon Moore and Gaffney all contributed and Fasano with excellent footwork for the TD. Bush had a couple nice moments himself and Daniel Thomas shined a bit as well with an impressive TD run.

That was so fun to watch. I already hated the Jets more than anyone and their mouth-running during the week made me want this game even more. Just as the Dolphins players were saying after the game, they can run their mouth during the week, but on Sunday the Dolphins did it on the field where it counts. Impressive win and thankfully Ryan Tannehill isn't seriously hurt.

This was for you, jetssuck. R.I.P.

Win next week and we're tied for first place. This team is fun.

2. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Oh, and also...

[​IMG]

first&goal, SICK, MikeHoncho and 3 others like this.
  3. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    The NY media will keep the satisfaction of this win going for 2 weeks as well. Gotta love it!

4. Ironside

Ironside New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Don't forget the onside kick that helped, if nothing else, set the tone of the game.

5. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Damn, I did forget. Even more of an impressive Special Teams effort.

6. gamblerx

gamblerx New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Homestead, FL
    For jetssuck...

It's never the same without you, fellow Phinhead.

first&goal, SICK, Pandarilla and 3 others like this.
  7. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I wonder if Francessa is going to work tomorrow. It is petty crazy in this part of the country.

This was a beauty, and honestly the refs killed us. That premature forward progress on Bess should have been a TD, some real bad no PI calls. Gaffney gaffed an easy bomb. But make no mistake, the Jets are complete garbage. Its why I was infuriated with our first loss.

And what really confuses me is how they played with NE last week. This is an odd season. And remember all the Ram fans who were in here beating their chests, and singing praises of their defense? Well what happened today guys, jeez? Where's Faulk-Up after that beating?

It seems like no team is safe, but in a year where parity is abound, its good to be in the mix of things, because you never know.

Pandarilla likes this.
  8. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Faulkup was a good soldier iirc. He came here in peace. It was the Bengal trolls that were bad.

first&goal likes this.