1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brandon Marshall - Dolphins Have Swagger

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by anlgp, Oct 31, 2008.

1. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

2. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Dang... Forgot about Stokley. He's a playmaker! This game will definitely be a challenge! I know the offense will get it going but the D needs to play consistent and look like the D last week and the other wins.

3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Stokley has been limited by injuries this year though, and he's 32 ... I'm much more worried about Marshall, and by proxy, Royal and Scheffler.

Houston and Denver run similar offenses with similar players. In that game we saw Andre Johnson destroy us, with Owen Daniels killing us underneath and on rollouts. We could see similar things from Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler in this game.

Best way to beat Denver is to keep their offense off the field.

funkdat, Colorado Dolfan and Bumrush like this.
  4. finsmx

finsmx Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Monterrey, Mexico
    Denver is the 3rd worst run defense in the league. I'm hoping we'll see more Ronnie than we have the last couple of weeks.

SICK likes this.
  5. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm with you man. A healthy dose of Ronnie with a sprinkling of Ricky should be the recipe we need to follow.

Shanahan's had 2 weeks to prepare though, so I expect to see his team come out motivated and playing hard. Should be a good game.

6. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Marshall and Royal have me very concerned. We need to put a lot of pressure with our front 7 to help our secondary out, or it could be a long day for them.

7. BroncoManiac_69

BroncoManiac_69 New Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Cedar City, Utah
    That's exactly what we're afraid of. You should dominate time of possession of you do keep it on the ground. And more than likely you will have at least one big play for 50/60 yards. We have coughed one of those up each week.

The big problem with our defense is the schemes. For the last 5 years, they keep changing it. Takes a while to adjust and even our vets are struggling with all the changes. Slowik our current D Coor. is taking heat as well just like that his predecessors.

Shanny has always relied on speed in the draft and free agency market and our lines reflect that. But speed cannot over power some of these big dudes we see each week therefore no pass rush to speak of.

We had a "where's the beef" joke going around for a while.

Do ya'll remember when we brought that monster Sam Adams over from Cincinnati? He looked so funny being like what .... a thousand pounds next to our teeny weeny linebackers. LOL

Puka-head and finsmx like this.
  8. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    There's not one person that starts on either line for Miami that isn't extremely physical. Our whole team has an 'in your face' approach. I hope Jake Long likes pancakes, he may get to eat a few this week.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I get worried when a 3 and 4 team coming off a 1 and 16 season developes a swagger...too soon ? idk..unless that swagger is that of the silent version and something that is coming from our humilty, hunger then i dont wanna have anything to do with that type of swagger.

If its a type of swagger being detected by the opposition that exudes from us because of our innerconfidence then iam all about it.

10. BroncoManiac_69

Oct 30, 2008
    Cedar City, Utah
    *sigh*

Guess we'll have to fall back on our illegal chop blocking. :nutkick:

:D

GISH and funkdat like this.
  11. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Bates liked huge DTs when he was here. Didn't he go to Denver? I may be thinking of a different team.

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Bates was the DC in Denver and then resigned from the position at the end of last year I believe.

13. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    I suprized he didn't change the size issue, at DT at least. His D doesn't really go with out two big DTs clogging up the middle and keeping the MLB free to make plays. Unless, they didn't run his scheme?

14. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL

BOOOOOO. I just hope we get out of Denver with ACL's MCL's and miniscus' intact.

15. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Too , funny

16. phinnhedd

phinnhedd Reality.

Oct 10, 2008
    Port Saint Lucie, FL
    Swagger Like Us
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai-5r9I4V1s[/ame]

I'm not much into rap, some reason I like this one.

17. BroncoManiac_69

Oct 30, 2008
    Cedar City, Utah
    He had to work with the current personnel. He was let go after one year. That would have been last year. Slowik has the reins now and he has a bullseye on his back now.

Hell, I'm sure we'll have somebody new next year. I can't keep up with it and get tired of trying. LOL

18. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    What was it? 5 in 5 years or something like that? At some point I think the blame needs to come down to Shannahan doesnt it?

I mean, hes the guy who has been collecting a bunch of castoff DLs and pretending they are sufficient hasnt he?

Anyway, I can see this game many ways. Us winning as badly as NE did the other week, Denver putting up 40+ on us, both of us having a shootout and landing in the 30s, I dont know.

As for Houston, I would give them an edge offensively a bit. Johnson is more dynamic than Marshall, and Houston has the better running game right now and had better secondary recievers. But it definately is a blueprint the Broncos can hope to emulate. However, Im hoping our secondary turned a bit of a corner in keeping Evans pretty well contained in the W over Buffalo. Blanket Marshall all day and pray Porter and co. can get in the backfield all game to disrupt Cutler.

19. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Love/Hate: Having to start Marshall against Miami in FF.