1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Fields: 2nd Team All-Pro

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Link: HERE

Taking nothing away from Aqib Talib, but Grimes should have been on this list. Grimes has not been "raped" this year quite like I have seen Talib. Ice up, son!

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  2. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Strange that Hekker beat Brandon Fields out for 1st all pro. I haven't watched Hekker, but straight stats suggest that Fields was a bit better, IMO. 14.4% of his punts put teams inside their 20. Their avg and net avg. is about the same, with fields leading .avg by two yards more and Hekkler leading in net by two yards more... Glad to see Fields get recognized though.

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    TBH, specials had a really down year, Sturgis, Thigpen, and the coverage units all had poor to avg yrs, Fields was his usual excellent self though

4. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Absolutely. I was expecting big things from Thigpen this year after his stellar '12 season. He seemed slower. I wonder if he had some nagging injury? Sturgis started hot, but once he missed the one I believe at Baltimore or Buffalo where he hesitated, he just kept on missing. I swear I thought he expected to be iced on that one.

5. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    He probably lost speed from bulking up to try to be a runningback. Clearly did not work out.

6. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Never understood what an 'all-pro' team was. Media making a list of the players they think is best? Meaning Brandon is second best punter?

Pretty good, if that's what it is.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    first team, one player per position..the best at each...both conferences combined.

8. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I thought our coverage units were excellent. Did we even allow a return TD? I don't think we did.

Plus, all I envision is Don Jones, RJ Stanford, Dion Jordan, and Marlon Moore streaking down the field and tackling very, very well.

The returns were poor as compared to 2012, but on the whole were good...I think? Maybe numbers show different?