1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bradford's "Phenomenal" Pro-Day Has Pete Carroll and Gil Brandt Gushing

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Bpk, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

Good to see his shoulder's not hampering him. does this affect the draft mocks at all?

dolfan22 likes this.
  2. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I think Bradford is the ONLY QB in this draft class that will find success. Though Clausen would be my second choice.

McCoy on the other hand, IMO is not going to pan out in the NFL.

3. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    bradford has a GREAT career ahead of him

BuckeyeKing likes this.
  4. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    If his shoulder checked out A-OK (and, obviously it did), then I think there's a very good chance he's the first player off the board come 4/22. Bulger is done in St. Louis from what I'm hearing. And, they've missed on more than one franchise QB over the last several years. I think this is the year Devaney takes a chance on a young gun to be their QB of the future. Assuming of course there isn't a deal brewing with Philly for McNabb.

Bpk likes this.
  5. Bpk

Surprised to hear you say McCoy won't succeed. I think that he'd find great success somewhere like Indy, Atlanta or... Tampa, which is where he'll probably end up.

Why don;t you like him?

Regarding Bradford, this has cemented him as the #1 overall. I'd be shocked if they went D-line AGAIN after so many front seven picks the last few years.

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Well if the shoulder's all good then I have to make room for him in my top 5, make it a top 6.

7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    This.

Bradford is going to be amazing IMO.

8. Bpk

When you say top 6, are you ranking them by talent or by where you think they'll go?

And, out of curiosity, who edges Bradford to take #5? Derrick Morgan?

9. Bpk

On another note, CK, which QB do you think the Phins will pick up late in this draft, if any?

I recall you liking Skelton after the Shrine game.

10. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I watched almost all of the Texas games this year. McCoy looks absolutely lost when there is any sort of pressure, heavy or otherwise. He'll use his legs to escape pressure that doesn't exist, and end up running into more pressure than there originally was.

He doesn't have a very good arm in my opinion either. The only throws he makes very well are the short ones IMO.

11. Bpk

omg I had a huge brainfart! lol. I assumed he meant GERALD MCCOY.

No clue why I'd assume that, since we're talking about QBs in here.

Duh.

lol. Yeah, I totally agree then!!!

Alex44 likes this.
  12. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    LOL Glad we're on the same page.

13. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    That ought to about seal him as the top pick in the draft. Now lets see what Detroit wants to do - DT or LT.

Bpk likes this.
  14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, Bradford can look great throwing the ball around in shorts at a pro day, that won't change the fact he comes from the Spread offense and is fragile to say the least.

To me he is Matt Schuab Jr. but the Texans have Andre Johnson, the Rams have..Donnie Avery..

Bpk likes this.
  15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Bradford has work under center. IIRC, he took a lot of snaps under center his first year. He also said he did a lot of mandatory snaps under center in practices. Stoops made him. I'm not too worried about that. The question is reading defenses but he's a very bright guy too.

He's bulked up and is carrying the weight well. He's 20 pounds heavier IIRC than he was in his playing days. I think he'll be fine.

Bpk and dolfan22 like this.
  16. Starry31

Starry31 Phins and Heels.

Dec 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    While I'm far from a scout guy, don't sleep on this kid. Just saying this so I can necro this thread in three years if I'm right. :tongue2:

[​IMG]

Bpk likes this.
  17. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I'm just happy to see his decision to go back to school to try for a National Championship didn't bite him in the ***.

He had a good shot of going #1 last year, and it's good the kid didn't get screwed out of millions going back for his junior season.

Bpk, padre31 and jetssuck like this.
  18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Clausen is from ND though...

Notre Dame...