1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon London story -Peter King

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by wpgfishfan, Dec 2, 2008.

1. wpgfishfan

wpgfishfan Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    This was when he was in camp with the G-men

Can Domenik Hixon survive the mental and physical toll of replacing Burress?

One vivid picture I recall from my trip to Giants' training camp last summer: a free-agent receiver named Brandon London from UMass was catching everything in sight. I asked Tom Coughlin after practice whether London had any chance to make the team given the treasure trove of talent on the roster at wideout. "He's got a chance -- a real chance,'' Coughlin said. "Just look at him out there.''

London didn't make it (he's now a Dolphin), but the point was made: Coughlin isn't worried about playing non-marquee guys if they're the best guys out there. He's always been that way, in Jacksonville and in New York

Where do the Giants go from here? Plus MMQB Mail - Peter King - SI.com

2. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    They were very upset when we plucked London from the PS, he had a great preseason for them. he would be on that roster now with the injury to Tyree for special teams. But they are stocked at WR still.

This kid can develop into something special, he is a big target, physical and has some speed.

jason8er and HULKFish like this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

4. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    he's should be what ernest wilford wasnt. Big, physical and catches everything thrown to him. Im excited about where the fins offense is going to be with a bit more experience under their belts.

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Pick three Football players and create a Rap group.

Terrell Owens, DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson. Their group would be called The Egos. All three of them have EGOS. The group would only last for about two days because each one of them would want to be the lead singer. Their swag and songs would come out pretty fresh though.
    :lol:

anlgp likes this.
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Me and him have a few things in common. Nice find.

Good read, wpg. I said that he could end up being a Vincent Jackson-type for us and I'm still sticking to that. I'd like to see him develop and become a player. As NJ mentions, he's big, physical and has speed.

Also, regarding Hixon, I think he's a guy who can be a good number two in this league. No doubt in my mind. A number one? That's a big task for him and I wonder how he would fair as a number one.

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Still makes me wonder why Wilford is still hanging around ?? What a disappointment...I'm sure that Tunaland also feels the same way about him...shame to waste the $6 M we gave him...

8. New Era

New Era Waterboy

Nov 28, 2007
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can see TO crying at the press conference...

TO: "That's my back-up singers man..."
    Reporter: "No, they say you are the back-up TO."
    TO: "Oh...the hell with them, I am going SOLO."

9. burton87

burton87 New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I can't post the link to the story anlgp found, because I only have 1 post... :no: But pretend I'm quoting him. :up:

Floor or counter?

Haha, politzer prize journalism right there.

---
    Brandon London is one of my favorite players right now and he only has two god damn catches.. How does that make sense? Well, let me tell you curious thephins reader- Because his intensity everywhere is seen at all times, if 11 players jumped up and down on on the field like him after a play. It would be....

amazingness

Brandon London will have a TD against the Bills this sunday.

BL > :nutkicker: < Bills